While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There's less sugar eating a doughnut. Why not start your day off eating 2 doughnuts instead of 1 poptart, there's less calories in them? Oh and these have to be the worst thing ever invented for a kids breakfast, come on now, really? Anything prepackaged that has a very long shelf life and filled with sugar isn't worth putting into our bodies. I'm surprised your not a diabetic eating two of these every day..lol

That paragraph is so full of ignorance I'm not even sure where to begin. Not only do I eat two of them every day I also eat a pint of ice cream EVERY night.

I want to be you!

Nevermind.. scratch that.. I could never keep up with how many calories you eat.. I thought I was going to look at your diary and you eat ice cream and pop tarts within a reasonable amount of calories like 1500-2000, not 4000! How much do you weigh? pictures? goals? Just curious.

I'm 5'10" 185lbs & I maintain at 3300 - 3500. I'm working on body composition right now or if you'd like to call it a super slow bulk, than you can call it that. (Gained 7 lbs in 6 months lol...)

Curious, why do you believe my calories to be unreasonable?
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

/gasp I have NEVER seen those in my stores!! I would so eat one if I had that flavor. Other than that, they aren't my thing. I'd rather have a toaster strudel!

I will take a toaster strudel or 2 or 3 or 4 anyday!!
  • jboss1989
    Options
    Have you ever read the ingredients list and nutrition facts on the box? They're about as unhealthy as can be, and most of the ingredients don't even seem to be consumable...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I HAVE ALL THE RAGE FOR THE OP! I spent all of the holidays combing through stores trying to find pumpkin cheesecake, couldn't find it ANYWHERE. And you have a stack of them in your photo!!!

I'm bitter, I love pumpkin cheesecake and was so sad to not find it. The new cannoli was nice, but it wasn't the same :\

I found the pumpkin cheesecake at a 24 hour Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago. Holy crap is that good!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If I eat one, the whole box is gone.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    20100606poptarticecream2-thumb-500x375-93387.jpg
  • magerum
    Options
    I HAVE ALL THE RAGE FOR THE OP! I spent all of the holidays combing through stores trying to find pumpkin cheesecake, couldn't find it ANYWHERE. And you have a stack of them in your photo!!!

I'm bitter, I love pumpkin cheesecake and was so sad to not find it. The new cannoli was nice, but it wasn't the same :\

I found the pumpkin cheesecake at a 24 hour Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago. Holy crap is that good!

I just found more yesterday, cleared the shelf. Hence the pic!
  • magerum
    Options
    Have you ever read the ingredients list and nutrition facts on the box? They're about as unhealthy as can be, and most of the ingredients don't even seem to be consumable...

I would like some clarification on that if you don't mind. Why do you say they're as unhealthy as can be?
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love me some blueberry frosted pop tarts :love:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options

I would like some clarification on that if you don't mind. Why do you say they're as unhealthy as can be?

I love how people keep posting things like this. I don't think anyone here thinks of Pop Tarts as 'health food'. Do you think I eat them on a regular basis? No...

BUT, I still enjoy them on occasion and don't feel bad about it. I'm sure not everything you eat is the epitome of health, and if it is... good for you... not all of us think food is 'bad' and can eat things in moderation AND achieve our fitness goals.

I'll be over here in the corner eating my Pop Tarts, and then I'm going to scamper off and use my abs to wash some laundry.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts. Gross. I only hate cause of the taste, not the nutrition facts.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No more Poptarts for me, they totally messed me up for the past few days. No weight loss this week :(
    but at least the box is gone!
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Where are you all when I needed you???! I wrote a post the other day about not depriving yourself and fitting in the foods you love and it was like it was the end of the flippin' world.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Pop Tarts. I'll take just brown sugar cinnamon over here.
  • magerum
    Options
    I made an ice cream sandwich with Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts and Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake last night... AWESOME.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I made an ice cream sandwich with Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts and Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake last night... AWESOME.

:love: :love: :love:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    ^^ This!

:heart:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I went off Pop Tarts when they stopped selling the brown sugar & cinnamon ones in Canada.

It's too late for them to get me back, since I'm grain free now.

If I mailed you a box from the US - you would eat them before you made it back to the house from the mailbox. Right????
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    OK OK I can't stand it anymore..... I have them on the grocery list for tomorrow!! :drinker: I eat around 1000 calories for breakfast so I can fit in a couple.... Now to decide which one to get???
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are great! I use them as on the bike fuel.....they fit in the back pocket, don't get gooey or messy, and come in a variety of flavors. Perfect for long rides.
    They also make a great breakfast when backpacking.