What is the biggest unexpected surprise after losing weight?

Options

Replies

• penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just curious....for those who have been successful if there is something that has surprised that you never knew or expected would happen? Also, do people in general treat you differently? Are people kinder? Treat you with more respect? Etc...

Nowhere near goal (but getting there, v. V. determined this time!) but my Size 10 sister complimented me last Saturday. She said I looked nice, was I going out? (I wasn't.) My sister *rarely* compliments anyone, not just me. So it felt pretty good, and unexpected.
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I stopped snoring and was able to sleep on my back again
    Being able to walk around on my tippy toes with ease around the house
    Springing into my minivan with ease instead of hefting myself up into my seat (I'm a 4'11 shorty)
    WANTING to go clothes shopping for myself for the sheer fun of it instead of basic necessity
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I lost roughly 50lbs back in 2009 and was just starting to love exercising and was feeling so much better about myself and my unexpected surprise was pregnancy lol. So here I am 3 years later starting all over plus an extra 10lbs but I will get there again.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I find that people treat me differently now. I am not sure how I feel about that really. I am still the same amount of awesomeness I was almost 100 pounds ago :laugh: Strangely, it seems that the smaller I get, the more visible I become. Weird.
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    While it is a not a particularly cold winter here in NC, I have never been colder in my life! I have to bundle up a lot more to keep warm.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    My biggest surprise was that I was saving a pair of pants as my goal pants. When I reached my weight loss goal I had planned a whole outfit around wearing these pants and I was so excited! When I got dressed, guess what - I put them on and they were TOO BIG! I couldn't believe it. I weigh the same thing as when I wore them last but all the exercise has left me smaller at the same weight. I could have been wearing those pants months ago but I thought I was going to be the same size and now they can go to someone who needs a size 10 because I am an awesome size 8.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Not to get too personal or share too much info.

But "it" got longer! LMAO
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound completely ridiculous...but I watch alot of Law & Order SVU lol....

The saying goes "fat people are harder to kidnap" I have a very irrational fear that when I hit my goal weight, I will be easier to kidnap! It scares me a little.

I think being heavier gives me a false sense of security that I could handle myself better in a altercation with a man...not that I've ever had one.

I need to stop watching criminal shows. End of story.
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's truly amazing how much you notice as you continue to lose weight...but I always get..."what happened to you"....you're so skinny! People that I know have actually looked at me and have given me that look..."I know who this person is...but I can't figure it out"! I also get.."you look just like your daughter now"! My daughter is 31 and people always say she looks just like me! I have two level of steps in my condo and I am able to actually run up and down them! Shoe size, ring size, bra size, even my watches....all have decreased. But I guess the most surprising thing to me is how many people come up to me and say that I am an inspiration to them to try to lose some weight and if I can help someone because I took the initiative to take control of my weight, that is a fabulous thing!!!
  • tressieazbill
    tressieazbill Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How small my boobs got! Lol Not use to them being only a B cup
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I'm not a fat ***** anymore! As in, in traffic when someone is pissed at you, justifiably or not, and you are fat, the first thing they yell is "Fat *****!". That hasn't happened in a good long while, and no, my driving is exactly the same as it always was.

And I'm not invisible, although how a 300lb woman can be invisible is beyond me. But yeah, people SEE me know. It's kind of weird and I got really freaked out for awhile when I would go into stores and clerks would TALK to me. On purpose. I was used to being ignored. Sometimes I would look around wondering who they were talking to. "Oh, you mean ME?"
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I get hit on once in awhile, nice feeling :smile:

Hey baby, what's your sign? Hope it's not "do not disturb."
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Life has improved in every way shape and form you can imagine. The only down side is I lost ALL my boobs!! hahaha

I'll take that over being fat again any day though!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How small my boobs got! Lol Not use to them being only a B cup

I'm with ya girl!!!

Went from 36C to 34A!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My 30 pounds over were well distributed on a tall body, so there were no real surprises. Yes, the skin sags a bit, but I expected that. The surprising part is however that nobody notice I have lost weight, but I have people doing doubletakes when they see me, trying to figure out why I look so good now. They tend to conclude I have a REALLY good hairdresser!

:)
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I did not expect that increasing my attention to health and fitness would lead me to other areas of self-improvement. After 20 pounds down, I had a hernia repaired. I'm getting my teeth fixed. I had to buy new clothes - which ironically I wanted to avoid while I was on the gain side of the hill, never occurred to me I'd have to do it on the downhill side. I'm starting to work on my house clutter, throwing stuff away that is useless. Like that. The self-improvement thing gets a life of its own.
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My junk has like an extra inch if not 1.5 inches through losing the weight :D

^^^ this haha
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I'm only 1/3 of hte way through my 120+lb loss, but some pleasant surprises:
    -How quickly I walk, and the fact that I can walk quickly beside another person and carry on a conversation. I used to hate my walk across campus, because undoubtedly, someone would ask me a question, and I'd be huffing and puffing and embarassed to answer.
    -I sleep all the way through the night now. And I wake up without joint pain. (Muscle aches are a different story, of course. I revel in them!)
    -I care so much more about what I look like now. I style my hair every morning after years of the "pony tail rut", and have even worn makeup on occasion -- something I've never really done before.
    -I used to suffer from depression and anxiety, and my entire outlook on life seems to have changed. I love to go out and be social now, love to challenge myself to new things...
    -I can bound up the stairs and run down them without any problem. My obesity used to cause terrible chronic knee pain and I not only had to go slowly, but hold on to the railing as well. No more!
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My armpits sunk in so much. which makes it hard to shave. Its a little weird but don't mind. Never expected it.
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have noticed that getting rid of excess fat has run over into getting rid of other stuff. Wanting to be more organized and throwing things out that before I held onto. (Like those extra pounds)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!