While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I ate *maybe* 2 packages of Poptarts so far for the year? I dunno, I don't have a love for them anymore.

I recently saw the oatmeal ones in the store. Are they any good?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I hate pop-tarts. I don't care if you eat them :p but personally I think they're gross. I prefer pastries or turnover or even toaster strudels if I'm having dessert for breakfast ;)

I LOVED the sodium-laden egg/bacon/cheese toaster strudels. Sooo tasty. Now I make my eggs 'n' bacon :P
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    this is the only flavor I liked, and I can never find them anymore...

pop-tarts-apple-cinnamon-40417.jpg

OMG I loved these too (even the low-fat version was good!)!!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love them! They are actually a great snack for me because I eat them super freaking slow. so it works!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Something to think about................

Mom has her son arrested for taking her poptarts.......

http://nation.foxnews.com/son-arrested-stealing-moms-pop-tarts/2013/05/26/mother-has-son-arrested-stealing-her-pop-tarts

I came in for the pop tart bashing, but staying for the COPS episode.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate with them because man are they good when I'm eating themb ut then my mouth is all dry and I'm noe of those freaks who can't heat them up because I burn my tongue every time and I'm just hungry later...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I ate *maybe* 2 packages of Poptarts so far for the year? I dunno, I don't have a love for them anymore.

I recently saw the oatmeal ones in the store. Are they any good?

I think they're good, but my son doesn't like them because there isn't enough frosting. I eat the mapley brown sugar ones with honey flavored frozen Greek yogurt.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Dont like them, they are boke inducing

I'd rather go to a bakery and get my calories worth

If im going to go into a diabetic coma, i'll do it with something that I enjoy the taste of.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Dont like them, they are boke inducing

I'd rather go to a bakery and get my calories worth

If im going to go into a diabetic coma, i'll do it with something that I enjoy the taste of.

Really? 40 g of carbs is going to put you into a diabetic coma? 15 of them from sugar.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Since most people cant stop at one, one isnt the problem (apart from that they taste pretty disgusting to me) its the whole packet

But then again you're talking to someone who blacked out an hour after eating sweet things from a sugar crash then got referred to a dr.

Even if i did like them i wouldnt risk the crash and burn, unless i was perfectly healthy and never suffered from a metabolic disorder.

40g of carbs is over half my daily allowance as per MY dr's guidelines for me.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Since most people cant stop at one, one isnt the problem (apart from that they taste pretty disgusting to me) its the whole packet

But then again you're talking to someone who blacked out an hour after eating sweet things from a sugar crash then got referred to a dr.

Even if i did like them i wouldnt risk the crash and burn, unless i was perfectly healthy and never suffered from a metabolic disorder.

40g of carbs is over half my daily allowance as per MY dr's guidelines for me.
    lol
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Since most people cannot stop at one...

Er, this lady right here does...*eyerolls*

Some taste nice, some taste naff....just like olives and marmite and all those other things we like to hate...it is personal preference. I used to hate on them because of the particular flavour I tried...now I don't.

*shrug*
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I open the box and keep a sandwich bag in it. So I open a pack, take one out, and the other goes in the baggie for next time. I had never been able to just eat one until recently.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

OH....MY....GOD....
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    LOVE poptarts!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I open the box and keep a sandwich bag in it. So I open a pack, take one out, and the other goes in the baggie for next time. I had never been able to just eat one until recently.

that is actually a really good idea!

I ate a box the other day. Just choc fudge ones though.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You eat whatever you want. Don't listen to those haters.
  • Cobnut
    Cobnut Posts: 10
    Options
    OK I've never eaten a Pop Tart and I have no intention of ever doing so after reading the huge list of ingredients! I try and stay off processed food anyway, and when I see stuff like this designed to be part of a staple diet it brings it home how the powers that be really don't care that much about what crap we eat provided it makes big companies rich and doesn't kill us overnight. Sorry, I just find them a massive turn off. Bet they taste like chemicals too once you're used to eating more healthily and readjusted your tastebuds away from man-made s**t. But, if they are eaten as an occasional treat, why not.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Fvck you and your Pop Tarts, we eat Toaster Strudels in this b*tch!
  • DropBeatsandWeight
    Options
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon (no frosting) Oooops, that's 5 words.

Those sound so good right now, with the frosting though.