3 day Military Diet?

Options
1235»

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The only Military diet is the one when you are IN the military during boot camp. Then you are required to choose one food from each food group at every meal. This is then followed by copious amounts of Physical Training (sometimes extra if the platoon is being punished for something) in between meals. Don't forget to add in the fact that you required to run everywhere you go. Repeat this daily for 8-11 weeks and you are guaranteed to loose weight and tone up. Trust me, I know. Been there done that, got the uniform to prove it.

That said, quit trying to take a shortcut and do it the right way.

^^^this^^^
  • Thepinkdaisy
    Options
    The only Military diet is the one when you are IN the military during boot camp. Then you are required to choose one food from each food group at every meal. This is then followed by copious amounts of Physical Training (sometimes extra if the platoon is being punished for something) in between meals. Don't forget to add in the fact that you required to run everywhere you go. Repeat this daily for 8-11 weeks and you are guaranteed to loose weight and tone up. Trust me, I know. Been there done that, got the uniform to prove it.

That said, quit trying to take a shortcut and do it the right way.

Haha. Love this answer. And it makes sense.
  • kperez79
    kperez79 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just finished the 3 day Military Diet. Lost 7 lbs in 3 days this time and last time 9 lbs. It is a great starter but if you dont stick to just the food for those 3 days you will not loose as much!:bigsmile:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 3 day Military Diet. Lost 7 lbs in 3 days this time and last time 9 lbs. It is a great starter but if you dont stick to just the food for those 3 days you will not loose as much!:bigsmile:
    Wh9jL.gif
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3 day military diet ... I think that was the first week of bootcamp where they worked us out 20 hours a day and let us eat for 3 minutes at a time

O...MG... So this!^^^^
    I remember those days back in Air Force boot camp. We had to drink 3 8oz glasses of water with every meal. I'm positive that's where my hatred of water stems from.

Why did you have to drink that much water with your meal?

Mainly because I was going through Basic Training in San Antonio, Texas during March-May. It's hot & the TI's didn't want us passing out from dehydration. Also, those of us on the "Chunky Monkey" program (which included me) had to watch everything we ate because we couldn't go past a certain weight depending on our height and age. So, drinking those 3 glasses of water before each meal helped fill us up and we didn't each as much solid food.
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    O...MG... So this!^^^^
    I remember those days back in Air Force boot camp. We had to drink 3 8oz glasses of water with every meal. I'm positive that's where my hatred of water stems from.
    I remember on day 15 standing in formation and some rainbow nearby, when asked by a TI where he thought this was, said "boot camp sir." Bad move. Not as bad as screwing up your reporting statement though. :laugh:

:laugh: "What are you reporting on, Airman? The weather?!"
    Geez, I remember those days.

Why did you have to drink that much water with your meal?
    Because people don't drink enough and pass out.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    This thread again? How stupid are people?
  • nattalie
    nattalie Posts: 1
    Options
    You said you worked out also. You probably gained muscle, don't go by the scale. Go by the measurements.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This same question was asked on 23 May from someone else who saw it on Pinterest. Here is the link to that thread...where basically the same answers were given...but they had more gifs and pics :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/997486-military-3-day-diet
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in the military and I've never heard of a military diet. Unless you are going to the Chow Hall every day or eating MRE's which could be very fattening.
  • szaranaqvi
    Options
    I've done it you do get hungry allot even though it said not to I ate saltine crackers when I got hungry it said 5 crackers and i had like 20, also I don't do tuna I had chicken. I lost 6 pounds, also who cares what people on here say if u can't give yourself 3days just stay fat! i mean ull know in 72hrs, so just do it! I didn't follow to the T and I did like 60 hours 2.5 days and still lost 6 pounds
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Just curious what is the 3 day military diet is that where you fast 3 times a week