Any gentlemen on these forums?

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    "A gentleman is one who never offends unintentionally."
    So, can a gentleman offend intentionally and remain a gentleman?

Also, how does offending another without intention disqualify one from being a gentleman?

One cannot please everyone all of the time. It's impossible.

I think Wilde intended his words to be tongue in cheek...

^^ Yes, and something "someone" should consider when reading thread posts . . .
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    There are a few good guys on here from what I have seen ... but you know this isn't a dating site right? lol

Just seen your married so now I am really confused lol don't let the guys here affect you! Some are *kitten* and some are awesome. I am not trying to be a ***** ... i'm just saying.
  • The term Gentlemen doesn't quite mean what it did 100 years ago. I know for certain that Lady is quite different - haha. I think it only means "of the female gender" nowadays - LMAO :drinker:

I think the creator of this thread is referring to those sex, buddy or whatever to whoever's above you threads?...or maybe the men showing off their thongs? They do seem kind of popular, don't they? :laugh:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    There are a few good guys on here from what I have seen ... but you know this isn't a dating site right? lol

Well ****. There goes my weekend.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    I have no issues with them showing how big and bad they are.

I suspect you'll be getting quite a few private messages shortly.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member

Just seen your married so now I am really confused lol don't let the guys here affect you! Some are *kitten* and some are awesome. I am not trying to be a ***** ... i'm just saying.

Is that what we're calling it? "Dating"?
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    look as she ignored the females posting in her forum and continues on babbling about nonsense.
    perhaps instead of pestering men, she should be spending time with this husband who is smart and apparently already a gentleman.

my two cents.

:)
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    I've got a phd and I squat 500+... What was the question again?
  • Mustang_Susie
    I have no issues with them showing how big and bad they are.

I suspect you'll be getting quite a few private messages shortly.

Well, the straight face in your profile pic and your dry (clean) wit is amusing...
  • Mustang_Susie
    I've got a phd and I squat 500+... What was the question again?

Funny guy
  • TracyBarrett81
    TracyBarrett81 Posts: 24 Member
    I agree with the above post. If you are married why ask that?
  • I have met many people on here, even if they a 'trying to prove their manhood', It is good to listen because they do have lots of good advice too. You need a variety of people to help out on this journey whether you think they are mature or not. People offer different things based on their experience.
    :

Yes, but cannot advice be dispensed without crudeness?
    There, I responded to a female.

Yes and no. I type how I talk. That is just how some people talk out in the nonforum world.

IMHO, a sad reflection of our society

It has always been around, it is just becoming more mainstream. Unfortionately you have to take the good with the bad with this one...or take nothing at all.

Just looking/hoping for a little more good

Eh, plenty of good and honestly all the really nice guys I found on the ratings forums! :laugh
  • becfrogs
    becfrogs Posts: 39 Member
    But seriously though, it is easier to say you're a gentleman than to actually be one.

Is it "prove-able"?

Well, I think it's proved through actions.

agree.......I think guys that show they truly care and respecct people are true gentlemen. It's always nice to have doors opened and chairs pulled out. It's little gestures like these that show a guy is a sweet caring person.
  • anyone who loses 44 lbs should not ever be questioned
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Careful. There are CATFISH out there
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    It's easy enough to block and not add people you don't want to interact with, so I don't see why it matters whether there are gentlemen on the forum.
  • Mustang_Susie

A married woman shouldn't expect to be treated like a lady by gentlemen in our society?
  • Mustang_Susie
    But seriously though, it is easier to say you're a gentleman than to actually be one.

Is it "prove-able"?

Well, I think it's proved through actions.

agree.......I think guys that show they truly care and respecct people are true gentlemen. It's always nice to have doors opened and chairs pulled out. It's little gestures like these that show a guy is a sweet caring person.

:smile:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member

A married woman shouldn't expect to be treated like a lady by gentlemen in our society?

Yes.
    Just like any male or female deserves to be treated with respect. Something that you haven't done AT ALL in this thread.
  • Mustang_Susie

Yes.
    Just like any male or female deserves to be treated with respect. Something that you haven't done AT ALL in this thread.

In what way?