Skinny and flat chested or heavier with boobs?

Options

Replies

• squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I must be lucky, because even when my boobs first showed up they were huge! I was wearing 34Ds at 97lbs, 36DD at 148lbs, and now at 123lbs they're at 32DDD with no sign of budging. They looked "fuller" when I was heavier. Not that they're saggy or anything now (omg, I dread the day...) they just looked nicer when I was chubbier.

I'm only 4'11 so I *need* my boobs, otherwise I look like a child :(
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm never flat chested, but my boobs were definitely bigger at my highest weight. I was a DD and I'm a D now, still have 20lbs to go so I could be a C at my goal weight. Personally, I'd rather be skinny. I don't really care too much about the size of my boobs, and I'm actually happier being a D than a DD because clothes and bathing suit tops fit better now.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    Options
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The only bras that are easy to find in a 36 A (the size I am when I'm below 150 pounds) look like training bras.

Not my experience at all - the nice ones all come only in tiny sizes, whereas for people who *need* to wear them all the time, you have a choice of white and frumpy or black and frumpy. Why would you even need a bra for a size A, beyond fashion?

I'm jealous. I've always been big-boobed, and at my current size, have to lug around a set of DDs. I can't run or ride horses without a very, very good sports bra, at the risk of giving myself a black eye.

How can you think that someone that has small breasts does not need to wear a bra? Small breasts still hurt when they are bouncing around during exercise (not as much and they are more easily contained, but you need a bra for that), small breasts are still subject to gravity and a bra is needed to keep them perky for a long time, It is never appropriate no matter what size breasts a women has to go into her job with her nipples poking out her shirt and her boobs bouncing around and obviously not in a bra and what if she needs (or even wants) to ever wear a white shirt or blouse, so even if you consider that to be fashion it is still a valid reason to need a bra. Never mind when breastfeeding and you need a bra to put in the milk catching pads, so you do not end up soaked in milk. Small breasts may be small, but they are still breasts and very often in need of a bra. I could go braless if I was also going topless. It's true that because my breasts are small they are perky and self-supporting (even after having two children), but with a shirt on, the shirt drags on them and it is very uncomfortable to me. I think from reading these threads it is tough for a lot of people to find bras, especially since so many of us fall into band sizing that is not sold in the stores at the malls (my band size is 28).

This is true, lol. I'm BARELY a B cup and i need to wear a bra always. I tried working out wearing even a regular bra, and my boobs hurt so bad jumping up and down. It even shocked me. lol

I totally agree with the first post up here, I'm a 36 A and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find nice bras that fit properly. they're all either too big in the cups or too small in the elastic. Because most places who have nice 'A' cup bras have them more in like the 28-34 elastic range. once you're at 36 it's mission impossible. that's been my experience anyways.

and to the second poster, no way man. even A girls need bras.
  • MeghanMcPheexo
    Options
    Not necessarily skinny, but within "average" weight with a lower body fat percentage would probably be better. I'm a 36B, and I've always been told by guys that a handful is just enough. Mind you, I might be biased cause I've NEVER had big boobs. I'm at my highest weight yet, and it all went straight to my hips, thigh and tummy. Just skipped my boobs altogether.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    Boobs are the only thing I have liked about being heavier. I can find BRAS!

The only bras that are easy to find in a 36 A (the size I am when I'm below 150 pounds) look like training bras.

Seriously!! I have to have a BMI of 26 in order to have anything bigger than 36A!!
    It's so depressing.. :(
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Rather be heavier with boobs. Although that sounds weird to say considering my boobs are a pain in the *kitten* sometimes.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Not my experience at all - the nice ones all come only in tiny sizes, whereas for people who *need* to wear them all the time, you have a choice of white and frumpy or black and frumpy. Why would you even need a bra for a size A, beyond fashion?

I'm jealous. I've always been big-boobed, and at my current size, have to lug around a set of DDs. I can't run or ride horses without a very, very good sports bra, at the risk of giving myself a black eye.

How can you think that someone that has small breasts does not need to wear a bra? Small breasts still hurt when they are bouncing around during exercise (not as much and they are more easily contained, but you need a bra for that), small breasts are still subject to gravity and a bra is needed to keep them perky for a long time, It is never appropriate no matter what size breasts a women has to go into her job with her nipples poking out her shirt and her boobs bouncing around and obviously not in a bra and what if she needs (or even wants) to ever wear a white shirt or blouse, so even if you consider that to be fashion it is still a valid reason to need a bra. Never mind when breastfeeding and you need a bra to put in the milk catching pads, so you do not end up soaked in milk. Small breasts may be small, but they are still breasts and very often in need of a bra. I could go braless if I was also going topless. It's true that because my breasts are small they are perky and self-supporting (even after having two children), but with a shirt on, the shirt drags on them and it is very uncomfortable to me. I think from reading these threads it is tough for a lot of people to find bras, especially since so many of us fall into band sizing that is not sold in the stores at the malls (my band size is 28).

