Slim In 6 Workout Buddies Wanted!

Options

Replies

• callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hey Scoobees:smile:

Any time... pal!! Sorry to hear about you knees.. have you been icing them? THE RIGHT shoes are SO IMPORTANT! I hope the Nikes will help w/! Been having the same, stepped in a hole watering a week ago.. pulled a calf muscle slightly on my left leg- bad side :frown: Now its my knee, shoulder, now calf. I think I'm going lop sided. :laugh:

Keep fueling that Turbo Fire! :bigsmile:
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Aww man, Callie - sorry to hear about your muscle pull. :flowerforyou: I so understand what you mean - I feel like a giant walking talking boo-boo sometimes. :ohwell: It's like, there absolutely cannot be another joint/limb/muscle/etc that I could possibly hurt! :wink: I hope you heal up fast! :flowerforyou:

Did my Turbo tonight, but I lacked a little of the Fire. Had a great workout though; just been feeling kinda yucky for about a week. I have problems very infrequently with light headedness, dizziness or vertigo or something that I just don't know. Usually like once a year, and under great stress (like a family death, etc) but nothing serious like that going on so I'm not sure what is causing it. I've been trying to keep up with the workouts, some days are better than others. We don't have health insurance right now, so I really really don't want to have to see a doc. Hopefully it just disappears like it did the last time! So far - I haven't fell over during the FIRE! :laugh:

Have a good one!!
  • callie365
    Options
    Good Morning Scoob:smile:

:laugh: :laugh: you are to funny.. but isnt it the true! Mines better today... DS must be the trick. I did CCE yesterday & LOVED IT!

My company that just left... my BIL has been suffering from vertigo, since May, he is going crazy with, I didnt quite understand but its got to do with his inner ear? They have him doing up /down back & forth exercises. His left side is week. Yep we would be walking & he would start wobbling.:sick:

Maybe its time for a rest/ relax/ be kind to you day... Chalene has you working awful hard!!

You also ... hope it disappears for you FAST !!!:smile::smile: :smile:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hi Callie - Glad you're enjoying your DS! :drinker:

Yeah, from the info I read about vertigo, it's definitely an inner ear kinda thing and different levels of severity. Gosh, it must be driving your BIL insane by now! :sick: :sick: That's a long time to be dealing with that! I don't know what I'd do if it started affecting my walking. Mine is only bad when laying down for bed, changing positions in bed and getting up; a little when I look up, down and side to side. It truly stinks for sure.

Unfortunately today's Turbo Fire workout was Core 20 (just ok) Stretch 40 (yuk lol) and obviously involved positions on the floor, laying down, head down, etc and I only fell once - but I really really really (lol) wanted to hit eject totally. :laugh: It was hard enough to psych myself up to do core & stretching anyway - but to get the dizzies the whole time - yikes! :tongue:

Week 1 Turbo Fire complete! :drinker:
  • callie365
    Options
    Hi Scoobees :smile:

OOOOoooo... Your a real trooper for hanging in there! Have you read what you can do about it on line? Yes I have experienced the dizzies, when moving /getting up out of bed... I think it was TOTAL: stress and not sleeping well!?! Yes my BIL is da_n tired of it.

:drinker: CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st week of TF..... complete, done, over, ka- put :drinker:

Another ? After completing your 1st week...what do you think I can I do to prepare for TB... and I never have done TJ.. like Jill I am not into the dancy- fancy- smancy stuff .:huh:

Have a AWESOME Friday!! :smile: :smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Callie and Scoobees!

This is so weird, but I get vertigo occasionally too (no rhyme or reason as to when it flares up), and I've been suffering from it the last week or so as well. I need to do those exercises. They helped last time. My symptoms are pretty mild right now, and they actually seem to be a little better than they were a week ago (I didn't fall down doing Yoga X this week, LOL), so maybe it'll keep going away on its own.

I am really enjoying reading about your TF workouts, Scoobees. I bet I would have liked the core/stretch stuff more than you did. You like to keep moving all the time, don't you? I like that too, but I also like chilling out and stretching. :-)

Man, I had SO much work yesterday, but I got it all done. I hope I don't get that much today, but a little would be nice.

Today is Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X for me. Week 10 is winding down, and there will be only four to go. Yay!

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Correction: There will be only THREE weeks of P90X after this. :bigsmile:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    This really is sooo weird that we can all relate to this vertigo stuff! I wasn't even going to mention it here the other day, but it was just bugging me so much - now I'm glad I did! I feel just a little less alone lol! You've both mentioned exercises for it - I haven't seen anything online about that - just a mention that your doctor could show some exercises...is there a site that could help me?

