Any gentlemen on these forums?

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Yep, they're minding their own business and staying outta the forums.

When they do post, they're drowned out by the legions of batsh!t insane women complaining about their unsupportive boyfriends / husbands / casual hookups / male pets, and the 90-page echo chambers that result.

'OMG GURL HE DIDNT COMMMENT WHEN YOU LOST .5 LB THATS EMOTIONAL ABUSE U SHOULD DIVOROECE HIM RIGHT NOW PLENNY OF FISHH IN DA SEA'

Snicker:wink:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Not many on tonight. They're all posting stupid stuff to see which topic gets either locked or pisses people off first. :grumble:

Mmmm-hmmmm....
  • Mustang_Susie
    I would say I am intelligent, secure and don't need to try and "prove" my manhood, but I am sure many people may disagree.

Why?

To answer why would indicate that I feel the need to prove myself.

Hmmmm...
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Let's face it. There aren't many true gentlemen left in the world.

I try to fit that bill. I think (judging by the reactions of people I know), that I do a decent job of that.

I've got nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I hold doors open, let ladies go first, respect my elders, respect those younger than me, value honesty and can give a firm handshake and look you in the eye.

Some people think they are too good to act this way. Hence, they act like morons.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Who are intelligent, secure and don't need to try and "prove" their manhood?

So if one of us gentlemen say yes to all the above, does that make it true because it's on the Internet?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    dont really understand why this is something of importance on a weight management site?
    No more important than the "Marry, One night stand or REJECTED!" thread you participated in, right? :huh:

heh
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Let's face it. There aren't many true gentlemen left in the world.

I try to fit that bill. I think (judging by the reactions of people I know), that I do a decent job of that.

I've got nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I hold doors open, let ladies go first, respect my elders, respect those younger than me, value honesty and can give a firm handshake and look you in the eye.

Some people think they are too good to act this way. Hence, they act like morons.

Are you single? :flowerforyou:
  • I have met many people on here, even if they a 'trying to prove their manhood', It is good to listen because they do have lots of good advice too. You need a variety of people to help out on this journey whether you think they are mature or not. People offer different things based on their experience.

Yes, but cannot advice be dispensed without crudeness?
    There, I responded to a female.

Yes and no. I type how I talk. That is just how some people talk out in the nonforum world.

IMHO, a sad reflection of our society

It has always been around, it is just becoming more mainstream. Unfortionately you have to take the good with the bad with this one...or take nothing at all.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Mom says I'm a gentleman. Fiancee says I'm an *kitten*.

They argue about this a lot as I chop down trees and kick puppies while satisfying several women at the same time with my gargantuan manhood. All 20 of my platinum VIP credit cards get maxed out and paid off each month, and I rescued 13 children from an imminent and horrible death last night on my way home from my gig as a male stripper.

So say what you want, but I'm pretty sure I'm a gentleman! ;) LOL
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Gotta say it. There are tons of gentleman on in this world and on this board.
    If you don't see that, I'm sorry.

But I'm pretty sure if you come off like some bitter woman, that's certainly not exactly going to call out the knights in shining armour.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Mom says I'm a gentleman. Fiancee says I'm an *kitten*.

They argue about this a lot as I chop down trees and kick puppies while satisfying several women at the same time with my gargantuan manhood. All 20 of my platinum VIP credit cards get maxed out and paid off each month, and I rescued 13 children from an imminent and horrible death last night on my way home from my gig as a male stripper.

So say what you want, but I'm pretty sure I'm a gentleman! ;) LOL

I think I love you, sir.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    I'm a chick, but I can be your gentleman.....just let me get my strap-on....(Not to use, of course. Just to fulfill the "gentleman" bit, mind you.) Using it would be course and vulgar. We certainly wouldn't want that.

*applause*
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Bitter much?
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    look as she ignored the females posting in her forum and continues on babbling about nonsense.
    perhaps instead of pestering men, she should be spending time with this husband who is smart and apparently already a gentleman.

my two cents.

*NODS*

These^^ And to the OP, why would you be worried about other men if you are married? Bored much?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    But seriously though, it is easier to say you're a gentleman than to actually be one.

This. Most men who proudly and loudly proclaim how "gentlemanly" they are are usually the ones who could benefit from a long sit-down with their old-school Nana. Show me, don't tell me.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Some of the nicest guys are on here. I have yet to meet a single jerk on here. I love the MFP guys!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Hello.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    thinking if there are - they may not be posting in forums, lets see where this goes :wink:
  • I would say me, but I was just called an *kitten* by a female friend
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Some of the nicest guys are on here. I have yet to meet a single jerk on here. I love the MFP guys!!

OOH YOU'RE FROM GILBERT?? ME TOO!!!