marriage or friendship?

Options

Replies

• foodie99
    foodie99 Posts: 92
    Options
    most of you guys both ladies and gentle men , are talking about enjoyment and having fun in 20s rather than marriage..
    What kind of enjoyment? I mean what will I lose after marriage that I have now? (an important question..)

What about having kids? Do you think having a generation after you isn't a necessity ? and besides there is a pick age for having kids and bringin them up. what about that?

It's a different kind of fun as a single person than as a married person, but you absolutely should still have fun with your partner. If you don't, then why are you together?

No, you don't have to have children.

Don't let society make decisions for you.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you're not sure, you have the rest of your life to decide if you want to get married. Take your time, marry when you're absolutely sure you want to. Or don't bother marrying at all. That's ok, too.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Its better to have pants

:laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. Some people don't like commitment.....Like sleeping with different people and don't really want kids.....For them I think it's better to be single.

Some people want to have a family. want to have a spouse that is their partner.....their best friend.....with them through thick and thin. Have children that they can raise and watch them grow. Teach them to be good people. These people should marry.
  • Carolannb1986
    Options
    I will be 28 years old by next month and single.
    I am still doubtfull whether marriage is good? or it isbetter to have dates?
    What is your opinion?

Sounds soppy but when you find that one person, you won't doubt marriage you will just want to get married :smile:

And that's coming from a 26 yr female who didn't want marriage or children, I now have 2 children and Im 3 month's away from marrying my best friend :heart:
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    I still thinking people by aging will lose their youth .so at the age of 38 it will be difficult to find a young attractive woman an fall in love with.

um ok.....

#1 - Many younger women like older men
    #2 - When you are 38 why would you be looking for a "young attractive woman"? why not a middle-aged attractive woman?
    #3 - Expect to find something similar to what you can offer.....
  • Carolannb1986
    Options

#2 - When you are 38 why would you be looking for a "young attractive woman"? why not a middle-aged attractive woman?

This made me chuckle, Im marrying my 38 year old partner im 26 yup im a sucker for older men LOL
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    When you go on dates, please wear pants. If you wish to marry, please wear nice pants while dating. Women prefer pants. Or in second place, board shorts.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Your posts lead me to believe your main reason for considering marriage sooner rather than later, is that you won't have beautiful, young, and healthy women to pick from later in life.

While those things are nice, they shouldn't be the primary reason to get married.

Sounds like you should wait a while.......

And yes, wear pants.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Look within. Not on a fitness website for the answer to this.

This.
    The End.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I still thinking people by aging will lose their youth .so at the age of 38 it will be difficult to find a young attractive woman an fall in love with.

um ok.....

But what if he has a ton of $$$? Or better yet, if he has a ton of $$$ AND Tiger Blood? The sky is the limit then!! Pants or no pants hed be totally winning.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

um ok.....

But what if he has a ton of $$$? Or better yet, if he has a ton of $$$ AND Tiger Blood? The sky is the limit then!! Pants or no pants hed be totally winning.

I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's a trap!!! Don't do it!!!

that is what I say all the time!! Just went through a divorce after being married for 13yrs....Make sure it is what you want, it effects everyone, more so if you have kids! Friends with benefits are the best way to go, but that is just my opinion!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Bill and I didn't find each other until we were 54. First marriage, engagement, etc. for either of us. He had dated some. I had kissed a whole assortment of toads over the course of 42 years of dating. But we knew, the day we met, we'd finally found each other.

So, marriage or friendship? If you need to ask the question, stick to friendship because marriage is for when you KNOW and is a heck of a lot easier to get out of should the need arise.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    I'm 27 next month and I've been with my boyfriend since I was 21.
    We are not married, but we do have a child together.

At this point, I'd like to be one of the other. I feel like I am in limbo.

If you're 28 and single with no kids, then enjoy.

Date as may people so you find the right one.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Look within. Not on a fitness website for the answer to this.

This. Applies to most things.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Do you mean I am still young to marry?
    What is an ideal age?

You are from Iran... Do you celebrate arranged marriages? Is this where the question is driven from? (serious question...)

I was going to suggest / ask something similar. I have a friend who was feeling pressure to marry before his 30th. Didn't matter who he married. It just had to be before he hit 30. This is a really odd concept for people who only come from cultures where only "love marriage exists" but it would explain your question a bit better.

I guess the age at which you get married depends partly on if it's a "love marriage" versus an arranged one, and what your intentions of marrying are - Is your family putting pressure on you to have kids? Are you being pressured to get married before a relative dies? Do you feel compelled to have kids? Does being married matter more than who you're married to?
  • Igotdisbish
    Options
    Pants and Trimmers
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Pants and Trimmers

damnitt you beat me to it... ill add this

8og7t1EW6O1-_-miller-lite-speedo-mercial-hd2.jpg
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options

Besides, I am thinking after the age 30 people gradually lose their fresh, healthy appearance. Isn't it a matter of concern? I might not have he same opportunities.

Excuse me?