Callie - The other times I've experienced vertigo were definitely times of huge stress! 2 deaths (father & FIL) and filing bankruptcy. :sick: All horribly stressful times. But right now, I can honestly say the stress level is pretty low for me over the summer; just the usual things like needing more $$ - but who doesn't have that kind of stress lol. :ohwell:

Thanks for the congrats :drinker: on completing my first week of TF! As of this morning the scale is down 2 pounds exactly!!! :drinker: I am pretty stoked about that! As for what you can do to prepare for TF...hmmmm, I don't know! :wink: From my take on the first week, it's mostly pure cardio conditioning. It's all about pushing as hard as you can, and then seeing if you can give just a little more. I really wouldn't worry about the choreography though. I STILL do the 'new to class' option which is a fabulous feature. That way you can see the breakdown nice & slow. It's not as dancy and shakin' it as TJ (at least so far - I've got many dvds to get thru yet!!) and more like her Turbo Kick classes that I've taken at my gym. Some dancy bits, but more athletic drills. But I just LOVE to punch & kick! :laugh:

Jill - This really is too weird! You too with the vertigo! Are the exercises you mentioned online anywhere? I would love to try something (anything!!) for this! In the past, mine has always disappeared after a couple weeks; gradually lessening as time went on. But I was not exercising quite so intensely at the time - yikes, it's scary! I know yours must be getting mild if you didn't fall during Yoga X! Those poses would put me to the floor for sure! :laugh: I did tip over just once during that TF stretch workout yesterday - I was so glad I was alone!! :tongue:

All I could think of during TF Core 20 Stretch 40 was - Jill & Callie would be enjoying this! I know you two love those kind of workouts. I wish I could make myself like them a little more. I WILL do them though...for some reason my knees didn't hurt as much last night and this morning. I'm thinking maybe some of the stretches could have helped indirectly...I know it was very hard to make my knees bend into some of the positions - like pigeon (? I think it's called?)...maybe it stretched something out lol!

You have only 3 weeks left for P90X?! :drinker: You really deserve a medal or something for going thru that again! Seriously. Maybe some day in the far, far, far :wink: future I can try again.

Have a Fantastic Friday! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Yes, Scoobees, you can find instructions, illustrations, videos, etc. for the vertigo exercises. Just google Brandt-Daroff Exercise. Some make it more clear than others how to do the exercise. It's pretty simple, but it takes 10 minutes three times a day, and it's a pain to slow down long enough to do it, but it does help!

OK, lunchtime (even though it's only 11 a.m., but I'm starving already!), and then shower and a trip to Costco with the hubby since he has the day off today.

Ta ta for now!
  • callie365
    Options
    Jill & Scoobees It must be in the air !!

Jill your falling also ..... I'll have to check out the exercises and see if thats what my BIL is doing. Glad yesterdays work got done and can have some fun w/ your DH! :smile:

Scoobees Yes, that is HUGE stresses... I am so sorry!!! :heart: Good thing your off for the summer, LOL I'm w/ ya on the more $$$ would always be nice! Again.. thanks for sharing, I will make sure to up my cardio.Yes I love stretching... Its so good for you... you just gotta calm- slow down enough to enjoy! With your knees feeling better, you might just learn to like it! Congrats on your 2 lbs!!

I am dragg-N tired... went out and watered again 2 hrs this morn... its hot/ muggy the monsoons are here! Its nap time:yawn:
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Thanks Jill & Callie for everything! :flowerforyou: I will definitely read over those exercises for vertigo and give them a shot!! It's just nice to be able to TRY something - anything - to help.

Ok guys, tonight's TF was a blast! :drinker: I did Fire 45 Stretch 10 and it was just so much fun! I just can't believe something can be this much 'fun' (ok, it IS exercise after all...so maybe my definition of 'fun' is a little off lol) and keep my heart rate sooo high and work sooo hard...but still want to do it again tomorrow. :laugh: What kind of magic does Chalene have anyway?!

Tomorrow is a new one - HIIT 20 - so I know it's going to be ultra hard - but over in a snap! :drinker:

Have a great night - and thanks for all your help! :flowerforyou:
  • callie365
    Options
    Good Sat morn Scoobees :smile:

Anytime! Let us know if the exercises work, for you.