This is true, lol. I'm BARELY a B cup and i need to wear a bra always. I tried working out wearing even a regular bra, and my boobs hurt so bad jumping up and down. It even shocked me. lol

I totally agree with the first post up here, I'm a 36 A and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find nice bras that fit properly. they're all either too big in the cups or too small in the elastic. Because most places who have nice 'A' cup bras have them more in like the 28-34 elastic range. once you're at 36 it's mission impossible. that's been my experience anyways.

I don't know if this link will help or not: http://www.thelittlebracompany.com/ I don't have any bras from them, but might try them.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Id rather be flat. LOL. I lost over 100lbs and went from a 42D to a 34AA... but id rather be thinner and have no boobs than be overweight with boobs. :) health over vanity... right? :) if youre that insecure about it, try a bra with extra padding. works for me!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty funny what people consider big and little...it's fairly subjective. I thought when I was nursing I was huge and I was a full C...After nursing I dropped to a 36 long. lol. My husband could care less and I just roll them up into my bra and go.:drinker: I have male highschool students that have deeper cleavage. I can run and jump without pain (but definately WITH A BRA--that sucks donkey parts without a bra).
  • brandiellzey
    Options
    I take skinny and fake boobs! I have always been flat chested. No matter if I was fat, skinny, pregnant didn't matter breast size didn't change. So I bought me some! LOL... now it doesn't matter I will always have boobs! :)
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I definitely find beauty in all shapes and sizes of women. Big boobs are nice but whatever makes you feel sexy and confident shows through and is attractive as hell in a woman big or small.
    Oh and as a guy with moobs(slowly going away) running with those things just sucks *kitten*.
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I would love to have an a or b cup. Ive had a breast reduction. Went from G-H cup down to a small C. Wish I would have gone for a small B. being thin with no boobs is easier to dress for and you can jump up and down without getting slapped in the face.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

I totally agree with you guys on this, size doesn't matter. They all need support. They are very sensitive if i walk around for a little while without a bra on. plus there is chafing....and there is NO WAY that i could run or jump up & down without a workout bra on. Ouch!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Of course I have a preference as does every other guy. However I think the most important thing is to focus on health. Find your most healthy weight (and focus on body fat % not BMI) and be happy with your own body at the dimensions that result.

Other women sharing their preferences or citing polls of what most men prefer will not help you become more healthy.
    I have NEVER had boobs... when i was in HS i got made fun of ALL THE time... I was 120 at 5'9 and looked like a boy LOL!

Once i had my son and gained weight I got boobs! YAYYYYYYYY !!!!!!! but was 201 lbs..... and stayed that way for about 3 years.

Now that Im 170's and lost the weight my boobs are going away again.....

Some days Id rather be heavier with boobs than skinny with no boobs.... LOL .

Am I the only one with this problem? LOL

I love being thinner.... but feel "boyish" again LOL
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I had boobs that were much larger than I liked when I was heavier. I am glad to have lost some of my chest as I lost weight. I'm still rather busty for someone of my height and build.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Before I had my first kid, I had a good C. I didn't nurse her (couldn't) and my boobs stayed the same size. When I was preggo with my son, my boobs got a nice shape rather than bigger, but he nursed for 13 months and my boobs were gone when he was done nursing. I have always been self conscious about being heavy with B cups...so glad to hear so many of you others out there have the same problem. Even though I am out of proportion, I still wouldn't change the size of them! I've always heard anything more than a handful is a waste! Haha!
  • Audities
    Options
    I am totally hoping to lose a lot of my boobs (I've actually lost 2.5" in my bust in 2 weeks yay!). When I was my thinnest, (102 lbs) I had a C cup. Now that I'm extremely heavy, I wear a J. You heard me *J CUP* - which is effing ridiculous. I can't even find bras here. I have to wear 2 sports bras instead.
    I've had back pain and shoulder pain from the size of my chest for years.
    Just remember that small boobs are preferable to chronic pain by far!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    get brest implants
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Boobs are a pain in the *kitten*! JMO

ETA- I remember doing this exercise at this place when I was about 12 (my first diet) and we would sing, " the bigger the better to fill in a full sweater, the men depend on us." 32 years later....F*** that noise! :laugh: