Harry Potter: DH Part 1 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking extra water and it has increased my tinkling by three! Luckily I love water, better than any other drink. But it is getting to be annoying to have to pee all the time. :drinker:

Excuse me whilst I go right now.

:huh:

Your body will adjust...I drink at least 64 ounces of water a day...I only go pee now 4-5 times...when it used to be at least once an hour. lol.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i am so bad with drinking my water! lately i've been drinking flavored seltzer inbetween water - i find it easier to drink something that has a flavor to it!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

I noticed yesterday that I had gone back to drinking ALL coffee and Diet Pepsi - so easy to fall back into old habits! So I am back to having one Diet Pepsi a day, no coffee, and the rest of the time water water water! And I feel like I"m chained to the bathroom, LOL - I know it will eventually go away when my body gets used to the water again, but jeez! I'll probably rack up 5000 steps just going to the bathroom!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    i am so bad with drinking my water! lately i've been drinking flavored seltzer inbetween water - i find it easier to drink something that has a flavor to it!

Easiest thing to do without adding artificial crap is to add slices or limes, lemons, oranges, apples, strawberries, cucumbers, or mint...tastes great but no artifical sweetners or calories.

Ohh...and I bypasted the candies on my coworkers desk (full of Easter goodies-reeses eggs, cadbury creme eggs, mini chocolate rabbits)...so so hard...I'll have a truffle when I get home and I'll be good.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing to do without adding artificial crap is to add slices or limes, lemons, oranges, apples, strawberries, cucumbers, or mint...tastes great but no artifical sweetners or calories.

This is the most fabulous idea I've heard all day... I must give this a try. :smile:
    Ohh...and I bypasted the candies on my coworkers desk (full of Easter goodies-reeses eggs, cadbury creme eggs, mini chocolate rabbits)...so so hard...I'll have a truffle when I get home and I'll be good.

Good for you! For Valentine's we had BAGS of those little candy hearts... I had a few, I'll admit. Easter will be easier for me, because I've stopped eating chocolate all together (can't handle the caffeine... even a little over time makes my heart race.) I find that fruit makes a pretty good alternative to candy -- and fruit tastes better and better the healthier I eat, which is a win-win in my book. :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Checking in!

Start weight: 180.8 (30 lbs to goal)
    Mar. 26: 179.4 (-1.4)
    April 02: Mini goal: 178.8
    April 09:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Mini goal: 175
    May 07:
    May 14:
    May 21:
    May 28:
    June 04: Mini goal: 170
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 02:
    July 09: Mini goal: 165
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    Aug. 06:
    Aug. 13: Mini goal: 160
    Aug. 20:
    Aug. 27:
    Sept. 03:
    Sept. 10:
    Sept. 17: Mini goal: 155
    Sept. 24:
    Oct. 01:
    Oct. 08:
    Oct. 15:
    Oct. 22:
    Oct. 29:
    Nov. 05:
    Nov. 12:
    Nov. 19: Final Goal Weight 150!!

Checking in early -- the hubby and I leave tomorrow morning for a 5 day vacation in San Diego. I'll be trying to eat as healthy as possible, but we're staying with his granny and I don't know what food options will be available. I won't be doing any official exercise, but we will be doing quite a bit of walking which I hope will counter-balance any extra calories I consume. Wish me luck! :wink:

Be back next Wednesday! I hope everyone has a great weigh-in tomorrow!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Checking in!

Start weight: 180.8 (30 lbs to goal)
    Mar. 26: 179.4 (-1.4)
    April 02: Mini goal: 178.8
    April 09:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Mini goal: 175
    May 07:
    May 14:
    May 21:
    May 28:
    June 04: Mini goal: 170
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 02:
    July 09: Mini goal: 165
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    Aug. 06:
    Aug. 13: Mini goal: 160
    Aug. 20:
    Aug. 27:
    Sept. 03:
    Sept. 10:
    Sept. 17: Mini goal: 155
    Sept. 24:
    Oct. 01:
    Oct. 08:
    Oct. 15:
    Oct. 22:
    Oct. 29:
    Nov. 05:
    Nov. 12:
    Nov. 19: Final Goal Weight 150!!

