Any gentlemen on these forums?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Lots of nice guys of ok cupid around here. They're gentlemen who will be nice to you... but don't cross them or disagree with their misogyny! You know your place. :laugh:

YOU used misogyny correctly in a sentence. You are a winner in my book.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Gentleman are nice...I'm not nice enough for them though :laugh:
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    People can't handle my SNARKY attitude. I don't let it stop me. I do my Tae Bo exercises by the free weights section. I'm not scared of those "gentlemen" and their spandex shorts. We ALL know they stuff them with balled-up socks. Right, girlz?! Im dishng up the SNARK tonight, boys!
  • My gentleman left with my ex wife. Now I am a bitter late 20's man.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    But I'm pretty sure if you come off like some bitter woman, that's certainly not exactly going to call out the knights in shining armour.

I was hoping for the knights who say nee.

Only if you can cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring

I'd do it with my manhood, but that might be trying to prove something.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    If I had a dollar for every private message I got with a "gentleman"'s wiener in it... :noway:

Sorry, I will stop

I think this is a myth. I've yet to get one of these PMs.

Lol me either ... I must be doing something wrong... If I knew what it was I would do it more often
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Let's face it. There aren't many true gentlemen left in the world.

I try to fit that bill. I think (judging by the reactions of people I know), that I do a decent job of that.

I've got nothing to prove to anyone but myself. I hold doors open, let ladies go first, respect my elders, respect those younger than me, value honesty and can give a firm handshake and look you in the eye.

Some people think they are too good to act this way. Hence, they act like morons.

Are you single? :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Eye contact speaks volumes:smile:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    If I had a dollar for every private message I got with a "gentleman"'s wiener in it... :noway:

Sorry, I will stop

LOL:laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    tumblr_mg66vc3GnT1rjcfxro1_500_zps0e532a38.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i know. i can't stop watching that either.
  • whierd
    Gentleman are nice...I'm not nice enough for them though :laugh:

:laugh:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    internet-serious-business.jpg
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    dont really understand why this is something of importance on a weight management site?

^^ badda bing.
  • whierd
    Now I'm curious. Do women view gentleman as being weak, willfully or sexually?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    But I'm pretty sure if you come off like some bitter woman, that's certainly not exactly going to call out the knights in shining armour.

Lol if you could I am pretty sure that would prove something
  • Mustang_Susie
    Who are intelligent, secure and don't need to try and "prove" their manhood?

So if one of us gentlemen say yes to all the above, does that make it true because it's on the Internet?

No, but I guess I would accept Internet manners and integrity.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

tell them there is a group for that sugar.
  • whierd

Sorry, I will stop

I think this is a myth. I've yet to get one of these PMs.

Lol me either ... I must be doing something wrong... If I knew what it was I would do it more often

:drinker: :laugh:
  • Mustang_Susie
    I have met many people on here, even if they a 'trying to prove their manhood', It is good to listen because they do have lots of good advice too. You need a variety of people to help out on this journey whether you think they are mature or not. People offer different things based on their experience.

Yes, but cannot advice be dispensed without crudeness?
    There, I responded to a female.

Yes and no. I type how I talk. That is just how some people talk out in the nonforum world.

IMHO, a sad reflection of our society

It has always been around, it is just becoming more mainstream. Unfortionately you have to take the good with the bad with this one...or take nothing at all.

Just looking/hoping for a little more good
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    dont really understand why this is something of importance on a weight management site?
    ^^ badda bing.
    As important as the "Curb Your Enthusiasm/Seinfeld" you participated in the other day, sweetheart.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member

Lol if you could I am pretty sure that would prove something

It would prove that I'm not lying on the Internet. Course, it can't be a lie, because it's on the Internet and you can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true. *shuffles feet* Yeah, that's the ticket. I has to be true. LOOK!! OVER THERE!!! AN ALIEN!!!!