marriage or friendship?

Options

Replies

• julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I think when you meet the right person, you'll know what's best. As clique as that sounds.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Christ, people actually worry about this ****?
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Pants and Trimmers

:drinker:
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I will be 28 years old by next month and single.
    I am still doubtfull whether marriage is good? or it isbetter to have dates?
    What is your opinion?
    you're only 28, stay single for another 10 years, by then you'll be tired of playing the dating game. :wink:
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Marriage is a beautiful thing, but if you're not ready for that type of committment then dont risk it!! Date, have fun and meet as many beautiful people that walk into your life!! Until that person presents themselves, enjoy the single life and live as crazy as you can!! :)
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be single at 28 than divorced and single...
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    When you find the right person the answer will be obvious.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and technically single because I am not married. Though I have been in a wonderful relationship with a great man for eight years and we have a baby girl together and a house and cars and nope not married. Maybe we will get married but will that make us any more in Love?

I think finding the right person is more important then marriage. But if you feel marriage is necessary many people Rent settling down until their 30s maybe even 40s don't rush life, let it happen.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your beautiful comments.
    I will be 29 next moth. by mistake I mentioned 28.

Many of you guys recommend me to have fun instead of worrying about marriage. but does having fun and marriage opose each other?

Besides, I am thinking after the age 30 people gradually lose their fresh, healthy appearance. Isn't it a matter of concern? I might not have he same opportunities.

Some people around me push me to go ahead. It will get late!!!
    I always had the fear to lose the quality of life I have know after being married

I don't really know what to do.

I have more fun since I met my husband than what I used to...
    it is nice to have someone that you can be completely yourself.... talk about anything in this world and he will not judge you... someone who makes you laugh... someone that even though you wanna kill and hate, you love that person to death.....

I would say meet the right person and don't let her go....
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am 24 and single....currently i don't have time for any kind of relationship or friendship since most of the time i am busy with work....

But i would love to settle down one day if i find a nice person...
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I still thinking people by aging will lose their youth .so at the age of 38 it will be difficult to find a young attractive woman an fall in love with.

um ok.....

#1 - Many younger women like older men
    #2 - When you are 38 why would you be looking for a "young attractive woman"? why not a middle-aged attractive woman?
    #3 - Expect to find something similar to what you can offer.....

Because generally by getting older you will seek for perfection. and you want your spouse to be as perfect as possible
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That's right just live with your parents forever my kids told me it was cheaper that way!, If you are asking then you have not found the right person yet, keep doing what you are doing.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    I still thinking people by aging will lose their youth .so at the age of 38 it will be difficult to find a young attractive woman an fall in love with.

um ok.....

#2 - When you are 38 why would you be looking for a "young attractive woman"? why not a middle-aged attractive woman?

Because generally by getting older you will seek for perfection. and you want your spouse to be as perfect as possible

There is no "perfect spouse" .....
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

um ok.....

Nah, actually what happens is you divest yourself of silly wish lists, and shoot for compatibility instead. What is true is (if you've had enough experiences --> a knowledge base) you don't so much feel like wasting time on people who bring the sad/mad into your life & can spot them faster.

I think marriage can be a good thing, if things line up.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I think marriage is a fine institution, as is Broadmoor :laugh:

Seriously though single, married, co-habitating, civil partnership. Whatever floats your boat it's all down to the individual.
  • needernt
    Options

um ok.....

There is no "perfect spouse" .....
    Agreed but people's expectation go higher as they age because of increase in their experience , knowledge etc. They become more fussier compare to their youth
  • needernt
    Options
    I'm 27 next month and I've been with my boyfriend since I was 21.
    We are not married, but we do have a child together.

At this point, I'd like to be one of the other. I feel like I am in limbo.

If you're 28 and single with no kids, then enjoy.

Date as may people so you find the right one.
    would you have felt any difference If you had been married?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Run the other way.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Get married... or don't. Do you need a partner in life to be happy? Will you be satisfied with your life if it doesn't have another person involved? Do you feel the need to have that one piece of paper committing you to the same person for the rest of your life? (Or until divorce obv).

Meh, if you want to... you will. If you don't, I think we as a species are more than capable of living full lives without a spouse.

perfection.

/thread