the dangers of diet soda

Options
12346»

Replies

• millipedey
    Options
    Also, what... dihydrogen monoxide? Two hydrogen 1 oxygen? H20? Yes, very dangerous. You can drown in it...
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    Dihydrogen Monoxide is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

And, if you are drinking Diet Soda, you're drinking Dihydrogen Monoxide. Google it: you'll be glad you did.

EVERYTHING causes cancer if you look hard enough.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods sales an amazing soda called Sans that is zero calories and sweetened with Stevia. It hits the spot everytime! Nothing artificial or fake!
    I checked up and it's still got the deadly chemical DHMO in it!

;)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything against people being happy or enjoying themselves---I do it all the time.:happy: I'm just curious as to why someone would drink chemical-laden water, with a fake sweet taste, that makes one hungrier and then think of it as a "diet" anything. Why would a dieter want to take in something that would make him/her hungrier? Does hunger make you happy? Do you enjoy it? Seems a bit masochistic to me, but *shrug* to each his own. :bigsmile:
    Because "chemical" is a meaningless term. Water is a chemical, too. And I don't have irrational hangups about "artificial" things or believe that automatically makes them bad.

My taste buds don't care about "fake." It tastes sweet to me.

"Diet" is just a name to distinguish caloric and non-caloric versions. It doesn't cause me to believe it has magical properties.

It doesn't make me hungrier. And I don't suffer from hunger; I eat when I am hungry. Tends to work real well.
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "In large amounts, it could cause suffocation and death. If the substance is heated, it could cause severe burns. Cold versions of this substance can also cause frostbite."

Eep! Really dangerous stuff! Please keep it away from me!! Aaah!
    -well, except for the 8 glasses I try to get everyday. ;)
  • Sherman7057
    Sherman7057 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Some don't get the joke.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Most people bro! Smh...
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Di(two)-hydrogen as in 2-H
    mono(one)-oxygen as in O
    H2O

for those unaware
  • leketchup
    leketchup Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and eat processed food.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Keep calm and eat processed food.
    Indeed; like bottled or tap water both of which tend to be 'processed' some how!
This discussion has been closed.