Replies

• MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 something for the next 2 months.
  • Swedgen
    Swedgen Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm 42, and looking to lose 43 pounds by my 43rd birthday.
  • GinaAnnGrilli
    GinaAnnGrilli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES, I AM THAT SPECIAL FORTY AGE! Just started this journey after losing 40 lbs. on weight watchers and now I've got another 35 to go as my goal. Sound like you? I have been doing well so far. Exercise: find an activity you like + Nutrition: lighten up already existing meals, recipes or dishes you already like by substituting, its a fun challenge. AND LOTS of water! Applaud yourself for beginning this journey...
  • daffodilious
    daffodilious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 in March, and I need to lose 70 lbs as well. It'd be great to do it by the end of this year, and I'm pretty motivated to do it this time. I'm 5'10 and have always been big, but I just can't stand feeling so fat. Plus, after I reached the ripe ol' age of 40, I realized that it was time to get serious about keeping off so much weight because I'm concerned about developing health problems. I've noticed my blood pressure climbing each time at doctor visits, and I've developed plantar fasciits as well as creaky knees when going up and down the stairs. This is ridiculous, and I know it's because I've got too much weight on my body. I want to feel healthy and live a long, pain-free/med-free life. I've weighed as much as 260, and as low as 170.

I tried to lose the weight before I turned 40, but it didn't happen. It really and truly is harder to lose weight in my 40s than it was in my 20s. Or maybe that's just me looking softly into the past while I struggle so hard now. I've tried a lot of different things, lost 25 pounds with WW, gained it back, tried vegetarian diets, high protein diets, the orange diet, the banana diet, whatever. But I know that the best way to lose weight is to reduce the amount of food I eat and be more active--I'm not not stupid about HOW to lose weight, I'm just undisciplined and inconsistent. I'm committed to making a change this year, though, and I'm hoping that using MFP will help. I'm enjoying tracking the foods so far. I'm stunned at how many grams of sugar are in everything, as so far I've consistently gone over my sugar every day I've been recording so far, and that's without eating any "sweets" or desserts. Srsly, sugar! When'd you get so popular! But it makes a lot of sense. I do think that I need more protein than the daily allowance has here, as that helps me control my appetite way more consistently than trying to control it with other snacks.

Anyway! I'm mostly here for inspiration and reading things like "It was so hard, but I stuck with it and I did it!!" I believe those stories and they help me fight the good fight!
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    hi I will be 43 in about a week. Would love some new friends
  • shelly4113
    shelly4113 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can add me I'm 41.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    42 and n denial!! 50 lbs to lose if you want to add me x
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    43 here. I have lost 88 lbs in the last 6 months, and would like to lose around 60 more. I am in it for the long haul! :happy:
  • TKKeith
    TKKeith Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 yrs young. and 20-25LBS TO GOAL

I'm 42 yrs young and am 20-25lbs to my goal!
  • lisadoe71
    lisadoe71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just started MFP yesterday and have over 100 pounds to lose and would love to find some friends on here to encourage each other to reach our goals. I will be 42 next month. You may add me if you'd like.
  • aniadas
    aniadas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This is my 1st week and I would like to shed 80 pounds or more! I'll be 45 in May. For so long I put everyone's needs ahead of me and I think I'm ready to find myself. I want to be around for my 2 kids who are 6 & 8. However, I'm trying to find some faith that I can actually lose so much weight. Just thinking about it it's so overwhelming. Any of you had success to lose a lot of weight by just watching your diet and exercising? I thought of having a gastric surgery but so many risks involved...
    Any advice on staying strong in this long journey? My biggest weakness is sweets. It's the hardest thing for me to keep out of my diet.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    43 here and 40 punds to go
  • roxxie25
    roxxie25 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 43. Feel free to friend me :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Nearly 41. Jesus wept. I need to grow up. :bigsmile:
  • jchaparro
    Options
    I am soon to be 46 and have over 100 lbs. to lose. Any friends would be appreciated. Feel free to add me.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    About to turn 43! My goal is to lose 25 lbs and develop some good habits. Everyone feel free to add me.
  • lsmttckj
    Options
    Yes, I am 42 with children, and like everyone else extremely busy and lots of weight to lose. So, please add me in the mix!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    45 and a lot of weight to lose! Friend request sent.
  • nichelle02
    Options
    Nearly 41. Jesus wept. I need to grow up. :bigsmile:

Too funny!

I'm 45, new here and have a lot of pounds to lose (about 100). I'm just starting out and need all of the support I can get so I'm adding ALL OF YOU! :tongue:
  • rollyjoy
    rollyjoy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 44 and after being a member of MFP for a while I have finally felt the determination to lose the extra weight. This is my time! Would love more friends for motivation and support. Feel free to add me!