I feel sorry for women

Options

Replies

• joyzeejay
    joyzeejay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000-3000 cals a day and still drop weight if I'm not careful. I get tired of eating so much!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Lawlz.

I eat the same as the OP to maintain, sometimes more.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000-3000 cals a day and still drop weight if I'm not careful. I get tired of eating so much!!

I could never ever eat this much without severe eaters guilt! You must do a lot of training.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    haha nah your not overreacting... i have been on maintenance for about a year and a half now and am allowed 1400 for maintenance (5 foot tall).. sometimes it gets me a little sad (not sad but couldnt think of proper emotion) at dinner w/ friends they are getting appetizers and dessert w/ their meal and i'm making healthier choices due to not getting in a workout but then i look in the closet at the adorable clothes hanging and go shopping in the Jrs section for a size 0-2 and all that dreaming of the dessert disappears lol you get used to just eating healthier and large portions make ya physically ill. It gets easier w/ time but is daunting at first!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you would feel sorry about them. It is their choice to go through the day hungry. As a woman, I can tell you that you don't need to eat so little to lose weight. When I was at my highest, I was losing weight eating an avg of 1600.
    Today, I am under 120 and I I need to eat close to 2000 to maintain and around 1800 to lose 0.5 pound / week.

If anything I feel sorry because of the wrong information some women like to believe/follow.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Yes. it is depressing and i feel sorry for us too! lol I truly do. right now i'm eating 1650 and exercise so i can eat more than that. a day. Sad thing is..this is a huge improvement to the 1200 I used to try and eat and the crazy fad diets that are really starvation diets.

Mfp is actually a godsend now that i've learned i can eat my exercise calories back..it makes life good again. Right now I can't wrap my mind around the i can actually eat over 2000 when i get to maintenance..it will be a dream come true.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'd feel sorry for me if that's all I could eat.

Thankfully, you have no idea what you are talking about!

actually he does... us shorties are allowed very low calories on maintenance. I'm 5 foot and 112 (mid range for BMI) and am allowed 1440 a day.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I need to net at 1220 to lose - don't have much to lose and am not too tall (5'6"). It's doable because I bike everywhere.
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When i first started "dieting", i did the whole 1200/day thing bc i didnt know any better. I have a desk job but I also work out including weights so now I eat around 1650-1700 a day to lose. And I'm 5'3" :) Works just fine for me! :drinker:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    male, working construction, 2400 cals a day?

You must be like 140 lbs...
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm losing netting 1200, if I plateau then I'll switch to TDEE -20%. Honestly, most days I have a hard time meeting my goal if I haven't eaten any junk food. I wouldn't know how to consume more healthy calories other than eating half a jar of peanut butter

I totally agree with this. I'm probably netting around 1000 or 1100. I only go over when I eat junk. When I stick to healthy food, I am so full. But I am short-ish (5'4'') and only have around 15 pounds to lose. The people who say they eat a lot more than me seem like they either started out with a lot more to lose and/or have a lot more muscle than me. I am trying to build muscle, but it seems to be taking awhile!

If I didn't workout and kept eating out and ate processed food, 1200 calories net would be impossible...
  • millipedey
    Options
    Try being a very very short woman who needs to eat less than 1200 for maintenance and can only lose weight very very slowly because of needing such a massive calorie deficit in comparison :(
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well looking at what I used to eat I maintained 170 llbs eating close to 2600 cals a day and I only exercised once a week belly dancing which isn't particularly strenuous. My fitness pal seems to think I needed 1800 to maintain that weight. I tried to stick to 1200 net cals and I lost 10 llbs in 3 weeks even though I went over some days which is obviously not sustainable so I have upped my calories to 1400 and I might well up further if can still lose

So judging by that I think that MFP can vastly under-estimate how much people should be eating (but I think it over estimates exercise calories).
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lol, If I eat only 1200 I get soooo cranky. literally like this ... :grumble:

1400 is a good aim and I am adorable if I eat that much. AND I still lose weight :D
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    1200 is the absolute baseline. Anyone in an active job needs more. Even people in desk jobs need a little more. I'm unemployed so yeah, I eat 1200. I feel sorry for me, too. You're welcome to send a sympathy card! :laugh:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'd prolly feel sorry for myself if I ate 1200 on a daily basis. But I dont. I'd rather you feel sorry for my tootsies after walking around in high heels for a day.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I would be so cranky if I only got 1200. I get 1760 before exercise. I'm sort of stuck at 150lbs, though. Trying to break through with harder training.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    I mean this in the most genuine sense and only as it relates to weight loss. I hear all the time in these forums how women need to eat 1200 calories to lose, and 1400-1500 to maintain, etc. I am at maintanance right now, I work construction, and I lift and do cardio 3-4 times a week. Therefore, I eat about 2400 calories / day. I can't imagine looking into a future of eating only 1400 calories a day for the rst of my life in order to maintain my goal weight. Maybe I shouldn't feel so bad becasue women's bodies just don't require as much fuel, but I can eat 1400 calories after 6pm without blinking an eye. Does this depress any of you guys as much as would me, or am I overreacting?

We don't need your pity. I maintain at 2100 average and can't imagine working construction and eating only 300 calories more than that.

Edit: That's NET 2100. So, yeah, I eat more than you.

This!!
  • kerr319
    kerr319 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 cal a day and its really not bad! 200 cal breakfast (cereal, coffee), 400-500 cals for lunch and dinner and then if I work out that day I can usually have 300-400 cals in extra snacks that I usually use on lattes or a glass of wine. I still eat chocolate and fries if I want them, just in a small amount. I feel totally satisfied. Don't feel bad :)
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I read on the news that they bleed from their hoohahs once a month too. Suck to be them, right?!?!