Any 40 somethings out there???

Options
Hey there!
Anybody out there in their 40's (mid) .... I have about 70 lbs to lose and need lots of encouragement. Friend me :-)

Replies

• nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am new to this site, and not quite mid 40's.. I'm 42. I have about 70 lbs to lose also if I go by the weight charts that doctors seem to love to pull out.
  • lesamac17
    lesamac17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 40.
  • monaghme
    monaghme Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel,

I'm Maureen, soon to be 46 and I also have approximately 70 lbs to lose. I did MFP about a year and a half ago with some success but got lazy. I'm doing it again hopefully for the long haul this time around. I actually started logging my food in Jan 6th but I usually do it via my phone. When I get a chance to get on the regular computer I like to visit the "community page". Hope to see you around here and perhaps share some tips and recipes.

Things I'm going to try to do a little differently this time around is weigh in just once a month and try to incorporate some fish into my diet (not a big fan but I'll start with tilapia and scallops). Sparkpeople had some good looking recipes so hopefully I'll give them a try soon.

Would love to have more company on this journey.

Maureen
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Me, me!! I am 41~feel free to add me :smile:
  • frogconspiracy
    Options
    I am brand new to this site (joined 5 mintues ago) I would love to add some friends as well to help with my weight loss goals. And discuss the stradditiona struggle of 40 year olds coming to grips with getting healthy.
    201340 Posts: 8
    Options
    Almost 40. 99 days to go! I can't wait. I'm so excited. I have 50 pounds to get rid of. Feel free to add me. I need support too. Plus all these changes seem to have started to happen in the last 6 months.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    42 years old, 43 in march. I've lost 92 pounds since last January. I wanted to lose 100 by my birthday this year (March 13th) I am not going to make it but I probably will by Memorial day, maybe even April 1st and that's good enough for me.

Feel free to add me.
  • Amycrochet17
    Options
    I am 40 and like everyone else need some encouragement!! I have about 45 lbs to lose. I have a 16 (almost 17)year old, a 14 year old and a 1 (almost 2) year old. All boys. You'd think as busy as I stay running with all of them, working a full time job and going to college (online courses) with a full load that I wouldn't have time to eat. LOL!!! All encouragement welcome!! :) Good luck to everyone!!! :smile:
  • Key0970
    Key0970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel, I'm a 42 year old mum of 4 and grandma, I will be 43 this year, feel free to add me there are lots of 40 somethings on here so your not on your own :)
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Will be 40 in July. :) Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MFPLynne
    MFPLynne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yep! 43 here. I joined last year with decent results --31 lbs. Then my gym closed and I moved and..... well most (all but 10) of the weight came back between Aug and December.
    I recently found a new gym in my new location. Now I am working to get a routine going and to work on being better to mind and body.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 years old and looking to lose, too. I'm a mom of three girls, the oldest in 2nd grade. I need to be a healthy mom for them and for me, so time to lose the weight.
  • rvfamily4
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined a few minutes ago and can't wait to hook up with people for support. I tried Weight Watchers for a bit and this looks the same but free! I lost 25 lbs on weight watchers but then got plantar fasciitis and put it all back on.

So here we go again. I turned 46 right after Christmas and I made the decision that something has to be done. I am tired of being tired! I have decided to make another life change- I am going back to school and the family is moving so I can attend. To get prepared I decided to have the full work-up. I just went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have high blood pressure. Now it is time for a boat load of test.

I am really nervous about the results so I hope this time -with new eating habits- it will all take. I have been battling my weight since I was 13. I am willing to support others and look forward for support as well. Lets get this started! :)

Lisa
  • MelSeaux
    MelSeaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep - I have two kids - 19 year old daughter and 25 year old son. My son just moved to Tokyo and I would love to have lost some weight by the next time I see him (hopefully in August!). He lost almost 90 lbs his second year in college and I was so proud of him for doing that. Its all about lifestlye changes. I want to be able to go hiking in the mountains and walking the city of Tokyo when I see him!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    Anybody out there in their 40's (mid) .... I have about 70 lbs to lose and need lots of encouragement. Friend me :-)

I just turned 40

Friend request sent :)
  • mityjoe67
    mityjoe67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I will be 46 in a couple of weeks, not really new to the site but definitely new to posting in the community. Definitely do not mind making new friends and offering support when I can. :)
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    (raising hand and bouncing up and down in seat) Me! Me!
  • MelSeaux
    Options
    Hi,

I will be 46 in a couple of weeks, not really new to the site but definitely new to posting in the community. Definitely do not mind making new friends and offering support when I can. :)

I am definietly new to the "community". I have never searched for support/friends before, but I said - what have I got to lose??!! So here I am!
  • MelSeaux
    Options
    (raising hand and bouncing up and down in seat) Me! Me!

I picked you!!
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    YAY!