Giving popcorn flavour without calories?

Options
12346»

Replies

• amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Garlic salt on popcorn is amazing. If you're one of those people who are careful about watching their sodium, then try just garlic powder. It tastes so good; trust me. But I guess you have to like garlic for you to like such a thing, lol.
  • ROBJ3411
    ROBJ3411 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    They sell flavor shakers in the popcorn section . I believe they are 0 calories. like cheddar cheese, nacho cheese.

I have used those, they do a pretty good job for cheese popcorn, Im pretty sure they are like 5 calories and not zero, but pretty close to nothing....
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    bump
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I've got an air-popper (you know, you put the kernals in and they come out as popcorn!) but I find after a couple of mouthfuls I'm just bored with eating it. Good in a way, but if I've specially mad a healthy snack I'd like to eat it!:bigsmile:

Anyone have any ideas for adding flavour (savoury preferred) without piling on loads of calories? I asked this question on another forum (not diet-related) and all people came up with was adding loads of butter/oil, or cheese, or chocolate, or sugar........

And if I could portion it into ziplock bags without it going bleugh I could take it to work:glasses:

One word answer: SALT
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    drizzle honey on it. get some farmers market local honey if u can....... 64 calories a tsp will sweeten alot of popcorn. its sticky, but dang its good
  • brohio2013
    brohio2013 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump...thanks!
  • jolenelf
    jolenelf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Smoked paprika and garlic! One of my favorite snacks!