odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Its better to have pants

<
    Big fan of pants.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    If you are not ready to be married, or don't think marriage is a good idea, then you are 100% correct. Aside from that, marriage works or doesn't, as a choice by those in it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Do you mean I am still young to marry?
    What is an ideal age?

You are from Iran... Do you celebrate arranged marriages? Is this where the question is driven from? (serious question...)
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you're not ready. I mean that with all sincerity. I married my high school sweetheart at 21, we are coming up on 13 years of marriage, with 3 kids. It's not all rainbows and unicorns, but he is my best friend. Do I wish I had enjoyed my 20's before jumping into marriage and kids? Absolutely! But I wouldn't trade them for anything.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    are you in a relationship that you love and feel you can't go one more day without or want to spend the rest of your life with? IF so, then marriage is fine. If not, then don't do it.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree, not a black and white situation. I never thought marriage was for me until my fiance and i started dating. Sometime it takes the right person, some people prefer to just be commited in their own way, do what works for you. and you are only 28, its cool, you have time to figure it out
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Besides, I am thinking after the age 30 people gradually lose their fresh, healthy appearance. Isn't it a matter of concern? I might not have he same opportunities.

Wrong...take care of your body and you'll be fine. Plus, best time of your sex life starts in your 30's. Woowoo!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My fiance was 38 when we met and always said he would NEVER get married... needless to say he changed his mind. To each their own, if you enjoy being single then that's what's best for you. Or, you may find someone at some point down the road that changes that.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought I would never meet anyone that I could picture myself marrying....after dating a lot in high school and college you realize what you really find attractive in someone and what you don't... I'm almost 27 and I found Josh (my boyfriend) when I was 25. He's shown me such unconditional love thru a lot of hard times (illness, surgery, my mom's death 6 months ago, etc)... He's my best friend and now I can't picture my life without him... We make each other laugh uncontrollably sometimes, we go to the gym together, but most importantly we talk about everything...Finding someone who you can be good friends with is important! I think it just takes time and you getting out there to meet new people and just have fun! Don't set a timeline because you will only frustrate yourself. Good luck to you!
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    most of you guys both ladies and gentle men , are talking about enjoyment and having fun in 20s rather than marriage..
    What kind of enjoyment? I mean what will I lose after marriage that I have now? (an important question..)

What about having kids? Do you think having a generation after you isn't a necessity ? and besides there is a pick age for having kids and bringin them up. what about that?

I still thinking people by aging will lose their youth .so at the age of 38 it will be difficult to find a young attractive woman an fall in love with.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    friendship/dates. until you're ready to have kids then get married.
  • needernt
    Options
    somehow
  • needernt
    Options
    what if the marriage brings you with wealth , opportunities , etc?
    would you do that?
  • needernt
    Options
    bump
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Have you heard that they found a food that makes women not want to have sex.....

Wedding cake...
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Its better to have pants

^^....NO

you ....have fun!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I didn't marry till I was 35. Had lots of fun before then. And am still having fun with my DW now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    If you don't want kids, or don't want kids now, stay single. Doesn't mean you can't have a steady or longer term relationship, but I personally think marriage is, primarily, for those people whom want to have children. Once you decide to get married and have children,

I cannot disagree more.

Marriage isn't about having kids. Society pressures us to think that is the only right option, but there are plenty of options and the one for you is the right one.

My husband and I married at 22/23 and are still wonderfully in love 13 years later. It's work, we've had fights, we've wondered if we were meant to be, but ultimately, we want to be together. We do not want to be parents, but that doesn't lessen our marriage; that's our choice and that's what is right for us. Marriage, for us, is about committing to each other. About saying you are my person and I want to be with you always.

Figure out the right answer for you and realize that when you find your person, your version of right might change as you two make decisions together. Either way, there should not be a need to rush or any kind of pressure.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I personally think no one should get married before the age of 30. So much about you changes between your 20s and 30s.

Everyone is not you.

I got married in my 20's because I saw kids my future and didn't want to be raising them when I was 60!