you know you are losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    When jogging/walking on a hot day, you're no longer embarrassed to pull your shirt off and tying it around your waist to finish your jog. Until this week, I left my shirt on no matter what, but it gets really hot an humid down here at this time of the year regardless of what time of day it is, and ripping your shirt off beats trying to finish your jog is a sweat drenched shirt.

another reality for me was just looking at my shadow when I'm walking/jogging. It looks very different than 3 months ago.

oh, and then there was the other night at a party and one of my friends looked at me and said, (and this is an exact quote as I remember it) " dude.........bruh............................bruh............dude". Somehow I knew he was trying to tell me that I lost a lot of weight since he last saw me although he didn't articulate it particularly well.
  • princesspurple
    Options
    when you go to the clothing store and pick up a full carriage worth of clothes in a certain size and then start trying them on and they are all too big on you!:)
  • princesspurple
    Options
    when you go to the clothing store and pick up a full carriage worth of clothes in a certain size and then start trying them on and they are all too big on you!:)
  • princesspurple
    Options
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    When your low rise jeans become high rise jeans.

I feel your pain on this one! all my jeans look ridiculous. I cant wait until i have the money to replace them!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    When your co-workers tell you that you really need to buy some new pants that don't look like saggy drawers and then give you a bunch of gift cards for your birthday that aren't to Lane Bryant like the year before!

LMAO!!!! I am rolling on this one!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When you actually fit into a top properly which not only your bf loves, but also gifted to you 4 years back :)
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    when you have to stop your pants from falling past your bum to the ground whilst running across the street (oops!).
  • shannie_lou
    shannie_lou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am laughing to the point of tears with all of your weight loss experiences!

My experience: When you can slip into a sundress w/o spanx and feel firm and phenomenal!
  • cviertha
    cviertha Posts: 32
    Options
    Ditto to all of the above! Now I have an interesting one: I'm in my nightgown ready for bed and I'm sitting on what I think is wad of fabric from the nightgown. Upon further investigation, I realize it's the large bone at the lower end of my spine. That strange wad on my butt is bone I'd never felt before! LMAO! :laugh:
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    when your slightly crude coworker tells you that you are "as tiny as a motherf*cker"
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    1. riding on my JD lawn mower and there is all this room on the seat....AND, b/c of the mower safety feature, when I hit a bump or dip in the yard or stop/start suddenly, I am 'lifted' off the seat b/c I am thinner now.... SO the mower stops! Happens all the time now!

2. sitting on the couch or at my dinner table I am able to pull my knee(s) up to my chest, and it's comfortable!

3. when my bra isn't on the last connector...it is on the tightest....and still too big around!

4. doing crunches, sit ups I realize my belly has gotten smaller/flatter!
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    when you have to clean out your closet because only 10 of the one-thousand shirts actually fit.

^ i'm about to do that now. it sucks. clothes aren't cheap! D:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    When I can no longer sit in the chair and rest my arms on my belly - in fact there is nothing there to rest them on! :bigsmile:
  • emilysparey
    Options
    i have one of those stupid thin shower/bath tubs and when i first moved into my place i had to literally squeeze into the bath tub to sit....i only noticed last night i actually have room to move and even questioned myself whether i was sitting weirdly...after alot of swishing i came to the conclusion i actually was smaller...yay i fit in my stupid skinny bath!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    When you notice almost all your slacks you've been wearing to work are now considered "pooh-pants"... The slacks I wore 3 months ago that fit really well, although a little tight at the tummy are now sagging in my legs & butt and anything but tight in the tummy! All my bras, while they fit nicely (without back-boobs) are too big in the cup and I can wear a low cut shirt and I have a really nice chest shape (apparently, with my smaller boobs the low cut tops actually look sexier since it doesn't look like ballooned fat on my chest).
    Plus, just for fun, I decided to try on some of my pants & shirts I could wear 2-4 years ago... HOLY COW THEY FIT AGAIN - of course most of them are too high-waisted so will have to be replaced :tongue: ! And as I type this, I am wearing one of my fav T-Shirts that I am so happy I did not throw out 2 years ago: it is a size "S" Disney Thumper cap-sleeve T-shirt, and it looks really cute :tongue:
    And when you go to scratch your neck & realize there is a definite distinction between your neck, chin and jawline... Who woulda thought :laugh:
  • peetysgirl
    peetysgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    when you start to see your collarbone. and that you realize you have jaw bones not just flesh
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    When you are chased across a parking lot by a complete stranger so that they can stop you to tell you how pretty you are. :blushing: It happened to me Saturday night.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    When your low rise jeans become high rise jeans.

I feel your pain on this one! all my jeans look ridiculous. I cant wait until i have the money to replace them!

I have to roll my pants down at the waiste in the front because I cant not stand to have my pants on my belly. And they en dup falling down on the waste anyways and then causing that bulge that make you look like you have junk where you shouldnt lol
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    When you can see your toes when standing straight up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!