Checking in early -- the hubby and I leave tomorrow morning for a 5 day vacation in San Diego. I'll be trying to eat as healthy as possible, but we're staying with his granny and I don't know what food options will be available. I won't be doing any official exercise, but we will be doing quite a bit of walking which I hope will counter-balance any extra calories I consume. Wish me luck! :wink:

Be back next Wednesday! I hope everyone has a great weigh-in tomorrow!!

Sounds like a great plan. Mine is more of a gym routine...how much time on treadmill at what intervle/incline, how long on the ski machine (if that's the right word for it), Jump rope, weights-how many reps at what weight?...it's kind of nuts.
    Have fun! My hubs and I are saving for a trip to Alaska.
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Have a great time in San Diego!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    How was everyone's weekend?
    I didn't keep up with the cals (I have 'free' weekends).
    I did however have to go buy a new HDMI cable...not happy about having to spend $40 on a new one. Something happened to the one in my husbands game room (he uses a 40 inch tv for a computer screen, lol) so he's been using the cable from the main tv in the livingroom...which means my daughter and I haven't been able to watch any movies and I finally got fed up with it. I hate spending money on stuff that's not essential. Before anyone jumps on me about the size of the tvs-it's because we had a tree come down and the power surge took care of the old tube tvs we had...so we got new tvs (and since the no longer make tube tvs-we got to upgrade for free).
    But after I got the new cable in...we watched Ponyo and Howl's Moving Castle (we're huge Miyazaki fans).
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    Can I just say how I chuckled when I saw the first line of this thread is that you were inspired by the Twilight Eclipse challenge? :D

And I'm in .. though I have to get back to you on my goals. I've fallen off the wagon (again - grrrr) and need to re-evaluate what's been working, what isn't working & create a workable plan that I can stick to without feeling so overwhelmed that I fail.

Can I get back to you on the details??
  • madgoth
    Options
    I read today that Harry's Wizarding World opens June 18th. Is anyone going to be there? I am considering it, since it is almost my birthday. I am afraid if I don't go, they will have Daniel, Rupert and Emma down for the opening. Or Alan. I would just die if I missed seeing him! I think I could be inspired to lose 20-30 pounds by then. I want to find out what the plans are.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I read today that Harry's Wizarding World opens June 18th. Is anyone going to be there? I am considering it, since it is almost my birthday. I am afraid if I don't go, they will have Daniel, Rupert and Emma down for the opening. Or Alan. I would just die if I missed seeing him! I think I could be inspired to lose 20-30 pounds by then. I want to find out what the plans are.

I plan on going (just after a few months or so)...I couldn't handle the crowd when it opens (it'll be worse than the midnight showings, lol).
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in! I have been a HP fan sence book 4 came out. My wife tells me I have gotten a little too much into the HP fandom, but hey that just me. I have read all the books more time then I can count, and many many more sci/fi books.

My goals are
    CW: 257
    5/1: 250
    8/1: 230
    11/19: 210
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Does anybody no if they are hiring at the Ministry of Magic? I have gotten to the point a fantasy job would be better than no job :laugh:
  • madgoth
    Options
    I don't know about the MOM, but they were recently hiring for the Wizarding World theme park in Orlando. Wouldn't that be a neat job, to dress up and play Harry Potter for the tourists?! :laugh:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Can I just say how I chuckled when I saw the first line of this thread is that you were inspired by the Twilight Eclipse challenge? :D

And I'm in .. though I have to get back to you on my goals. I've fallen off the wagon (again - grrrr) and need to re-evaluate what's been working, what isn't working & create a workable plan that I can stick to without feeling so overwhelmed that I fail.

Can I get back to you on the details??

Welcome to the thread! :smile: Feel free to post your goals whenever you're ready.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I would like to join in! I have been a HP fan sence book 4 came out. My wife tells me I have gotten a little too much into the HP fandom, but hey that just me. I have read all the books more time then I can count, and many many more sci/fi books.

My goals are
    CW: 257
    5/1: 250
    8/1: 230
    11/19: 210

Welcome! :smile:
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back from my vacation -- got back into town at 2 a.m. last night after making a side trip to West Hollywood to visit with my brother, which was awesome and much too short!

I tried watching my diet, and made some good decisions -- and some pretty bad ones (pizza, Denny's, ice cream, and fries) but apparently all of the walking around sightseeing compensated because I lost a lb from last week! I am at a loss to explain it -- but I'm not complaining! :laugh:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :drinker: