What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• Garnet0284
    Garnet0284 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • northfresh
    Options
    I think this is a result of the improved fitness, but sleeping better and waking up easier
  • benflando
    Options
    No surprises if you stick to it. The only person that surprises you is yourself.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would think the improvement with all the weight loss is better sex. i could be wrong. but that is one of my motivations lol.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ I mean it was great before but now! WHOOP WHOOP!
  • abc2003family
    abc2003family Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,294 Member
    Options
    Oh yes the collar bones! How lovely they look. For me it's been health benefits like being able to rise onto the balls of my feet when I walk. I guess that must be the cross trainer which rolls your feet. I am looking forward to buying some nice shoes instead of having to get trainers which I can put orthotics in. Also I had lymphodema from breast cancer- that is soooo much better. I still wear a sleeve, but could take it off for a special occasion. I can lift my legs, put on trousers without sitting down. My ankles are less swollen. Nobody told me that I would get all these health benefits, I mainly did it for looks and running out of things to wear. I will have to go to the doctor's and check my blood pressure to see if I can lower my meds.
    Yes also cold, shoes loose, rings loose. So far I don't look haggard but will keep an eye on that. More blusher does a great job!
    I am 63 and have been buying jeans and lots of lovely tops. It took a while to sort out a new image but used Gok and magazine websites to get some ideas. If you have Boden in USA you can use them to jmput your measurements and preferences and they help you to find some styles. I was really frightened to hit the shops, but once I had done it the fear got better. I am going on holiday tomorrow and am really proud of the clothes laid out on the bed.
    I have 14 more pounds to lose at least, but now look like a normal person. At yoga last week someone came up to me and said I looked half the size I was. My sister in law says I am a real inspiration. I give thanks to my husband for keeping me going on the machines every morning and to myself for cooking delicious meals that don't feel like dieting.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    the one thing that is kind of annoying is the age old question "how'd you do it?" lately i'm tempted to say i've got a dependable drug dealer on speed dial, imagine their reaction???? :laugh:

noone seems to believe me when i say, plain and simple, calorie counting and moderate exercise. they expect me to say some magic pill or method...smh

Lol
    Every time someone asks they look excited. When I say, "A lot of exercise and a lot of healthier foods," their faces just drop. No one really wants to hear that the secret is what they already know.
    HAHAHA! Completely.

I actually kind of look around like I've got a big secret I don't want to get out and almost whisper, "Eat healthy and work out...don't tell anyone".

now that's funny i'm going to try that one...^^^
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    People are nicer to me in general.
    Get more catty comparative looks. Why can't women just stop competing? When I see someone I think looks better, which happens a lot, I admire them.
  • celticmedic
    celticmedic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Increased Sexual stamina and Libido!
  • ajamrog678
    Options
    My husband and I just realized that when we hug our bellies aren't in the way! I hadn't really noticed they were in the way before, but I did realize that it wasn't making us pivot in towards each other with our hips apart. It was a much more satisfying embrace. :smooched:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    1.Everyone seems so much nicer, people ask to pump my gas, get my door, random strangers tell me I'm pretty.. It's kinda weird but flattering at the same time.

2. I'm always cold!

3. There is a such thing as being too thin- sometimes like being too chubby it takes a photo to show you.

4. Feeling pretty hot never hurts lol
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great topic!
  • Lizzydedr
    Options
    I lost some overweight friends. I never would have thought in a million years that my friends would abandon me after I lost the weight, but sure enough, they are long gone. :cry:

They were never your friends! good you got rid of dead weight...literally and figuratively...
  • Brandnewme150
    Brandnewme150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.
    ^^
    This I've always got fuzzy socks and a hoodie on lol.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I just posted in another foum topic I've started responding to people when they ask if I'm going to lose much more weight, "We'll see what happens when I stop taking the meth."

But how I respond when people ask me HOW is on my ticker, "It's this crazy fad diet pill called GET UP AND MOVE YOUR *kitten*."

A lot of people don't recognize me or gawk when they realize they know me. I never thought I would get such a reaction.

this is a good thing -don't get me wrong but the one thing that is kind of annoying is the age old question "how'd you do it?" lately i'm tempted to say i've got a dependable drug dealer on speed dial, imagine their reaction???? :laugh:

noone seems to believe me when i say, plain and simple, calorie counting and moderate exercise. they expect me to say some magic pill or method...smh
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    But how I respond when people ask me HOW is on my ticker, "It's this crazy fad diet pill called GET UP AND MOVE YOUR *kitten*."

I love it. Frankly, I always want to tell people, "The only person keeping you out of shape is you. You're choosing this life for yourself EVERY DAY. You get the life you CHOOSE."
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My sex drive went through the roof! I never realized how much my body image and self-esteem affected my libido. But now that I know I look hot, I wanna GET hot, noddamsayin? *Elbow, nudge, wink, wink*

Can't wait for this! My hubs will just Die!!!!
  • LauraJeanG
    LauraJeanG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine has to do with weight loss but with also starting to workout. I have lost a little over two inches around my upper arms. I was driving home from work when I happened to glance down and see a large bump on my arm. I couldn't remember running into anything and it didn't hurt - couple seconds later I realized it was my tricep. Guess all of those push ups my trainer makes me do have paid off!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My armpits sunk in so much. which makes it hard to shave. Its a little weird but don't mind. Never expected it.

Haha funny, but true!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    That muscles don't magically appear when you lose a lot of weight.

I had lost enough weight that I was almost at the undernourished level and I still hadn't gotten rid of my muffin top. Took me a while to realize that lifting weights and regaining a lot of weight was the only way I'd ever be able to get rid of my belly.

At least losing 60lbs with calorie counting has made it second nature so it's no longer an issue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!