this happened to me at the gym this morning!

Options

Replies

• MikkLuhnRozzWhuh
    MikkLuhnRozzWhuh Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh....I'm speechless.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
    EXTREMELY inspiring. Wish I could have been there.
    You were truly blessed by this man...don't ever forget it.
    But yeah, I know you won't and so do you. <3
  • ckbeen
    ckbeen Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing.
  • michelle0989
    michelle0989 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    wow, i am teary eyed. what an incredible experience. thank you for sharing!
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Such an amazing story!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful moment you will probably remember the rest of your life :smile:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Touching story.. thanks for sharing!!
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing this. I will remember him also.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this amazing story. God be with you on your journey.
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    wow - thank you for sharing this. tear.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.
    WOW, not much else to say except, WOW, amazing how ppl touch our lives exactly when we need them to!:heart:
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Amazing story. I truly felt tears coming to my eyes as I was reading this.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    That's such a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow. Very moving and inspiring. Brought tears to my eyes as well. Very uplifting. :heart:
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That is such an inspiring story! Thank you for sharing.
  • kittpitt
    kittpitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a wonderful story, I have tears. Good luck in your struggle.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more motivating than this: the 75 year old man RUNNING at a 7.5 speed and a 6.0 incline next to me. As we both got off the treadmill at the same time he asked if he could speak with me and pulled out his wallet. We sat down at a table as he showed me a picture of him and his granddaughter 5 years ago, her about my age then, he 767 pounds and her 398. With tears running down his face he showed me another picture of him walking her down the aisle 2 months ago. He is now 215 and she is 150. With more tears he says"I dont even know you but you remind me of my granddaughter, and I couldnt miss walking her down the aisle because I was killing myself slowly and didnt even realize it." I was wearing my cross and fish necklace so he asked if he minded if he prayed woth me. For 10 minutes we sat holding hands in the gym praying for the life I have ahead of me. As we were both wiping tears from our face, he told me to just keep going and when i dont want to, to remember him.This is a man I will NEVER forget.

God has a way of giving us what we need when we least expect it. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to hear your testimony!!!

So true! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.:heart:
  • JennaL890
    Options
    Incredible story. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    Had me tearing up. Thanks for sharing. Bump for inspiration when I feel like giving up :-)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Nice little piece of glurge. This can help some people.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This is beautiful. I want to befriend this old man :) thank you for sharing!