WEIGHTLOSS STOP after only one week

Options

Replies

• sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    snapper this was one day, and i calculated all of them in my calories per day. so i am good. i still didnt get over 1700.

uhm... some people still dont understand. i am dieting now for 3 weeks, not one. and i still eat less calories than the BMR allows me to.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you have 9kg to lose? You really need to be patient
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    yes, 9kg was my plan. i am down 4 now. so 5 more kg s to go ;)
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    snapper this was one day, and i calculated all of them in my calories per day. so i am good. i still didnt get over 1700.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that your problem was eating the cookies. There's nothing wrong with treats and cheat days and the like now and then. What caught me was the perceived motivation behind eating them. It was like they were a coping mechanism "I didn't get a weight loss this week, so I'll eat some cookies and they'll make me feel better". While that might be true, it can easily become a pitfall, particularly when weight loss starts to slow down later on.

I hope that things start to turn around for you and the weight starts coming off. Keep it up. It is a slow and steady road, but you'll get there if you have the will power.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    snapper i thought you meant it the other way round.
    i know the motivation was gone these 5 minutes... but as someone who just started again 3 weeks ago, its just hard to keep the motivation up.
    thanks for the advice though.
    i really try to stay strong, and in these 3 weeks, i only had 2 failures. one of them (the cookie one) i tried to readjust with less calories the rest of the day.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Don't give up after a week!
    Are you also exercising as well?
    I starting watching what I eat and starting exercising, it took 3 months before I saw my first pounds drop off! THREE MONTHS!! Talk about wanting to give up, I was there.

BTW ... as I was working out I was building muscle and muscle weighs more and you need to build muscle before you'll be able to lose weight. Another thing stop weighing yourself ... work out ... you'll find your clothes become loser and you are losing inches before you will lose weight.

Your body also goes into a starvation mode when you do not feed it enough and will hold on to that weight so be sure you are eating enough and that you enter your food (ALL food) and your exercise each day.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    lambchristie, its been 3 weeks now, not one!!!
    and i dont exercise, i walk as much as i can, take stairs, walk longer ways, no shortcuts etc.

my clothes arent any looser, not at all. is that only because i dont exercise??

and no, starvation mode doesnt start after such a short time. thats wrong information.
    plus i get at least 1200kcal a day, that wont make me starve.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    lambchristie, its been 3 weeks now, not one!!!
    and i dont exercise, i walk as much as i can, take stairs, walk longer ways, no shortcuts etc.

my clothes arent any looser, not at all. is that only because i dont exercise??

and no, starvation mode doesnt start after such a short time. thats wrong information.
    plus i get at least 1200kcal a day, that wont make me starve.
    Are you positive you're logging everything properly? Are you weighing your food? Instead of choosing the lowest cal option in the database, maybe pick a higher one. I believe this is one of my problems and why I plateaued. I wasn't being honest with myself when logging my food. I honestly thought I was eating at my calorie limit, but in reality I was going way over on a regular basis. Not saying this is your problem, but it's a real possibility.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    yes i m pretty positive about logging my food, i rather log more than not enough, cuz i had that before, where i lied to myself and didnt log the food.
    but good idea, i had this before ;)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    nvm, misunderstood OP.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    missunderstood what?

and wth does OP mean? is that me?
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Keep eating well, keep exercising. Weight will fluctuate some, it will drop, it'll stay the same, heck it might even go up a few. Stay the course it'll all even out to safer weight loss. 8 pounds in one week is insane and likely just water.

Good luck stay with it. That said, its my own personal opinion and not directed to you as an individual, but for anyone to get this frustrated with a weight loss stall but is still not exercising baffles me. Unless you have something medical that prevents it, then you should exercise! Is it absolutely required-no. is it absolutely recommended-yes!

Eta: autocorrect spells words correct, but its not always the right One!
  • mcannw
    mcannw Posts: 12
    Options
    did you continue to lose after that?
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    mcannw i am still stuck (since almost 2 weeks)
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    oh, and i dont exercise... i work nights, office-job, but i have to get up and walk around a lot, plus the restroom breakes every other hour or so cuz of the lots of water that i drink ;)

oh and excuse my language mistakes, i am german ;)

I sympathise with all this - I have been eating really well for three weeks - no sugar (except fruit), very little alcohol (only when out for dinner) and a little below TDEE calories - all whole foods etc. lost 5lbs the first week, then ... Nothing. I started feeling depressed about it but after reading posts on MPF am feeling calmer - even if I lose no weight at all I am making a healthy change, and e truth is I am eating so much better than I was that I HAVE to lose weight in the long run. Must give our bodies time to adjust.

Also, like you, I find it very hard to find the time to exercise. I know that I need to make the time, but at the moment I think maybe the dietary changes are enough of a big change - exercise will come!

So, I am trying to be patient, and be kind to myself. And to just keep up e good work!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    missunderstood what?

and wth does OP mean? is that me?

Yes. OP = Original poster/original post. I misunderstood and have nothing constructive to say so I edited my post, sorry for any confusion.
  • sabimausl85
    Options
    bgardiner, thanks. finally someone who understands me ;)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    oh, and i dont exercise... i work nights, office-job, but i have to get up and walk around a lot, plus the restroom breakes every other hour or so cuz of the lots of water that i drink ;)

oh and excuse my language mistakes, i am german ;)

I sympathise with all this - I have been eating really well for three weeks - no sugar (except fruit), very little alcohol (only when out for dinner) and a little below TDEE calories - all whole foods etc. lost 5lbs the first week, then ... Nothing. I started feeling depressed about it but after reading posts on MPF am feeling calmer - even if I lose no weight at all I am making a healthy change, and e truth is I am eating so much better than I was that I HAVE to lose weight in the long run. Must give our bodies time to adjust.

Also, like you, I find it very hard to find the time to exercise. I know that I need to make the time, but at the moment I think maybe the dietary changes are enough of a big change - exercise will come!

So, I am trying to be patient, and be kind to myself. And to just keep up e good work!

Often getting more active and even getting to the point of exercising comes as a person loses weight. Just remember weight loss is more about calories than exercise. The exercise helps to maintain your health, and in the case of strengthening exercises, maintain your muscle mass.
  • sheenalafrance
    Options
    make sure that you have a cheat meal at least once a week to shock your system and that will help with another drop in your weight ....... and do not eat to many fruits and this is because fruits are high in sugar and your body doesnt know the difference between sugar in fruits or in chocolate bars...eat more veggies and lean proteins and it will work ...hope this helps and keep up the good work and dont get to frustrated ....
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    all this is so mean... i had to eat 4(!!!) bisquits today for breakfast cuz there was just nothing on the scale...
    i think i need some motivation... i want to loose 10 more pounds until may... this is make-able! but not with this D*** stop :(

why do these stops happen? any ideas?

Start taking measurements. If you need motivation I am sure that will give it too you. I am only down 4lbs but 16 inches