While we're at it... STOP hating on Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Lemon meringue yesterday while grocery shopping, I could not resist! I eat them post workout....best cardboard ever =)

These exist?!?

3051083-2091416381-shut-.jpg

Accurate!! :O
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Go team toaster strudel.

Don't you remember the commercials, the poor deprived, mocked child who was force fed nasty dry poptarts while his friend got the delicious, gooey, warm toaster strudel. Truth.

soooo moist and delicious! In other news, I think I'm getting diabetes from reading this thread lol
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Haven't eaten a Pop Tart in almost 5 years. No HFCS and GMO wheat for me, thanks.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    my siblings loved pop-tarts growing up but i was always a toaster's strudel kinda gal. :) strawberry please.

Toaster Strudel always seemed too pretentious and uppity for me. Pop Tarts are how i roll. Did i see Oreo Pop Tarts at the store the other day, or was i hallucinating?

They do have cookies and cream poptarts, which are essentially oreos. :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of Trader Joe's cherry pomegranate toaster pastries because someone highly recommended them, and I just happened to pass them in the store. They are pretty damn good!
  • figomezzo
    figomezzo Posts: 29
    Options
    Omg. I don't think I've had a pop tart in maybe 15 years? Not since HS at least! Now I kinda want one! Thanks! ;)
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys....this made me crave pop-tarts so I had a package this morning. Chocolate chip is the only one for me!!! And damn. a 1/3 of my calories gone from just two measly pastries....whoops.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    I eat Poptarts every day :) Red Velvet and Smores, ftw!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    my siblings loved pop-tarts growing up but i was always a toaster's strudel kinda gal. :) strawberry please.

Toaster Strudel always seemed too pretentious and uppity for me. Pop Tarts are how i roll. Did i see Oreo Pop Tarts at the store the other day, or was i hallucinating?

NO! To me Toaster Strudel is a poor man's Danish. If I want that taste I'll get a proper pastry on a plate with a fork.

POP-TARTS are their own thing. Strange cardboard/pie like crust. Mysterious fruit roll up/fruit puree filling. Oddly thin coat of icing with the flattest sprinkles known to man. A veritable wonderland of twilight zone inspired foods in one delicious quarter inch of yum. Hot hot finger juggling yum.
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    cherry poptarts are delish
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Missed out on Part 1 but definitely in for Part 2...... :drinker: Speaking up Pop Tarts my stash is getting a little low, time to stock up on some Chocolate Peanut butter and Chocolate Fudge... All I have left is Red Velvet and Pumpkin Pie (not that that is a bad thing!!! lol)

Clearly you're lying. You can't lose weight or be healthy while eating pop tarts. Shenanigans I say!

Yep and my Profile Pic's are Photoshopped!! :drinker: Between the 2 of us I can think of 470 reason to validate that if your hitting your caloric intake and macro's then you can lose weight and enjoy a few pop tarts along the way....... :drinker:

WOW!! Just checked out your pics and you are an inspiration!! Good for you! I say keep your stash of pop tarts and enjoy! You have come a long way!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts make my teeth hurt :ohwell:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Red velvet pop tarts sandwiched around blue bell red velvet cake ice cream.

It's what's for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner.

It's Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake, but close enough

1e5d25f4-0dbd-426e-9019-d360b129083f_zps9caf145c.jpg

and now this looks EXTREMELY heavenly!! I love the red velvet cake pop tarts!
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I say, it's nasty too...but that's just my opinion. Someone's gotta be eating it! ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I mean have you ever even heard of a Toaster Strudel Martini? That doesn't even sound right. It doesn't even sound like a real word.

http://popartdiva.com/The Martini Diva/Martini Recipe Pages/Recipe Cards/Wild Berry Pop Tart Martini.jpg
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The only Pop Tarts I like are the brown sugar ones but they are always sold out at my campus snack shop. I haven't had one since high school and that was like 5 years ago.

I only liked the strawberry ones....plain, with no junk on them. I haven't had one since HS either and that was 35 years ago

:sad:

edit: I might just buy n' try to see what all the hubub is about LOL
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Go team toaster strudel.

Don't you remember the commercials, the poor deprived, mocked child who was force fed nasty dry poptarts while his friend got the delicious, gooey, warm toaster strudel. Truth.

soooo moist and delicious! In other news, I think I'm getting diabetes from reading this thread lol

Hmm, how so? I don't see the connection. Sugar? There's not that much and sugar does not cause diabetes, period.
  • magerum
    Options
    Haven't eaten a Pop Tart in almost 5 years. No HFCS and GMO wheat for me, thanks.

Why not if you don't mind explaining? What's wrong with HFCS or GMO wheat?
  • magerum
    Options
    The only Pop Tarts I like are the brown sugar ones but they are always sold out at my campus snack shop. I haven't had one since high school and that was like 5 years ago.

I only liked the strawberry ones....plain, with no junk on them. I haven't had one since HS either and that was 35 years ago

:sad:

edit: I might just buy n' try to see what all the hubub is about LOL

Take a look next time you're at the store, the frosted and unfrosted have identicle nutritional values. Just saying.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Missed out on Part 1 but definitely in for Part 2...... :drinker: Speaking up Pop Tarts my stash is getting a little low, time to stock up on some Chocolate Peanut butter and Chocolate Fudge... All I have left is Red Velvet and Pumpkin Pie (not that that is a bad thing!!! lol)

They have pumpkin pie ones!! I didn't know that. I actually like Pop Tarts...I know, I know...bad bad. Now I am going to go look for some Pumpkin Pie ones :smile: