What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs prior to joining MFP. The biggest surprise for me was how great it feels not to carry around the extra weight. I love how light and strong I feel. This summer my son wanted me to put up a pullup bar. He asked me to try, too. I've never been able to do one in my life and I did *three*! Three!!!

I ran my first half marathon in November and felt wonderful. Because of weather and the holidays, I had to back off on running the past couple months and ended up gaining a few pounds back. Boy, can I feel them - and I am trying hard to get rid of them again because I know how good it feels without them.
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I never became "attractive". I thought I would. I've still never been flirted with, hit on, or had a drink bought for me the way all my other friends who've lost weight said they had once they lost weight.
    I always thought being slimmer would mean I was automatically going to be good-looking. it was a pretty big eye-opener when that didn't happen.

so i got all depressed about it and gained the weight back
  • peachezncreme
    peachezncreme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I never became "attractive". I thought I would. I've still never been flirted with, hit on, or had a drink bought for me the way all my other friends who've lost weight said they had once they lost weight.

I always thought being slimmer would mean I was automatically going to be good-looking. it was a pretty big eye-opener when that didn't happen.

so i got all depressed about it and gained the weight back

Um, not sure what you are talking about, but the woman I see in your pictures is beautiful!! And I'm not just trying to be nice, either :)
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    One unexpected result was being COLD all the time! Even in the dead of summer, I was always comfortable and barely broke a sweat in the heat of the sun. But winter has been unbearable.

I'm also an attention *kitten* and camera hog now.
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    what a brilliant thread, now that is motivating, I am looking forward to having more stamina, being on top more, having smaller feet, being unrecognisable, fitting into plane seats easily, (and I'm pretending that I won't have baggy skins when I lose all 125lb:)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant after being told I couldn't.

That just freakin' rocks. Congrats to you, truly! Amazing.
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This thread should go on forever! So many things people have said on here are things I've wondered about/hoped might change. I won't get my hopes too high that they'll all happen, but it's encouraging and something to look forward to finding out.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Seatbelt panic..... I don't feel it anymore so I have to check to make sure its buckled multiple times
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Negative: My tailbone REALLY hurts when I sit. Well more when I actually get up.

Yep, I have this problem too.

This, occasionally. But worse for me is the hip bones. Every time I run into something with my hip, I've got at least three minutes of hell coming my way. But...it's AWESOME!

I have to add that laying on my side causes my knee bones to press together and its not comfortable...
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    People not recognising me.

Male attention.
  • anastb
    anastb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a weird moment a few weeks ago when I went to lunch with some coworkers and we all rode in one car. When I was heavier, someone would suggest that I sit in front (because I needed the room, of course) and then three smaller people would squeeze together in the back. Not this time. Apparently I am not "automatic shotgun size" anymore.

That's great!!! :D
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    All my loose skin on my stomach and thighs... I was only overweight for 2 years of my life and it really affected me.
    I didn't think I was that overweight at my largest, but I now have loose skin on my stomach and it's driving me nuts.
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.
    IKR?? I used to laugh at my wife for being cold all the time, now I am bundled up right there with her. Apparently 60 lbs of fat are a good insulator.
    I'm sleeping better.
    Not only did I snore like crazy, everyone that heard me sleep thought I have had sleep apnea. Now my snoring is not so bad and it doesn't sound like I am about to die every few minutes because I stopped breathing. Amazing how much better I feel in the morning with the same amount of sleep.

So many others. Now I have a bony butt. I can feel my tailbone when I do sit ups and crunches. Clothes fit right and I have a much larger selection to choose from. I'm WAY more flexible. Touching my toes, tying shoes, putting on socks, all easy to do now. I never really connected any of these things with being a fat *kitten*. Now I know.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    That my gallbladder was going to have to come out. And what shallow azzh_les people are. Even women were more friendly I have never been invited out so much in my life.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Negative feedback from family and friends.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that guys are looking and holding their gaze on me, whereas before they would glance and then look away because there was nothing exciting going on haha. It's strange but it feels good as long as they don't get too creepy about it.

My friends and family have been amazingly supportive (no jealousy or ill will as I hear about a lot on here) and I wasn't sure what to expect from them.

I feel more comfortable in my own body, so it has really helped my already awesome relationship iykwim.

Oh, and my favorite thing...I can sleep like a normal person now! I don't need rx drugs to knock me out. I think this is a result of eating healthy food and exercising regularly, neither of which I was doing before.
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Jmbean84
    Jmbean84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mine too! I went from 9.5/10 and right now I'm 9 with some 8.5! I was so excited! Lol
    My feet got smaller! Went from a 9/9.5 to an 8.
  • Jmbean84
    Options
    Bahahaha! This made my day!
    since no guys have said it. apparently every 30-40lbs you lose youre little soldier is said to gain an inch.

now, im not sure cause i dont have two yardsticks to properly measure but.....
  • Jmbean84
    Options
    I don't think your face looks old and wrinkled. I think your beautiful and I love your chin! ;) it's perfect!
    I HATE the way my face looks now. I'm so sad about it. I've worked so hard to lose this weight and still have 30 pounds to go and I hate to look at pictures of myself now. I look so wrinkled, old and tired. Everyone else on here looks so much younger and healthier in their after pictures. :-(
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HOLY HELL! If the sex get betters with weight loss I might end up killing my partners. MWAHAHAHA! cant wait.

Anyone else frightened by this?? ^^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!