Yey...sounds like your firing it up... again w/ Fire 45 Stretch 10 !! :smile: There has to be a dud, in the bunch thats not your favorite (TF Core 20 Stretch 40) I think you just said it... Chalenes's magic is-" I just can't believe something can be this much fun! "

It's advertised that you feel like your in class.. do you?

I feel much more rested... Im doing Cardio Core Express, this morn.

Later
  • PJilly
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, I am going to practice what I preach and start doing those vertigo exercises myself. It takes two or three weeks for it to work, but it's better than waiting and having nothing get better.

Callie, have fun with CCE. I really like that one! It's short and sweet, and it really works the core.

Scoobees, you are so enthusiastic about TurboFire. I love it! Maybe you need to be on an infomercial! :happy:
  • callie365
    Options
    Good Morning Jill :smile:

Thanks Jill... but I ended up doing JM Cardio Kickboxing instead... I havent done it in over a year and I wanted to give it a try. I like... because of the kicks, punching, upper cuts and fast feet.:heart: Gives me ideas on moves I can modify w/ TF! I also turned Tony on.. ( B & B the 1st 10 mins only) he is a BIG BLAST of ENERGY. I never watched a P90 X w/o before only the infomercial..the warm up looked like it would be hard on the knees but the stretching I liked. Cheers to you for making it w/ Tony:laugh: Your stronger than I for sure!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: She's( scoobees) got me.... SOLD!
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Hi Callie & Jill - Happy Saturday! :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

Callie - Yep, for me that one was the only dud so far - and that's only because I don't like to stretch :tongue: . The only thing that gets just a tiny old is doing the same ole Stretch 10 after every workout - it's a good, short stretch - just hearing the same commentary over and over every day is just a tad boring, but I guess I could put on some music! :laugh: And it actually does feel a bit like I'm 'in the class'! She asks if you've high-fived your neighbor yet - and man, I looked around and there was no one there!! :blushing:

Go you! Doing JM today! I have a couple of her early dvds (I think I have that same one!!) and she is a bear! :sick: I also haven't done them in ages - if I remember right they killed my knees. :grumble: And Tony...I LOVE his silly humor!!! :laugh: I miss those dumb jokes!

Jill - I know! If I get any more enthusiastic about TF I need to be committed!!! :laugh: Oh man, I could just see me in an infomercial now...going on and on and on and...people turning off their TVs....:laugh:

Short and sweet workout today! HIIT 20 Stretch 10 - great! No choreography to learn...just HIITdrills. She just makes ya want to get lower, jump higher, give more....Whew, then it's over!

Rest day tomorrow - already! Kind of cool it landed on the 4th though! :smile:

If I don't pop in tomorrow - have a happy & safe 4th of July!!!!
  • callie365
    Options
    Hello Scoob & Jill :smile:

Scoobees The class feeling is appealing to me, I miss going! Hey you can pretend one of us is next to ya... we'll high- 5 ya everytime! Yes JM is the :devil:, but effective and also hard on the knees... but I modify, I still like her w/o's!! not the rest of her crap she has been peddling :angry:

Jill Think I'll watch the rest of B& B today & see what its all about! Hows the vertigo?

I was planning on today being a rest day but I feel so good I might do something?Still have to go water... in a bit.

Have a GREAT 4th!! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I must be the odd child. I can't stand working out in a class with other people, which is why DVDs are great for me. I don't even like it when someone walks in the room when I'm doing one of them. I feel all awkward and clumsy as soon as there's another person in the room. :tongue:

My vertigo is still bugging me. I didn't ever do my exercises yesterday. I really should do those!

Happy 4th!
  • callie365
    Options
    My Yoga & Pilaties ALWAYS, brought out the BEST in me... I didn't want to embarrass myself even though the instructor said NO comparing! Yes I dont like others walking in while I w/o... I lose it!

I'm sorry.. thats the pits... But, be nice to you.. and take a few & do them :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    Options
    My Yoga & Pilaties ALWAYS, brought out the BEST in me... I didn't want to embarrass myself even though the instructor said NO comparing! Yes I dont like others walking in while I w/o... I lose it!

I'm sorry.. thats the pits... But, be nice to you.. and take a few & do them :flowerforyou:
    OK, Mom, I'll go do them now. :-)

It's probably because it's such a mild case that I haven't been motivated to do the exercises, but I really will go do my first set now. And then I'll have my breakfast. Yum. I'm hungry!
  • callie365
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats me!!

But.. hunny you'll feel so much better....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I got my baby-ing - in for the day... I dont have to bug my kids!