Secretly Wishing Your Ex Gets Fat/ter

Options

Replies

• HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    Honestly I think that is an awful way to think. Why bother with negativity?

Work on YOU. Eff the rest.

What she said ... Bunny boiler may be?
  • Kaathmandu
    Options
    I reckon, although it is unsaintly, it is human to take secret, guilty pleasure when karma kicks someone who did you wrong.
    Chill people! We know it is not saintly, that's why it's secret and guilty!
    You're not being rude to him openly, like he was to you.
    Now, if you were secretly sugaring his vegetables or putting heavy coke in his diet coke bottles ... :laugh:
  • Zazzymo
    Options
    I have to disagree T .... many people become overweight nowadays because their environment encourages them to be inactive and they are unaware of the calorie density of the food they consume. Weight creeps on over time and with education and a few lifestyle changes the problem can be reversed. People also experience changes in eating habits and hormones from stress and/or depression. It is often not 'Gluttony' that is the problem.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and he did. But so did I, so it's the whole three fingers point back at you rule I think. Stop thinking of anyone but yourself. Go burn his pics at the beach flush a letter to him down the toilet or whatever just get him out of your system and the hate or whatever it is and focus on yourself.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree T .... many people become overweight nowadays because their environment encourages them to be inactive and they are unaware of the calorie density of the food they consume. Weight creeps on over time and with education and a few lifestyle changes the problem can be reversed. People also experience changes in eating habits and hormones from stress and/or depression. It is often not 'Gluttony' that is the problem.
    Gluttony or disease. Both are evils. If you give laziness the credit, that is simple. It is a vice, and thus an evil. Just like pain is an evil, bronchitis is an evil etc.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I guess I've been lucky. I've only been in 2 romantic relationships. The first one ended peacefully and I'm happily married to the second one, and have only ever been treated well by both, so I can honestly say that I wish my ex well. However, I'm the type that once I'm done, I'm moving on, so I don't have any idea what ever happened to him. It's not a concern of mine. I supposed if he'd been an A-hole I would maybe hold some ill will and think nasty thoughts...That's pretty natural, but it's not really healthy, either. Bitterness will eat you up. Don't let some old has-been control your feelings. :flowerforyou:
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I wonder why, if you consider your weight a problem, you would wish that on your ex? Is it that you you weren't appreciated because of your weight or is it your wish to be more desireable while your ex becomes less desireable?

That's a weird wish. I've never wished it and I've never been overweight. I've dated both thin and thick women and I've never subconsciously wished them to be physically less desireable when the relationship ended. I have wished, on the occasions that the lady left me, that she were lonely or something of that nature. Most times if I end a relationship I pray that my ex meets someone more desireable or to their liking. I don't know, maybe that's just me?
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My ex actually gained a lot of weight and nw he's on blood pressure medication (he's in his early 30's now) it breaks my heart.
    Despite a horrible break up, I want him to live a healthy and long life.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I guess since I've been fat and know how it feels, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. :/
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I wish my ex-boyfriends and ex-husbands well.
  • IsabellaC45
    IsabellaC45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YES! So badly. Last time I saw him he commented on how good I was looking, and asked if I'd lost weight.

In my dreams, I'm a swimwear model, and people ask how he ever got a girl like me.

A bit shallow I know, but I don't care. He was a knob!!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    Honestly I think that is an awful way to think. Why bother with negativity?

Work on YOU. Eff the rest.

/thread.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I tend to think that if you care at all whether or not your ex is overweight, you're still not completely over him/her.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    funny.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    I used her as motivation to look how I do now, I'd hit the treadmill and just think of all the things she did to do me wrong. I wanted nothing to do with women I just wanted to work out and hit that treadmill and just look like something she could never get in her life and every ****ing chance I get i rub it in her face. I was bitter, still am, but I turned my bitterness into the lifestyle I wanted for myself so in a way her cheating on me and treating me like a piece of **** motivated me in ways I couldn't do myself and I couldn't have asked for anything more.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    no, not at all. I could honestly care less what he does.
  • ZombieBubbles
    ZombieBubbles Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do the same. In fact I saw my most recent ex an he's gained a lot if weight. Can't say I didnt get sick enjoyment out of it.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well I gotta say overweight=/=unhealthy, just like skinny=/=healthy.

But now that that's out of the way seriously, thats pretty normal I think. Moreso if it was a relationship turned sour vs a mutual parting of ways for some reason.
    Hell, I gotta admit...Its not even ex-specific! I had an old coworker who promised me she'd help to put me out of my misery if I ever gained more weight.
    Needless to say I find the fact that she's since gained 20-30 pounds whereas I've been losing is absolutely hilarious, based on that comment alone, and will be delightfully smug if I ever see her when I get to my goal weight.

Actually overweight does = unhealthy, it's just an excuse fat people give to remail fat by saying "i'm overweight but am perfectly healthy". No, you aren't.

disclaimer: The use of the word "you" in my post does not mean you, just anyone in general.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I do not wish for them to become fat or fatter either, ex's become great FWB's, why would you want them to be fat?
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    What a load of saintly people there is on here. Never thinking a bad thought about an ex, only ever wishing them well. In the land of bunnies, candy floss, rainbows and special snowflakes everything must be perfect.

OP there's nothing wrong with you, if your ex was a **** who said nasty things to you you think what you want. Your not weird or horrible, just human x