BEST concert you've seen!

Options

Replies

• athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Does TransSiberian Orchestra count? I can't get enough of their stuff :P

That is so funny. I was about to say that I loved the Wichita Orchestra. I went this past Wednesday and loved it. First one I have ever seen. Beautiful music.
  • Ender126
    Options
    Shinedown, Crossfade, and Chevelle at the House of Blues in Orlando.... AMAZING!!!!
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mumford & Sons...hands down....it was amazing.

But I am seeing Maroon 5 in March....so that may change. But I doubt it. Mumford & Sons was just.....amazing. I can't think of any other way to describe it :)
  • Shanellz
    Options
    Janet Jackson!!
  • rambo831
    Options
    U2
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I may lose some friends over this but hands down Nickelback.
  • underminer66
    underminer66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've always said it would be Van Halen, but I saw U2 at Spartan Stadium in East Lansing and the were absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see them again
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I expect my answer will be unusual.

Canadian folk singer, Valdy.

He played at a boat club and the audience was very small. It was at twilight and the sunset over the water was glorious. We lounged back in our chairs, with our drinks, and he was off mic with us singing along with everything we did.

Did go to a killer Van Halen concert in my teens, though.
  • itsmeterrih
    itsmeterrih Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Gotta be Bon Jovi! Have seen them several times, and it's always the best! He puts on quite a show! And, soo purty!
    mmmm..... Bon Jovi...mmmmmm.
  • dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    RUSH

Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talking about. Last time I saw them on tour was for Presto, though. Amazing longevity.

I can't say it was my best concert, though. That's a tough one to nail down. It's somewhere in here:

Lollapalooza 90-something, with Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ministry (!!), with Red Hot Chili Peppers headlining.
    Peter Gabriel, UP tour
    Pearl Jam, Drop in the Park...legendary.
    Moody Blues the Gorge or Chateau St. Michelle
    Pink Martini at the Chateau St. Michelle or the Arlene Schnitzer Hall in Portland
    Alanis Morrisette at the Puyallup Fair, Under Rug Swept tour or Seattle's Moore Theatre on her most recent tour
    Alice in Chains at Lollapalooza 90-something, the Gorge
    Peter Murphy at El Corazon, Seattle
    Everything but the Girl on the Seattle waterfront
    The Church at the the Triple Door, Seattle
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Radiohead - hail to the thief tour
    It was Thom's B-Day so he was in a really goog mood which made it even better

MuteMath - small venue = high energy.
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    And Kid Rock does an EXCELLENT show!

Say what you want about Kid Rock... guy does indeed put on a great show. lol

First Kid Rock concert I went to as a teenager there were strippers in cages and Lynyrd Skynyrd opened. Talk about a good time! haha It was in Detroit too so extra fun.
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Simon & Garfunkel. Saw them in '03 in Atlanta. I absolutely love them and my (now-ex) husband surprised me with tickets for Christmas. We were in the very VERY top row of the Philips Arena, but it was amazing. I boo-hoo'ed through most of it. :)
  • 33April
    Options
    Def Leppard! The best band ever!
    Have seen them several times but the last time was three years ago for my 40th birthday. They were in Charlotte, NC with Cheap Trick and Poison. My sister and I had a blast. It will be hard to top!
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hard to choose - Rush and Dream Theater both put on awesome shows - they are so musically talented. Also Alice Cooper is an awesome showman. Many memorable ones - but probably Dream Theater doing all of Scenes from a Memory would rank #1.

On a side note to the OP - Iron Maiden is the worst concert I've been to - but not really their fault. It was at an outdoor venue - August in MI, but the temps got down in the 40's. This was in the early '90's, so Maiden had a ton of music to play, but made a setlist that barely hit an hour of music. Very disappointing - but it was too damn cold for them. I forget the opening act, maybe Corrosion of Conformity? but they played longer than Maiden did.
  • Sindaelys
    Sindaelys Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The best... That's a toughie! Bruce Springsteen when he was doing the Seger Sessions tour was amazing. The amount of energy he has totally boggles my lazy self.:laugh:

Overall, my favorite concerts have been when the Irish group Lunasa has played my town's concerts in the park series... It's free, you can get right up close, and they are TREMENDOUS musicians.

Other important ones for me were Social Distortion (was right up front, getting my knees crushed to all oblivion) and Live/Collective Soul, because I went by myself and had a GREAT time.
  • whitesox56
    Options
    1. Paul McCartney - Wrigley Field 2011
    2. Roger Waters - Wrigley Field 2012
    3. Metallica - Rosemont IL 1991
    4. Iron Maiden - Chicago 1999
    5. U2 - Staples Center Los Angeles - 2001 (only time I've seen them where they've played Bad, my fave song!)
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I can probably narrow it down to four, among MANY:

U2 - Joshua Tree Tour, RFK Stadium (September 1987)
    Pink Floyd - Division Bell Tour, RFK Stadium (May 1988)
    GN'R/Metallica/Faith No More - RFK Stadium (July 1992)
    Pearl Jam - Versus Tour, Patriot Center (April 1994)
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    @ toyotagirl3:

OMG! I love Nickelback! "Lullaby", "Gotta Be Somebody", "Saving Me", & "Far Away" are my favorites!

Im obsessed! Seen them 3 times, and every time was amazing!! Far Away is my favorite song of all time, but I love all of them!!!!
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    TOOL is my favorite so far...also loved Rage Against the Machine and White Zombie