While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• lilbrowngirlsj
    lilbrowngirlsj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This post highly amuses me. I have to admit that I love the un-frosted strawberry ones, but those are the only ones I'll eat.
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    Red velvet pop tarts sandwiched around blue bell red velvet cake ice cream.

It's what's for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner.

LMAO
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts? YUK! However = Twinkies...............................mmmmmmmmmm
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts naaaaaw! Toaster Strudels... OMNOMNOMNOM!

poptartVSStrudel_zpsa673fb6d.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    pop tarts are nasty, too dry. I'd much rather have a toaster strudel.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Great job! How long did it take you to lose over 300 pounds? I need to lose 105 more to get to my personal goal.

Been in Maintenance since September 2012 so 312 lbs. lost in 3 years and 3 months........
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This post highly amuses me. I have to admit that I love the un-frosted strawberry ones, but those are the only ones I'll eat.

me too! My kids and husband hate them, they like the smores and brown sugar. Once I saw Amazon had something like 6- 12 packs of strawberry ones for 19.00 and I couldn't resist- there was no way I could eat all those so I sent them out in troop care packages! Hope whoever got them liked strawberry.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I like them
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NO!....seriously It's not even the same thing! Just because it fits in a toaster.

It's so NOT THE SAME THING.

It's like saying, meh, I don't like taco's too dry I'd much rather have a subway sandwich. Just cause stuff fits inside and there's a carbo on the outside, but IT"S NOT THE SAME THING! At all! Not even a little! No way, no how!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Pop-Tart_tattoo.jpg
    poptart-tattoo-on-fingers.jpg
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    I have never been partial to pop tarts. I'm thinking of buying some now and trying them out again.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have Smores, Cookies and Cream, Frosted Strawberry, Chocolate Fudge and choc chip in the pantry - yay for carry on luggage!!
  • WildBillR
    WildBillR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with the topic. No, Pop Tarts aren't the healthiest choice, but there are worse things calorie-wise for breakfast. I love the chocolate ice cream hot fudge ones, and the chocolate fudge and smores ones are good too. I don't fool myself into thinking that the raspberry, blueberry, or cherry ones are better for me, but I like them too. My daughter asked for the Wild Berry ones, and they disappeared before I could try one. As for those who like the unfrosted ones, all I can say is "to each his own" - I have to agree with the sentiment that the unfrosted ones taste kinda like cardboard. About the special ones, I liked the pumpkin ones, but my family didn't, so I won't buy those anymore. I haven't seen lemon meringue - I don't like lemon, but will definitely buy for the family since my wife and daughter like lemon flavored things.

As far as MFP - it's changed how MANY Pop Tarts I eat. Instead of two pastries on a weekend before I joined MFP, now I'll have one and an egg. Instead of having a pop tart or two for a snack during the mid-day, I'll have one of the Special K cereal bars (200/400 vs 90 calories).

I fee bad for the people in the UK who have to pay outrageous prices for these. I get them on sale 8 pastries for $2.00 or 12 for $2.50. I wonder how much it would cost to ship a couple of boxes...?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pop-Tart_tattoo.jpg
    poptart-tattoo-on-fingers.jpg

^ This person wins.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    NO!....seriously It's not even the same thing! Just because it fits in a toaster.

It's so NOT THE SAME THING.

It's like saying, meh, I don't like taco's too dry I'd much rather have a subway sandwich. Just cause stuff fits inside and there's a carbo on the outside, but IT"S NOT THE SAME THING! At all! Not even a little! No way, no how!

Okay, well then I just don't like poptarts because they're too dry hehehe
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Lemon meringue yesterday while grocery shopping, I could not resist! I eat them post workout....best cardboard ever =)

Lemon meringue?! What country do you live in?

I've found the peanut butter, but they're always out of the chocolate peanut butter. Peanut butter Pop Tarts with a scoop of Target's Market Pantry sea salt caramel pretzel ice cream = :heart: .
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's wrong with you people. Haven't you discovered oreos yet? They're far more delicious. I ate a box one day.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's wrong with you people. Haven't you discovered oreos yet? They're far more delicious. I ate a box one day.

They are not allowed in my house. I've learned to control the Pop Tarts, but the Oreos...NO. And I heard they have peanut butter Oreos now, so that doesn't help matters at all!
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I really like the ones that don't have icing on them, but it's really hard to find Pop Tarts here in Ontario, let alone the kind without the icing! :sad:
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options

I skipped oreos and went straight for the gold: girl scout cookies... OM NOM NOM NOM!