What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Heartburn gone
    Snoring ended (good for me, great for my wife)
    I wasn't always heavy, so I knew people were nicer/flirtier with me, kind of nice to have that exchange again
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm cold...All the time...But it's a small price to pay.

THIS!!! And I agree with the last part too. I am happy to put on another layer of clothes to stay warm.

M
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight in the past I had a lot more energy.

I lost a cup size (grr!), got colder more often, and my veins on my feet and hands were more visable - which I thought looked disgusting.

I gained back weight due to a bad binge habit.... now I am working on getting back to my goal weight! I'll get there in time. All the support on here helps. \

Love this thread. =)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    its probably just my defeatist attitude, but the compliments i have been getting daily from coworkers is weird to me. not used to it at all
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my personality back. I hadn't quite noticed how withdrawn I'd become- but then the other day at work I was crackin' wise with the boys, and the comment was made several times that they didn't realize how funny I was. It dawned on me how much a little extra weight had turned me into an introvert. I didn't want people looking at me, and if you talk to people, well they tend to look at you during the course of a conversation. Temporarily blinding my co-workers with pepper spray to ask if I could borrow their stapler just never struck me as a good idea...
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    3 of the most suprising things to happen to me.

My Hat size got smaller. (I always assumed my head didn't have fat on it.)

Went from wide shoes to normal width shoes. (Again, I never realized the amount of fat on my feet.)

3rd and most amazing. My Private part/member got bigger. ALOT BIGGER. Weird, but amazing.
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Gracious! I thought I was the only one! I've lost 45 pounds altogether (started with WW) and I have such a hard time shaving my armpits now. On the plus side, shaving my legs is a lot faster since I have lost so much real estate :)

My armpits sunk in so much. which makes it hard to shave. Its a little weird but don't mind. Never expected it.
  • savbentley
    Options
    Well, there's a few.
    -I get hit on by much more attractive people.
    -I get a lot more creepers.
    -I no longer freak out when people try to take my picture.
    -I get excited over vegetables (yes. excited. I love my veggies)
    -I love to cook now.
    -I no longer hate hot weather.

those were more or less what I wasn't expecting/I'm still adjusting to, lol.
  • traciemc
    traciemc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My armpits sunk in so much. which makes it hard to shave. Its a little weird but don't mind. Never expected it.

OMG! Yes! I thought I was imagining things! LOL!

Without doubt, the biggest unexpected surprise for me is people telling me that I am inspiring to them - that one still knocks my socks off :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Being cold more often cause it never crossed my mind that layer of fat was a natural coat. My shoe size going from a 14 wide back to 13.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! So inspiring to read all the benefits. After reading it I'm now hoping that "...excess fat has run over into getting rid of other stuff. Wanting to be more organized and throwing things out that before I held onto. (Like those extra pounds) " happens to me. Sadly just over 40 pounds down and I haven't noticed myself becoming any more organised yet.

The amount I can justify spending on workout clothes has been a bit of a surprise to me...
  • hellmama5
    hellmama5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have lost the same weight twice now. Both times I have been excited about seeing my bone structure. Both times my bra size has changed and both times my husband has had a difficult time keeping his hands to himself--and I can't keep my hands off my hips and neck, either! All great incentives to keep going. This time however, I have noticed that since the weight regain was redistributed differently, the losses have been strangely disproportional, too. That being said, as long as it eventually goes away again, I'll be patient with the changes. Most exciting is the level of energy and strength I have physically and emotionally. I love getting fit!!
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated with clothes. Always thought when I was smaller it would be easier, but now I obsess more about things looking and fitting right.

I also find I always seem to plateau at a half size so I either have something too big or too small. :(
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great thread and looking forward to seeing much of this in myself. Little worried about the being cold bit since I'm cold all the time even with the weight. Does Iron really help?
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, for me finding clothes that fit is actually harder when I'm thinner, especially being a petite size. But it keeps me from spending too much money on clothes! :)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I did not expect that increasing my attention to health and fitness would lead me to other areas of self-improvement. After 20 pounds down, I had a hernia repaired. I'm getting my teeth fixed. I had to buy new clothes - which ironically I wanted to avoid while I was on the gain side of the hill, never occurred to me I'd have to do it on the downhill side. I'm starting to work on my house clutter, throwing stuff away that is useless. Like that. The self-improvement thing gets a life of its own.

Yes! This! It's like, now that I have been using will power and self restraint and have motivation in one area, it is spilling over into other areas of my life. I'm also just less lazy in general.

Also, I am really surprised by how many comments I get. I'm not even "there" yet and I got 4 compliments from coworkers last week alone. It feels good, sometimes a little awkward but it makes me feel good and boosts my motivation to get the last bit off.

I was always cold, even when I was at my heaviest so that hasn't changed.
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    The thing that has surprised me the most is how many people tell me I am an inspiration for them to lose weight.

Yes this ^^^^^
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    My cutest pair of jeans, that I LOVE and wear all the time, are too big and don't look too flattering on me....which I hate. I LOVE that that they are getting too big but the next size smaller is still a little snug in the waist....something I didn't think of, they should make jean half sizes! But where I shop they don't.

Yes! This is me as well. My original goal was to get back into my size 10 jeans as I had been creeping into 12's but now the 10's are loose, and the size 8's are still a little tight.

You can get jeans in odd sizes in the Jrs department in a lot of stores. Penney's for one. I know they have 7's and 9's.
  • marishka04
    marishka04 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!