I'm at a loss and need some help, please!

Options

Replies

• PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you're not willing to make sacrifices. Might as well just give up now if that is your attitude.
    Fantastic judgmental attitude! :drinker:

Do you never eat pizza, m'lady? Eating lasagna or pizza one day, and I should just give up? :huh:

Wow. You're a jerk dude. I'm compelled to say it. I don't need to make a judgement call, you put it right out there for everyone to see. I'm feeling plenty sorry for your wife, that's for sure. Yikes. I'm not reading anymore of your comments.
    It amazes me how some folks get so wrapped up in the what is "healthy" that they cease to live and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. One day of not tracking and eating something you normally don't will not kill you, ruin everything that you've done, or make your efforts any less serious.

Uh, I don't track anything I eat. You don't even know me. Don't you dare assume how I live. It's a health site. Are you playing dumb???
    I never claimed that you track anything, lady. Take a deep breath and read more carefully.

Also, just as I do not know anything about you, you know nothing about me and how I live, exercise and eat the rest of the year. So, please... step off of your pedestal.
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Do folks that ask for ideas about clothing and such get crucified like this too?

hmmm - i read a whole 14 pages about whether or not to get a boob job for a reward for all the hard work and didnt see so much negativity...lol
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    With whatever you do decide, don't forget to have a birthday drink. I vote for red wine!
    I'm not a big wine fan. Going with Southern Comfort Cherry, Jack Daniels or some gin. Cheers!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    OP: It's your birthday, enjoy yourself! One "treat" day isn't going to ruin anything. Heck, my trainer tells me to have a treat day once a week, she just reminds me to use moderation when I do. So I say eat what you want on your special day, just use moderation, sometimes you can have your cake and eat it too.

So, how about this: make a breakfast pizza for breakfast, pick a favorite dish at your favorite Persian restaurant for lunch (sorry, I've never had Persian food before, so I can't make a suggestion on a dish) and lasagne for supper, just have smaller quantities of each (and if you go overboard, you know what, tomorrow's another day, just get back on your plan and keep going.)

Personally, for my birthday I do two "days" I go to my favorite Mexican restaurant with my family and on a different day, a friend of mine (her birthday is two days before mine) and I go to a Brazilian Steakhouse. I figure it's once a year, I won't gain back everything in those two meals and if I gain a pound from it, you know what? It will come off again.

So Happy Birthday OP, I hope you have a great day no matter what you decide!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    ...Brazilian Steakhouse...
    WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS?!

See, folks? This is why I posted this topic! I would not have though of sushi or Brazilian steakhouse otherwise!
    Thanks!
  • dmchiz
    Options
    ArnimZola - That's it Im leaving this thread and goingg to McDonalds because you have ignored all my cute and witty posts and now my feelings are hurt ! :laugh:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am too lazy to read five pages, especially since a lot of posts seem judgmental.

I make eggplant and zucchini lasagnes. Just roast sliced veggies and layer them with the usual instead of noodles...well, I did stop using the sausage, but this is your birthday! This week, we forgot the ricotta, so I ended up mixing laughing cow cheese wedges with spinach for that layer and we may never get the ricotta again! When eggplants are in season, we have this almost every week.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    ArnimZola - That's it Im leaving this thread and goingg to McDonalds because you have ignored all my cute and witty posts and now my feelings are hurt ! :laugh:
    I AM SABOTAGING YOU! Ha! Thank you for your common sense.

Now, get your McDonald's on while I creep your profile pics.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    I am too lazy to read five pages, especially since a lot of posts seem judgmental.

I make eggplant and zucchini lasagnes. Just roast sliced veggies and layer them with the usual instead of noodles...well, I did stop using the sausage, but this is your birthday! This week, we forgot the ricotta, so I ended up mixing laughing cow cheese wedges with spinach for that layer and we may never get the ricotta again! When eggplants are in season, we have this almost every week.
    Now, eggplant instead of noodles I can get behind because love eggplant parm. Thanks!
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    its your birthday, therefore it really doesnt matter what the rest of your family wants- its your day. eat what you want, celebrate, be merry.

There, that what you wanted to hear?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options

See, folks? This is why I posted this topic! I would not have though of sushi or Brazilian steakhouse otherwise!

If you go to the website for the steakhouse and register with them, you get a coupon for a free birthday dinner (also part of the reason we go, even though we can only use one, we split the cost of the one meal so it's much more affordable)
    Thanks!
    You're Welcome
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Now, eggplant instead of noodles I can get behind because love eggplant parm. Thanks!

eewwwwwwww eggplant yuck, but if you like it why dont you go for moussaka it would satisfy your greek craving and is (maybe) enough like lasagne that your family may go for it
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    its your birthday, therefore it really doesnt matter what the rest of your family wants- its your day. eat what you want, celebrate, be merry.

There, that what you wanted to hear?
    I was hoping to get ideas on food type, really. Thanks to some kind folks, I've added sushi and Brazilian steakhouse to the list.

Thanks, though!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Actually you did when your 3rd post on the thread is "I thought this was a place of support". Why would you throw that out there if you weren't looking for support?
    Humor is dead in the forums. It really is.

Poo-Pie? :laugh:
    PS: Happy Birthday!
  • dmchiz
    Options
    I AM SABOTAGING YOU! Ha! Thank you for your common sense.

Now, get your McDonald's on while I creep your profile pics.

mmmmmmmm MCRIB...................lol
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options

this is a great idea!
    and, i bet your wife would like Brazilian as well!
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You know what I just had for lunch? 2 Baby arms, fried in tons of butter! Delicious! HIGHLY recommended!
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    Options
    You know what I just had for lunch? 2 Baby arms, fried in tons of butter! Delicious! HIGHLY recommended!
    Yeah, I think that baby eating thing ran it's course. You need some new material.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think that baby eating thing ran it's course. You need some new material.

Nope. Still funny!
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Nope, still failed.