While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    3 words: brown sugar cinnamon (no frosting) Oooops, that's 5 words.

Those sound so good right now, with the frosting though.

Right now, tomorrow, Tuesday, anytime. They are ....... perfection.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I open the box and keep a sandwich bag in it. So I open a pack, take one out, and the other goes in the baggie for next time. I had never been able to just eat one until recently.

that is actually a really good idea!

I ate a box the other day. Just choc fudge ones though.

"Just" chocolate fudge? So modest. :smooched:
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are like crack to me-once I start I can't stop (OMGZ frosted brown sugar, red velvet, strawberry...). I have to avoid them completely or I will be craving them 24/7...and I can't stop at just one. This is just me and my poptart wweakness though; if you can eat these things in moderation, more power to you.
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    frosted cherry are the best flavor. that said, they don't fit into my macros, and even if they did, they (and junk food in general) seems to make me lethargic and opens the door to overeat and call the day a cheat day. I would rather eat Belvita, that is my new breakfast "junk food".
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I can't eat just one poptart so I have to give them up. One day I'll be found in an alley, boxes of empty poptarts strewn about, crumbs on my chest, pants down...
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for the Peanut Butter flavor to make an appearance in my local stores!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I can't eat just one poptart so I have to give them up. One day I'll be found in an alley, boxes of empty poptarts strewn about, crumbs on my chest, pants down...

I'll clean you up. No worries. :wink:
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Greatest thing EVER...

tumblr_mgktnzde7v1qmnqweo1_500.jpg

TRUTH!! The Smores ones take me back to childhood. I HAVE to take a nibble off of my kids. It's practically a law. :-P
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options

I'll clean you up. No worries. :wink:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BeckH888
    BeckH888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to love those, too - why did they stop making them!?!?!?!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Red Velvet Pop Tarts? I saw them at the store the other day and I'm wondering if they're worth a damn. How about Confetti Cake? Pumpkin Pie?
    pumpkin pie is good....i havent tried the others but i would rather eat toaster strudles
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts aren't the enemy.

Nutella is the enemy.

O...MG...
    THIS!!!! :love:
  • Monny287
    Monny287 Posts: 109
    Options
    They just don't do anything for me and use up too many cals... I'm hungry after I eat them

Same here. I used to eat them all the time, but I'd end up eating at least two packets and ingesting a lot of unhealthy calories. And I'd STILL be hungry!

Don't get me wrong, I love Pop Tarts...I would never hate on them, but I'd prefer more bang for my caloric-buck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    sorry if this has been posted.

Pop tarts...serious business!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/pop-tart-theft-inspires-n_n_3328113.html
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Why would one spend calories on a pop tart?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Because they're delicious.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Because they're delicious.

QFT
  • knitterly
    knitterly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will admit to having a box on my desk at work. I haven't eaten any, though, since they were banished from my home kitchen because no one liked them. Word to the wise, Rainbow Cookie Sandwich Poptarts really are pretty gross.

I'm not really sure why I keep them there. I'd be better off keeping a dollar in my desk drawer for use in the vending machines in case of emergencies. At least there I could get something slightly better for me, like pretzels or peanuts.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I just found the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pop Tart.....the world is a brighter place.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Poptarts are so expensive in Australia that is generally a deterrent to getting them. I've 6 pack boxes for $8! I also found non-Kellogs brand toaster pastries at the reject shop and felt they tasted better. It was $4 for a 6 pack box. All toaster pastries come in 2, with each pastry being 200 calories, so I have 2 as a meal and one as a snack. It has never interfered with my diet and tbh doesn't leave me feeling too unsatisfied.