<snip>
    (Day 11 smoke free, by the way!)

That's wonderful! :smile:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

And... now I need to go clean my kitchen. :wink:

I know how you feel! :laugh:

Ever since I started this, I have dishes filling the sink every time I turn around. It used to be take-out 5 nights a week and microwave meals right out of the tray...
    Now I have measuring cups and spoons, pans, tupperwares for portioning leftovers...

oh well, at least doing dishes has me on my feel instead of on the couch like I used to.
    I used to watch 3 or 4 hours of TV a day, but in the last 2 weeks it's been barely one!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    My goals are to eat around 1400 cals per day. drink 12 glasses of water and exersize 6 days a week. I currently walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes 5 days a week and I do a minimum of 25 minutes on the Wii 6 days oer week.

Way to go on the smoking. I am on day 116 of smoke free. Gotta love it.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    drinking my water is a challenge every single day. last week i made some unsweetened decaf iced tea because i just knew i wouldn't be able to get my water in. i work out 4 days a week at the gym and try to either go walking to get a few minutes in doing something on the 3 days i'm not at the gym. i think a challenge would be great!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    As long as I feel motivated, I'm pretty good with my diet and exercise. I've been in a bit of a slump this winter. So, I'm trying a "diet" to get some motivation back. I think that having something structured right now will help me snap out of my funk. I'm following the flat belly diet. I'll normally be striving for 1600 calories a day, although it is only 1200 for the next few days. I will be exercising 6 days a week. This will include a daily walk and alternating days of strength training and stretching. I will not be eating back exercise calories because that isn't how the program is designed.

I'm always up for a challenge!!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hi there, HPers! Happy Monday!

I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't get any walking in yesterday. The only nice day of the weekend was yesterday, and I was in a 5-hour board meeting and then had 4 hours of work to do, so I guess I have an "excuse" but I could have gotten up earlier!

Working two jobs and having a 45-min (one way) commute to work makes it difficult for me to get in my exercise. I've been wearing a pedo and focusing on getting at least 10,000 steps a day - and I walk during my lunch and after work if I have time. Saturday was just yucky, though, very cold and windy. Yesterday was gorgeous, but you can see above I didn't get to take advantage of the weather, unfortunately....

I have been struggling with the eat/not eat the exercise calories. The last two weeks, I have eaten my exercise calories - or at least half of them - and last WI I actually had a loss. But I've now been at the same weight for two weigh ins. I think this week I"ll NOT eat those exercise calories, and hope that the greater caloric deficit will spark a loss. My base caloric intake is supposed to be around 1460 cals a day. If I go less than that, I stall out completely.

My exercise goal for this week is to get 10,000 steps every single day this week.
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Did anyone see the abc family Harry Potter weekend? I noticed a bunch of scenes I have never seen in all of the movies. I was able to see a bit of all of them and all of Order of the Phoenix. I didn't do anything else useful though. Ohwell, there is always today.

I need to figure out an exercise time that I can commit to. I work full time and have activities monday and wednesday nights. This isn't too bad, but I stay up way too late, then want to sleep extra in the morning, and when I do have personal time, I just sort of sit and vegitate.

How can I get motivated? If I could plan on seeing Alan RIckman in person, that might do it. I wonder if any of the stars will be present when the Wizarding World park opens. I might be able to get excited about that, except for the heat of Florida.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    How can I get motivated? If I could plan on seeing Alan RIckman in person, that might do it. I wonder if any of the stars will be present when the Wizarding World park opens. I might be able to get excited about that, except for the heat of Florida.

are you planning a trip to go to the park???
  • madgoth
    Options
    Yes, I live close enough to drive (10 hours) and I have a friend who lives there. If she hears those particulars for the opening of the park, I will be down there in a flash. If not, I will just go in the fall when its cooler. I can't take florida in the summertime.

Incidentally, I met Alan in NYC when he was in Private Lives. He is so exceedingly nice.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options

And... now I need to go clean my kitchen. :wink:
    Ever since I started this, I have dishes filling the sink every time I turn around. It used to be take-out 5 nights a week and microwave meals right out of the tray...
    Now I have measuring cups and spoons, pans, tupperwares for portioning leftovers...

Yes -- this is me to a T!! :laugh:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I need to figure out an exercise time that I can commit to. I work full time and have activities monday and wednesday nights. This isn't too bad, but I stay up way too late, then want to sleep extra in the morning, and when I do have personal time, I just sort of sit and vegitate.

How can I get motivated?

