I'm at a loss and need some help, please!

Options
What should I eat on my birthday, guys?

As a kid, it was always lasagna. I suggested it, and my wife said, "Really? Are you sure?" I don't know what she meant by that.

I like pizza too.

I'm really craving Indian or Mediterranean (Greek/Persian) food, but my family doesn't like it.

Replies

• PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    REDACTED, as the forums are devoid of any sense of humor.
  • blueyezfem
    blueyezfem Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There is some great recipes on here for cauliflower base pizza ( I know it sounds gross but it's not) or you can still have your lasagna, but instead of using noodles use blanched leek ( cut length ways) instead to make your layers. :smile: Oh and Happy birthday:flowerforyou:
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Without knowing more about you or your goals, it's hard to give you an answer here.

If it was me, I would go with lasagna (I love lasagna) and just not go crazy and eat the whole pan. I would calculate the nutritional content of the lasagna so I can log it, and work it into my daily intake log - probably eat less during other meals.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    There is some great recipes on here for cauliflower base pizza ( I know it sounds gross but it's not) or you can still have your lasagna, but instead of using noodles use blanched leek ( cut length ways) instead to make your layers. :smile: Oh and Happy birthday:flowerforyou:
    Why would I want to substitute the crust or the noodles? Thanks for the birthday wishes!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Without knowing more about you or your goals, it's hard to give you an answer here.

If it was me, I would go with lasagna (I love lasagna) and just not go crazy and eat the whole pan. I would calculate the nutritional content of the lasagna so I can log it, and work it into my daily intake log.
    Why would I want to do all that? It's my birthday!
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday. Keep your chin up. You'll find a great meal to eat on your birthday.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd go with Mediterranean and pizza. This is my favorite pizza recipe ever. I hope you have a very happy birthday!

Mediterranean Chicken Feta Pizza

Dough:
    ¾ cup water, 110 degrees
    1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
    ¼ tsp salt
    2 cloves garlic, pressed
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    2 cups flour (1 cup whole wheat, 1 cup bread flour)
    2 tsp dry yeast

Sauce:
    3 cloves garlic pressed
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp salt
    1 ½ TBS extra virgin olive oil
    1 ½ TBS rice vinegar

Toppings:
    2 cups spinach leaves
    1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
    ½ cup sundried tomatoes
    1 can olives, sliced
    2 tomatoes, diced
    3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

Put dough ingredients into a bread machine and set to pizza dough. Preheat oven with pizza stone to 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Prepare the toppings. Mix sauce ingredients and set aside.

Remove dough to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times. Form an oval and let rest 10 minutes. Roll and stretch dough into a 14 inch circle. Place dough on a prepared pizza peel. Brush with sauce mixture and layer with the toppings. Bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden on bottom and top is melty/cooked.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Why do you ask for help, then not take any advice? You are your own advocate, dude!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Happy Birthday. Keep your chin up. You'll find a great meal to eat on your birthday.
    Thanks, Pottserwhatever.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    personally id eat what ever i wanted and think sod the diet for that day and start afresh the next day but thats just me
  • AnimeDarkling
    Options
    Birthday or not if your on here u must be looking to lose weight and be healthy fit it into your goals measure the amount etc I myself am skipping pizza for my birthday and will have a wrap and a few light drinks to make sure I'm under my 1200 cal n 40g limit per day
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    Why do you ask for help, then not take any advice? You are your own advocate, dude!
    I did not ask for meal substitutes or ways to hide vegetables in the meal.
  • AJL_Daddy
    Options
    I am not even gonna say what I think is going on here. It's THAT sad.
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat the lasagna. Hell with your wife. Hell eat your wife.

That's what you wanted to hear, amiright?
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    BUMP
    I thought this was a place of support. :angry:

Wow, 3 whole minutes had elapsed before the Bump. And you let a whopping 60 seconds go by before critizing the lack of support. Not to mention there is no guidance whatsoever from you. Your profile is private so we have no idea what your goals are.

Are you wanting suggestions for birthday food indulgences? Are you wanting suggestions for healthy alternatives to traditional birthday food? Are you wanting suggestions for convincing your family to eat your favorites?

I'm guessing by the way you blasted the person who suggested health, you aren't interested in that. Good luck getting whatever it is you're looking for.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Out of your options, I'd go for a curry. I love curries.
  • AJL_Daddy
    Options
    I did not ask for meal substitutes or ways to hide vegetables in the meal.

Fine. Eat a baby. I don't care! you ask for help. People give it to you. You make them feel bad. I say eat a big fat baby. After all, it's your birthday. Probably your last if you eat that child!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    If I were you, I'd go with Mediterranean and pizza. This is my favorite pizza recipe ever. I hope you have a very happy birthday!
    Damn, that sounds delicious. Would be a great way to have the best of both worlds.

I once had a plain cheese pizza with a chicken caesar salad on top if it at Welly's in Marlborough, MA. It was so good. They also do a Chicken Parm Calzone that is stuffed with shredded fried chicken. Only bad part was that once they saw that my buddy and I were getting a little ****-faced and tried to charge us three times the bill. Not cool.