marriage or friendship?

Options
needernt
needernt Posts: 675 Member
I will be 28 years old by next month and single.
I am still doubtfull whether marriage is good? or it isbetter to have dates?
What is your opinion?

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    there's no rule on when or if to get married. have fun. if you find your person, then commit - maybe marriage, maybe just agreeing that you're it for each other, whatever works for you -, if you don't find your person, keep having fun.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want. My husband was 30 and single when we met and almost 32 when we got married. Before that, he wasn't really ready to settle down, I don't think.

I was the opposite and got married the first time at 18, divorced 4 years later, met my current husband when I was 23 and married him when I was 25. I didn't really enjoy the dating scene all that much. I'm more of a one person woman.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    At 28 I'd say don't worry about it.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Look within. Not on a fitness website for the answer to this.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has to be that black or white... If you're enjoying your dating life now then keep at it. If you happen to meet that special someone that you know you can't live without then you settle down (whether that means marriage or some other form of long term commitment). Just don't feel like you HAVE to marry someone because that's what other people are telling you. That's not fair to you, or the other person. When the time is right for you, if it ever is, you'll know it.
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I got married when I was 18 and my husband was 20. We are still married, amost 23 years later. If I had it to do all over again, I would wait a long time before I got married. I would still marry my husband, but I would wait. Have fun! Enjoy life! Don't sweat marriage.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    there's no rule on when or if to get married. have fun. if you find your person, then commit - maybe marriage, maybe just agreeing that you're it for each other, whatever works for you -, if you don't find your person, keep having fun.

What maab said.
    I personally think no one should get married before the age of 30. So much about you changes between your 20s and 30s.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Don't get married. Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    28! Get out there and have fun!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I didn't get married till I was 31.. I lived my life, did what I wanted to do ( even though I got arrested once or twice) and only settled down when I was ready...

Live life and do what you want to do..you'll know when the right woman comes along.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Its better to have pants
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Don't get married. Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house.

Pretty much this.
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here's my 2 cents...over time I went from the traditional get married to what I think today. If you don't want kids, or don't want kids now, stay single. Doesn't mean you can't have a steady or longer term relationship, but I personally think marriage is, primarily, for those people whom want to have children. Once you decide to get married and have children, stay married and work on it. I think that once you make the decision to have children, you need to be responsible for those decisions, and aware of what the history means to them. However, it takes two and sometimes the best intentions fall through the floor if other person thinks differently, and more about themselves, or a lifestyle situation exists where it is best for spouse and children to move on. There might be situations where someone actually thinks they met their "soul mate", however, I think, in the end, time and life changes can eventually affect even those types of relationships.

Listen to your "gut"...if it says no or is hesitant...don't ! I truly think you will be far more right, for you, than wrong.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want. My husband was 30 and single when we met and almost 32 when we got married. Before that, he wasn't really ready to settle down, I don't think.

I was the opposite and got married the first time at 18, divorced 4 years later, met my current husband when I was 23 and married him when I was 25. I didn't really enjoy the dating scene all that much. I'm more of a one person woman.

Wow...this is almost exactly me....except for the first marriage. My husband and I met when he was 30 and I was 22. He had had lots of girlfriends but had pretty much resigned himself to the bachelor life. And then he met me! :) I had never been in a serious relationship. Pretty much I knew that I wanted to find someone to spend the rest of my life with and didn't mess with casual dating. We got married when he was 33 and I was 25.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Do both, just don't let your wife catch you dating.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Look within. Not on a fitness website for the answer to this.

This...plus, there are no specific ages that make it worth it or not...find who is right for you...you will know..

My coworker just got married this September for the first time...she's 53 and she's absolutely in love..she's also has a lot of friggan hysterical stories of her life. Age doesn't matter as much as finding the right person.
  • needernt
    Options
    Thanks for all your beautiful comments.
    I will be 29 next moth. by mistake I mentioned 28.

Many of you guys recommend me to have fun instead of worrying about marriage. but does having fun and marriage opose each other?

Besides, I am thinking after the age 30 people gradually lose their fresh, healthy appearance. Isn't it a matter of concern? I might not have he same opportunities.

Some people around me push me to go ahead. It will get late!!!
    I always had the fear to lose the quality of life I have know after being married

I don't really know what to do.
  • needernt
    Options
    Do you mean I am still young to marry?
    What is an ideal age?
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Get married... or don't. Do you need a partner in life to be happy? Will you be satisfied with your life if it doesn't have another person involved? Do you feel the need to have that one piece of paper committing you to the same person for the rest of your life? (Or until divorce obv).

Meh, if you want to... you will. If you don't, I think we as a species are more than capable of living full lives without a spouse.

(This being said I've been married 9 yrs and it's been a hell of a lot of work. So be prepared for it)
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I will be 28 years old by next month and single.
    I am still doubtfull whether marriage is good? or it isbetter to have dates?
    What is your opinion?

Dude, if you aren't sure...don't do it.

Same goes for kids