When I started exercising back in December, I was getting up at 6:00 a.m. -- I prefer morning workouts, because it gets it out of the way and I can go about my day and not worry about it (even though I'd rather get the extra sleep :laugh: ). Unfortunately, my downstairs neighbors got annoyed at all the noise so early, and I had to switch to the evenings right after work (I, too, work full time.) It's not ideal, but it works. I get home, change into my workout clothes, pop in my Power 90 DVD and go. Then I have my recovery snack, shower, fix dinner, do dishes/pay bills/etc. and then can relax with the hubby for the rest of the evening.

It makes for shorter evenings, so I've learned to prep really simple dinners -- I can throw chicken into a baking dish (for the hubby) just before I hop in the shower, then I still have time to throw some quick cooking brown rice or wheat pasta on the stove, chop up some veggies or salads, and grill some tofu or heat up some edamame for me -- I also do a lot of sandwiches with salads/ raw veggies and fruit on the side, or dairy (laughing cow cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, small whey powder shake with skim milk), crackers, fruit and veg. Really easy, and fresh for spring/summer.

There are a lot of days when I just don't "feel" like exercising... but there's a saying that goes along with the Power 90 program: Just press play. So that's what I do. I press play, 6 days out of 7. And I feel good.

I guess my advice would be, find something that makes you feel good -- something that you WANT to do. Be it walking, doing a fitness DVD, riding your bike, going to the gym, taking a dance class, swimming -- find something that you like. Because if you don't like what you're doing, it only makes it that much harder to get motivated. Maybe commit to 10 minutes a day. That's all -- just 10 minutes. Try that for a week, and see how you feel. Then the next week, go for 15 minutes. Jog in place while watching your favorite TV show; do jumping jacks in your bedroom; something -- anything -- that gets your heart rate going. Try a variety of activities until you hit on something that you think you'd like doing on a regular basis -- then DO IT. Press play, in whatever way works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • madgoth
    Options
    Thanks, good suggestions. I just now walked upstairs rather than riding the elevator. I have asthma so it isn't the leg work, it is just hard to breathe when I get to the top. But I did it and I will try to do that everytime I come upstairs. Summer is better because I get the yardwork done with no problem.

Just DO it, like they say in the advertisement.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Thanks, good suggestions. I just now walked upstairs rather than riding the elevator. I have asthma so it isn't the leg work, it is just hard to breathe when I get to the top. But I did it and I will try to do that everytime I come upstairs. Summer is better because I get the yardwork done with no problem.

Just DO it, like they say in the advertisement.

Good for you, hon -- that's great! :drinker:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to really join the group per se but I love reading the posts. I don't have any weight to lose.
    And...I did watch the marathon this past weekend. :bigsmile: Must say that I prefer the novels over the movies...but what can ya do.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I'm not going to really join the group per se but I love reading the posts. I don't have any weight to lose.
    And...I did watch the marathon this past weekend. :bigsmile: Must say that I prefer the novels over the movies...but what can ya do.

You're certainly welcome to hang out!! :smile: And I completely agree with you regarding the novels -- books are pretty much always better than the movie (not counting "novelizations" of films). Nothing quite beats the ol' imagination. :happy:
  • madgoth
    Options
    Books are the best. But I like the actors they picked for the characters. They all fit fairly well with who I had in mind. But I have to admit that I was likely influenced by the movies when I started reading the books.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Books are the best. But I like the actors they picked for the characters. They all fit fairly well with who I had in mind. But I have to admit that I was likely influenced by the movies when I started reading the books.

I also think they did a good job with the movie cast -- really brilliant actors. The only film I saw previous to reading the books was Sorcerer's Stone.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all! It's mid-week and the thread has been fairly quiet the last day or so... how's everyone progressing?

I feel good about my diet and exercise so far this week. There's been at least one day that I wasn't quite up on my water as much as I would have liked, but I'm back on top of it now and I'm planning to stay on top of it.

Has anyone else run into any challenges/issues so far this week?
  • madgoth
    Options
    I have been drinking extra water and it has increased my tinkling by three! Luckily I love water, better than any other drink. But it is getting to be annoying to have to pee all the time. :drinker:

Excuse me whilst I go right now.

:huh:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I have been drinking extra water and it has increased my tinkling by three! Luckily I love water, better than any other drink. But it is getting to be annoying to have to pee all the time. :drinker:

Excuse me whilst I go right now.

:huh:

Yes! I completely understand this! My husband will not stop teasing me about my frequent bathroom visits. :laugh: