Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar cinnamon....yummy!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    To follow my ice cream hating topic: Why all the hate for Pop Tarts? I'd love to hear why I shouldn't be eating two a day. My diary's open.

-M

Well, best answer I have: They don't freeze.

Anything that doesn't freeze can survive the next ice age, that means it could quite legitimately become sentient. We already have to worry about skynet, popnet doesn't sound fun.

So, seriously, they don't freeze, so they're awesome to take when camping in the snow, good quick energy source, doesn't go bad. They're awesome. I want to eat a strawberry one right now.

no.. they're so yummy that by the next ice age they will have all been eaten. :smile:

Now that you said that though... I have got to try to freeze one. lol
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    On a topic though, i've looked at your dairy, if 2 poptars were the only source of added sugar for you, you would be fine. But you know you went over the limit with those cookies... (only looked at the most recent day)

I have no medical reason to watch my sugar intake. I'm regularily between 100 - 200 g a day. My nutrient needs are more than met, you don't get extra credit for more nutrients thank you need.
  • smantha32
    Options

Thread_Necromancy_3038_zpse042385b.jpg

OMG, I LOVE this!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    this is the only flavor I liked, and I can never find them anymore...

pop-tarts-apple-cinnamon-40417.jpg

OMG these are AMAZING. Smothered in butter too...
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    They're icky :cry:
  • TheLittleVoice91
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

Artificially flavoured.
    It's always better to be eating something a bit more natural.
    Why SHOULD you eat them?
  • Wizard87
    Wizard87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

OMG, I didn't know they made those. If I did, I think I would have twice as much weight to lose now.
    I have no idea why I like Pop Tarts so much. All I know is I dont buy them because I will eat the whole box.
  • magerum
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

Artificially flavoured.
    It's always better to be eating something a bit more natural.
    Why SHOULD you eat them?

Because they're absolutely delicious. That flavor in particular.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    To follow my ice cream hating topic: Why all the hate for Pop Tarts? I'd love to hear why I shouldn't be eating two a day. My diary's open.

-M

No reason other than they are disgusting stale, wanna-be pastry look-a-likes. Nasty business. if your'e going to eat pastry, do it right!!!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Or you could make your own :) substitute what ever ingredients you want (ex wheat flour for white flour)
    http://www.thecandidappetite.com/2012/08/25/cinnamon-brown-sugar-pop-tarts/
  • magerum
    Options

-M

No reason other than they are disgusting stale, wanna-be pastry look-a-likes. Nasty business. if your'e going to eat pastry, do it right!!!

I seem to hear that a lot from people outside the US. When I open the package they're soft, moist, fresh and delicious without even heating them. Perhaps it's an exporting issue.
  • Kevinh219
    Kevinh219 Posts: 4
    Options
    honestly the confetti cupcake ones would be the death of me lol
  • smantha32
    Options

I seem to hear that a lot from people outside the US. When I open the package they're soft, moist, fresh and delicious without even heating them. Perhaps it's an exporting issue.

This.
  • smantha32
    Options
    honestly the confetti cupcake ones would be the death of me lol

Those are super delicious. I go in spells too. I'm on the chocolate chip cookie dough ones right now. nom nom nom
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I just plain hate 'em. Toaster strudel, all that sort of overly sweet disgusting excuse for breakfast food. Haven't eaten them since I was a kid.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm outside the US, I find them cardboardy and dry. But then I don't like American sweets or chocolate so maybe they use the same sweetener or something?!
    Give me a proper cake or fresh pastry instead any day of the week!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    well they are full of sugar
    they are empty caleries
    they are pure JUNK

Is this even in English?! These things have over 50 different ingredients and I am pretty sure nothing in them is of nutritional value to our bodies. (That is a red flag right there—if there are more ingredients in your product than you can even pronounce, chances are it is not good for you! )

Kellogg’s claims they are “a good source of 7 essential vitamins and minerals”. That just makes me laugh out loud! Where are these hidden? Underneath the high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and vegetable oil? Please do not believe that you are getting anything other than a sugar rush from this product.

Here is the nutritional breakdown of one Pop-Tart. (not one pouch, but one tart!)

Nutrition Facts

Calories: 200.0 | Calories from fat: 45.0

Fat

g

Cholesterol

mg

Saturated fat

g

Sodium

mg

Carbohydrate

g

Sugar

g

Dietary fiber

g

Protein

g

So again, all I see is sugar and sodium with a sprinkling of protein. Not exactly the breakfast of champions, is it?

Mine are already in the trash….how about yours?
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

-M

Meh, I don't care what you eat.

IMHO, if someone has achieved all of their nutrient goals and want to indulge in a dessert, what difference does it make if it's a pop tart or apple pie or a slice of decadent sasher cake? I do think it's a bad idea to SUBSTITUTE poptarts for an actual meal though.... I know people who give their kids poptarts for breakfast as though it's a MEAL and it makes me cringe but I hold my tongue.

Eat what you want.. just don't shove it down my throat and we'll all get along famously. I've had people give my the unsolicited advice that I should be using skim milk in my coffee instead of half and half.. Why the heck does ANYONE care what I put in my coffee? it's not like I'm running around spiking other people's coffee with actual dairy cream.. I'm just choosing it for myself.
  • StepOfFaith
    StepOfFaith Posts: 17
    Options
    Three words, since you asked... High Frucose Corn Syrup. Derived from GMO corn. HFC is one of the biggest offenders causing Obesity, Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome.