What food's calories have you been shocked by?

Options

Replies

• m00glem0g
    m00glem0g Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nuts. And kalamata olives, DAMN!
  • dallas4u
    Options
    The Sabra hummus and pretzel cup combo. They are sold together as a pack. What I didn't realize is that the hummus has its own calorie label. Then, the pretzel cup has its own label. It is really subtle - so I always thought that snack cup was about 280 calories total. NO - it is about 450.

sabra-hummus-to-go-pretzel-719642.jpg

And why must peanut butter have so many calories. I love my crunchy adams. No longer keep pb in the house.
  • hboudro
    hboudro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Before I was dieting, it was eggnog.
    Now... its anything over 100 calories -_-
    No, but seriously, probably any salad dressing. and CORN.
    and Margaritas :(
  • hboudro
    hboudro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, and Nutella. Not fair, I tell you.
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Strawberries! I just entered 1 c fresh strawberries and it is 200 calories!

You might want to look that up again--the database tells me that 1 cup of sliced strawberries is 53 calories. This is good because I eat strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries every day.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    The PB&J at my dorm's grab-n-go place is 700 calories :O How does that even happen???
  • RSD73
    RSD73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cereal. I used to eat a good sized bowl every morning. Sadly, not anymore.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I remember back when I made my initial weight loss attempts I was in college and eating a lot of Taco Bell. The volcano burrito was my favorite... until I found out if was 800 calories. Considering it's size and the calories for other burritos of similar size and contents... I was sort of horrified.
  • dallas4u
    Options
    I remember back when I made my initial weight loss attempts I was in college and eating a lot of Taco Bell. The volcano burrito was my favorite... until I found out if was 800 calories. Considering it's size and the calories for other burritos of similar size and contents... I was sort of horrified.

I snacked on a side of Taco Bell chips last week. You know the side order ones without the nacho cheese or anything...just about 15 chips in that little bag?

250 CALORIES!!!!! For that tiny little bag of chips.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Popcorn at the movie theater...Very sad about this!

I wasn't surprised by it, but very sad indeed!!
  • MMMMMMMary
    Options
    The chocolate mousse I had for breakfast the day after I started Fitness Pal. I logged it in as best I could and it was 700 calories. So what, no dinner? no lunch? Arghhhh. It was a Sunday and I made time for a 2-hour hike and believe it or not, that was the last and ONLY day so far I've ended within my calorie limit!
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The calories in what I *thought* was a serving of pasta...bread, skin (like on meat), granola, nuts, jelly, some non-light yogurts, bananas, corn, beans, smoothies, and most recently - OLIVES. They're crazy!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    The Grands biscuits.... 170 calories per biscuit and 1180 mg of sodium for two biscuits... WTF!
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    pasta and rice. insanity.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Boneless wings. I knew they weren't healthy, but holy cow. I work at a chain restaurant and sometimes there's a basket in the back that we share. I looked it up and EACH wing is 70+ calories, a basket is around 800. Yikes. But they are so delicious...

Or basically anything at that restaurant. Had another dish, looked it up, 1160 calories. Whoops. I really need to start looking things up BEFORE I eat them D:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    A Krispy Kreme donut only has 190 calories?! Thank goodness I am not around them more often!
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    A girl I know from school thought that fruit, vegetables and nuts were calorie free. I told her otherwise after she had eaten a whole bag of pistachios worth 700cals!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Nuts and Avocados.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Definitely nuts. I could easily sit and graze through a full bag of Brazil nuts.
  • missmeg1213
    Options
    peanut butter :( nuts and cheese!