Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Elbow
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    R.E.M. With Opening acts Wilco and The Dandy Warhols @ Thunderbird Stadium in Vancouver
    Thom Yorke (from Radiohead) also joined them onstage for the encore.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Avett Brothers are amazing live!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I was 9 years old my uncle took me to my very first concert......it was Joe Cocker and Stevie Ray Vaughn, three weeks before he died. THAT was a phenomenal show. Or maybe it was just ok and my 9 year old brain thought it was phenomenal lol.

But for me personally? Without a doubt Sixpence None the Richer from the 2nd row.

When I was 14 I was able to see Pink Floyd during their Division Bell tour. AH-mazing.

Other great ones I've seen are Metallica, the Violent Femmes and Garbage.
  • smboston
    Options
    My best concert was Sublime with Rome with all my high school friends...Just Epic!

Honorable mentions:

Rolling Stones
    System Of A Down
    Dropkick Murphy's
    Bruce Springsteen
    Planet Smashers
    Reel Big Fish
    Gaslight Anthem

So much more lol

I just saw Reel Big Fish last weekend! Great show!
  • vyloran
    vyloran Posts: 11
    Options
    BEST was Elton John and Billy Joel.
    Most fun was Barenaked Ladies.
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    When I was a teen I got to see all of these at once and it was awesome...

Ratt
    Poison
    Whitesnake
    Motley Crue......
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Pantera was probably my fav. I was only 15 and the entire day at Ozzfest felt like woodstock or something...people sitting all over the lawn, playing in the water hose, just friendly awesome rockers.

After that just too many good shows: Avenged is still at the top of my list, Hellyeah was really good, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie show was killer, Umm....FFDP was an event to remember.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    John Mayer in San Jose.

I saw him at the Hollywood Bowl, I saw him again in Mountain View, both outdoor venues. But seeing him indoors in San Jose.....:love::heart: :blushing: :smokin:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Most Memorable: Pink Floyd

Just Plain Fun: Billy Joel/Elton John
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    However, I also saw Kenny Wayne Shepherd play along with BB King at the Fox in Riverside, which is a delightful small venue.

Kenny Wayne was AH_MAZING and BB King.......legendary. He only played for a total of about 20 minutes, but for goodness sakes, he was 84 at the time!
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Flaming Lips.

Seen them twice. They always know how to put on a show.

First time I saw them they covered Dark Side of the Moon and it was brilliant. MONEY EVERYWHERE! And you know it's a good show when all the members walk out of a giant vagina to start the show.

Second time I was not in the best mindset...er...so it's a little fuzzy. But I remember a giant smile plastered on my face the entire time.
  • dconaghan
    dconaghan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Country Thunder - Twin Lakes WI - been going over 10 years & only 1 or 2 bad shows, ususally by Montgomery Gentry. Best I would say was Neil Mcoy, Brad Paisely, Alan Jackson (saw him in concert not Country Tunder), the original American Idol winners before there was an American Idol - Sawyer Brown and Martina McBride. List could go on but I'll stop there.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    TKK Sexplosion! tour, without a doubt. They almost didn't get into the country thanks to some white flash powder on their tour bus and moronic customs guards, so they didn't hit the stage until after midnight. I don't know how long that show usually is, but they played a hugely long show, and it was fantastic.

Runner up would be Dead Can Dance. Quite a different experience.

Third place goes to Daisy Chainsaw.
  • mb1127
    mb1127 Posts: 36
    Options
    saw the remaining Doors members- what a great memory with my dad. Also bamboozle, a 3 day concert on the beach. laid in the sand and watched the foo fighters, bon jovi, and even Andrew Dice Clay whom I LOVE if that counts.
  • mwitthaus
    mwitthaus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Who 1971
    Paul Simon 1986 (Graceland tour opening night)
    Walden Woods Benefit with Don Henley (Eagles reunion w/o Joe Walsh), Bob Seger, Bonnie Raitt, Jimmy Buffett
    Genesis 1975 (Lamb Lies Down on Broadway)
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Garth Brooks - I was 14... A M A Z I N G!
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith!!
    And Kid Rock does an EXCELLENT show!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    The Police. My husband and I listened to them when we were kids and then they broke up. But they got back together and went on tour. BEST CONCERT EVER.
  • dmeyers1969
    dmeyers1969 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Rush - Oct 2012 - fantastic show!!