this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options

Replies

• isabelcristina
    isabelcristina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...had me tearing up.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's truly a beautiful story. That's certainly a moment to remember!
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    beautiful. thank you for sharing
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump

such a lovely post to read
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    This brought tears to my eyes, and then they couldn't help but spring free! What a WONDERFUL experience, and a wonderful motivation for today! Thank you so much for sharing!
  • cahair72
    cahair72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!
  • pcournede
    pcournede Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Inspiring and motivating !
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Wow...I just came back from a doctor's appointment and was feeling a little down....this story made my day. Bottom line...don't ever give up. So motivating...thank you for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that story. What an awesome experience. God sends the right people into our lives when we need.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    WOW! Very Inspirational. Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

Aww.. that's sweet.
  • lindseym18
    Options
    Wow what an awesome story! I tested up a little. That's really moving. Thank you for sharing that :)
  • HOLLEE85
    Options
    WOW what an amazing story.....Call me a baby but I had tears forming in my eyes just reading it. Thanks for sharing.
  • Hauntedhollywood
    Hauntedhollywood Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I loved hearing your story :)
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow...that was a great story. Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • EinTX
    EinTX Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you so much for sharing this.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Incredible
  • jflori
    jflori Posts: 25
    Options
    That's SO beautiful! It's crazy to think of the opportunities we miss out on so often, just because we don't talk to strangers.....
  • JessicaPacheco39
    Options
    Your post just brought tears to my eyes. Now thats what i call motivation. Some times all it takes is words from a stranger:happy:
  • nichelle02
    Options
    That's amazing. It shows that its never too late. 75!

Thank you for sharing this story.