While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Listening to my 4 year old grandson downstairs begging for a poptart. Funny, considering this topic. I don't think they're really that good.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    20100606poptarticecream2-thumb-500x375-93387.jpg

That's just wrong!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    OK OK I can't stand it anymore..... I have them on the grocery list for tomorrow!! :drinker: I eat around 1000 calories for breakfast so I can fit in a couple.... Now to decide which one to get???

Come on Ed - brown sugar cinnamon - no frosting!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    20100606poptarticecream2-thumb-500x375-93387.jpg

That's just wrong!

And yet.....so right.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are great! I use them as on the bike fuel.....they fit in the back pocket, don't get gooey or messy, and come in a variety of flavors. Perfect for long rides.
    They also make a great breakfast when backpacking.

My husband always keeps some in his truck with his 'emergency' food stash (jerky, water, pop tarts, nuts and Lara bars). If we ever get in trouble we're not only prepared, we're Pop Tart prepared... it's much yummier.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    OK OK I can't stand it anymore..... I have them on the grocery list for tomorrow!! :drinker: I eat around 1000 calories for breakfast so I can fit in a couple.... Now to decide which one to get???

ED!!! If you can find Pumpkin Pie get them!
  • BabyBrownEyes1991
    Options
    That is IT! I'm calling my mom and telling....

and yeah, I wasn't allowed to eat poptarts as a kid, so I really did call my mom when I was in college to tell her I had one...snort.

thats wrong...but sooo funny lol
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    All this PopTart talk made me hungry for... PopTarts. Strawberry Frosted.

I had one and my dad had one after dinner... all your fault lol
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Why shouldn't you eat 2 day day? I can't think of a reason.

Why shouldn't I eat 2 a day? because in Australia they are $10 A BOX!!!!! Breaks my heart. Probably good for my *kitten*, though.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Why shouldn't you eat 2 day day? I can't think of a reason.

Why shouldn't I eat 2 a day? because in Australia they are $10 A BOX!!!!! Breaks my heart. Probably good for my *kitten*, though.

That's just brutal. I pay like $2.45 for a box of 12.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Dangit, my son ate the last Pop Tart that I was TOTALLY craving. I haven't actually had one in several weeks, and I WANTED it. *grumble*
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Use to be my go-to snack... and went straight to my hips!! Plus if I'm going to suck down calories like that I would prefer ice cream, Lol... Great job on your weight loss and transformation by the way... eat all the poptarts you want, you look great!!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Smores pop tarts are aaaahhh-mazing... but if I have 1, I have to have 2... then I have a big glass of milk with it.. and milk makes me bloat.. all bad news for me.

HOWEVER I know a very petite older woman at work who is in GREAT shape and shes always munching on a package of pop tarts at our morning staff meetings.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.
    I've never in my life tried Nutella but everyone talks about it. Whats the big deal?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

ED!!! If you can find Pumpkin Pie get them!

+1
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.
    I've never in my life tried Nutella but everyone talks about it. Whats the big deal?

It tastes good but has a lot of calories and some people can't stop eating it and they end up with Nutella based blood and very overweight.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Found the Red Velvet Pop Tarts and was sad to find out they aren't all that great. Too sweet and not flavorful enough for me. Oh, well--next time I'm craving them, back to basic Brown Sugar Cinnamon it is!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Found the Red Velvet Pop Tarts and was sad to find out they aren't all that great. Too sweet and not flavorful enough for me. Oh, well--next time I'm craving them, back to basic Brown Sugar Cinnamon it is!

That's a disappointment.

Time for some red velvet cake I guess.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Red Velvet Pop Tarts? I saw them at the store the other day and I'm wondering if they're worth a damn. How about Confetti Cake? Pumpkin Pie?

Wait a minute... wait just ONE DAMN MINUTE!!!!

When did the red velvet and pumpkin pie ones come out? WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED!!!

I must find and try these... and try to not eat the whole damn box. Willpower challenge accepted.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    All this talk of pop tarts, and I went to get one from the vending machine...$1.50!!! That isn't for a box. Grumbling because I am too cheap to do that. I'll have to buy a box this weekend....:angry::explode: :grumble: