While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can't eat pop tarts because I have a gluten allergy...I would totally find a way to fit them into my calories if I could though. brown sugar cinnamon, no frosting :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I can't eat pop tarts because I have a gluten allergy...I would totally find a way to fit them into my calories if I could though. brown sugar cinnamon, no frosting :)

I promise to eat them for you!!! :cry:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    All this talk of pop tarts, and I went to get one from the vending machine...$1.50!!! That isn't for a box. Grumbling because I am too cheap to do that. I'll have to buy a box this weekend....:angry::explode: :grumble:

At my job, they are only $.50. Speaking of...maybe I need to go get one.....mwahahahaha!!!
  • GramCrkr
    GramCrkr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Red Velvet Pop Tarts are AMAZING!!!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    TODAY I found the red velvet poptarts. I bought them because I just wanted to try them. They seriously taste like an old stale cupcake. Not that great! I threw them out.

The other day, I went to the grocery store to checkout the Red Velvet pop tarts, but they didn't have any. I love the strawberry with white frosting pop tarts. But because of the calories, I opted for the Special K crisps. I knew I was going to eat the whole box because it is like crack to me. Something about the strawberry and sugary topping-hmmm yummy. It was 500 calories and they were logged in my diary.

The red velvet one's aren't as good as I hoped.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Last night I was at Wal Mart and just happened to walk past the Pop Tarts, so I looked to see what flavors they had. Frosted marshmallow hot chocolate?! Yes, please! After I ate the second one in the pack, I was ready to pull a Paula Poundstone, but I resisted. Whew!
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    I tried them when they first arrived in the UK (many years after the US had them I might add) and I thought they tasted like overly sugary cardboard?

As back then I never read ingredients lists, tell me, is there anything natural in them whatsoever?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Did you toast the Red Velvet ones? It really makes a difference.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Did you toast the Red Velvet ones? It really makes a difference.

I actually found I like the Red Velvet ones 100% better cold. Which is odd, I normally like all flavors either way.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I tried them when they first arrived in the UK (many years after the US had them I might add) and I thought they tasted like overly sugary cardboard?

As back then I never read ingredients lists, tell me, is there anything natural in them whatsoever?

The UK ones taste rubbish compared to the US ones.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You know what beats all pop tarts? Trader Joe's organic pomegranate cherry frosted "pop tarts". They are out of this world.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    o-POP-TART-ICE-CREAM-SANDWICH-570.jpg?6
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    To follow my ice cream hating topic: Why all the hate for Pop Tarts? I'd love to hear why I shouldn't be eating two a day. My diary's open.

-M

Well, best answer I have: They don't freeze.

Anything that doesn't freeze can survive the next ice age, that means it could quite legitimately become sentient. We already have to worry about skynet, popnet doesn't sound fun.

So, seriously, they don't freeze, so they're awesome to take when camping in the snow, good quick energy source, doesn't go bad. They're awesome. I want to eat a strawberry one right now.
  • magerum
    Options

The UK ones taste rubbish compared to the US ones.

Thread_Necromancy_3038_zpse042385b.jpg
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I eat them and recently discovered the peanut butter ones they are amazing hope they stand around for awhile. Yummmmm
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I eat them and recently discovered the peanut butter ones they are amazing hope they stand around for awhile. Yummmmm

Where did you find them?! I've been looking for those, and the chocolate peanut butter ones with no luck! :sad:
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many stories about pop-tarts, i'm dying to taste them!!! Here in New Zealand we don't have them :(
  • magerum
    Options

Where did you find them?! I've been looking for those, and the chocolate peanut butter ones with no luck! :sad:

Yeah no luck here either. :mad:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    They creep me out. Its a weird feeling to be disgusted just looking at a food.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    On a topic though, i've looked at your dairy, if 2 poptars were the only source of added sugar for you, you would be fine. But you know you went over the limit with those cookies... (only looked at the most recent day)