Harry Potter: DH Part 1 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...sounds like you had a great time! Spring Break is this upcoming week for my daughter...we're planning on doing some hiking and camping...we'll see.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    welcome back and congrats on the success while you were gone!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Start weight: 180.8 (30 lbs to goal)
    Mar. 26: 179.4 (-1.4)
    April 02: 178.4 (-1.0)
    April 09:
    April 16: 2 week mini goal: 176
    April 23:
    April 30: Mini goal: 175
    May 07:
    May 14:
    May 21:
    May 28:
    June 04: Mini goal: 170
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 02:
    July 09: Mini goal: 165
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    Aug. 06:
    Aug. 13: Mini goal: 160
    Aug. 20:
    Aug. 27:
    Sept. 03:
    Sept. 10:
    Sept. 17: Mini goal: 155
    Sept. 24:
    Oct. 01:
    Oct. 08:
    Oct. 15:
    Oct. 22:
    Oct. 29:
    Nov. 05:
    Nov. 12:
    Nov. 19: Final Goal Weight 150!!

I'm very pleased to have met my 2 week goal today!

I've been working the last couple days on getting my diet back on track. I plan to start back on my Power 90 program on Sunday. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first of 2 appointments to replace a poorly-fitting crown, and will be wearing a temporary for the next 2 weeks. I'm not supposed to chew on it, and my mouth is still pretty sore from all the poking around, so I'm on a bit of a liquid/soft foods diet for at least the next couple days. It hasn't been difficult getting in my calories, but I find I feel a lot less sated on liquids/soft foods -- I think maybe it's because they digest more quickly than more solid foods? Anyhow, it's not so bad.

I can't wait to see how everyone else has fared this week!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I love magic.

CW 173.5
    4/1 goal 170
    11/19 goal 145

I am quoting my post of my goal.

So I weighed in this morning at 170. woo hoo made my goal. my next goal is 165 on my anniversary (first) 5/02/10
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I'm in. I love magic.

CW 173.5
    4/1 goal 170
    11/19 goal 145

I am quoting my post of my goal.

So I weighed in this morning at 170. woo hoo made my goal. my next goal is 165 on my anniversary (first) 5/02/10

Awesome job!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i forgot to post on Friday! cw is 230, next goal is 228 by 4/16. congrats to everyone!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing great!
    I didn't go to the gym like I had planned over the weekend...but it was Easter and that's more important than an hour or two at the gym anyday. I'll just do an extra 30 minutes tonight doing weights.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I haven't gotten back into my exercise program since being home from my San Diego trip. I had planned to start yesterday, but I forgot about Easter. :laugh:

Tonight I'll get my cardio in for sure.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I FINALLY got off my butt and got in some exercise yesterday. I couldn't face Power 90, so I threw a Leslie Sansone DVD in the player and did 3 miles, but instead of just walking I threw in jogging in place, jumping jacks and jump rope. Was a much more interesting workout. :laugh: I think my body was really craving some exercise, because I had been so tired and sluggish I couldn't even make it in to work yesterday (I seriously thought I was coming down with something) but as soon as I exercised I felt 200% better.

Also, I just discovered Fage greek yogurt. It is SO yummy! I've had greek yogurt that tastes very much like sour cream, which definitely has it's uses -- but fage has a much gentler flavor, less tart, more like cream cheese. Throw in some berries and drizzle a tsp of honey on top... or toss the whole lot into a blender... TOO good. :tongue:

So -- how is everyone's week going?
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Checking in!

April 09: 177.6 (-0.8)
    April 16: 2 week mini goal: 176
    April 23:
    April 30: Mini goal: 175
    May 07:
    May 14:
    May 21:
    May 28:
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 02:
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    Aug. 06:
    Aug. 20:
    Aug. 27:
    Sept. 03:
    Sept. 10:
    Sept. 24:
    Oct. 01:
    Oct. 08:
    Oct. 15:
    Oct. 22:
    Oct. 29:
    Nov. 05:
    Nov. 12:

Sprained (or broke?) my darn pinky toe yesterday rushing through the office in sandals. Which ultimately means no exercise until it's healed. The last two days my diet has been atrocious (hubby wanted to be fun and spontaneous and surprise me with dinner... which ended up being pizza, the BANE of my existence) and I will NEED to clean that up if I'm not getting in the exercise.

I've come too far for a set back now! :smile:
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Count me in and this is perfect for my sister "Merckert"...she has been on and off lately but I am going to call her and tell her that now she needs to come back to MFP! She is in love with AR...paints her toenails green in his honor and actually bakes a cake on his birthday!

D

Hi Everybody!

I've read all your posts and this is the group for me!

Let's just pretend I own a time-turner and used it to join a month ago. :laugh:

My sister speaks the truth, I really do have a thing for Severus Snape, he's just so ....snarky! From the first book, I was enthralled. I guess you could say he "bewitched my mind and ensnared my senses." :love: I really am a Slytherin at heart, and he's just so disciplined, commanding, and deliciously sarcastic!

I have been MFP friends with Minerva and suggested this group to her as well! We had goals set up for HBP this past year and it was really fun and motivating!

To be perfectly frank, I've been a hormonal mess for a couple of months - I've had some weeks in there where I've done great, and then I have the rest of the time! :grumble: I've not yet had the courage (read: not a Gryffindor) to step back on the scale, but will -and adjust my ticker accordingly (how humiliating)

I'm so glad to be here! I was beginning to think Minerva and I were the only ones. :heart:

My goals for this next week are to exercise daily and drink my water. I wish I did live in the the HP Universe - I bet they have a potion, spell, or charm for weight loss - well, that doesn't really explain Slughorn, Crabbe, Goyle, the Fat Lady, or the Fat Friar for that matter....

Thanks Mande_G for starting this!
  • rjadams
    Options
    so glad you posted. I had lost the thread. I am ahead of schedule for my mini goals and I have been challenging myself to workout about 60000 calories per week. You know I never actually read the first two books. I think I may have to read them all before the movie comes out. Have a great day all.
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Count me in and this is perfect for my sister "Merckert"...she has been on and off lately but I am going to call her and tell her that now she needs to come back to MFP! She is in love with AR...paints her toenails green in his honor and actually bakes a cake on his birthday!

D

Hi Everybody!

My sister speaks the truth, I really do have a thing for Severus Snape, he's just so ....snarky! From the first book, I was enthralled. I guess you could say he "bewitched my mind and ensnared my senses." :love: I really am a Slytherin at heart, and he's just so disciplined, commanding, and deliciously sarcastic!

I have been MFP friends with Minerva and suggested this group to her as well! We had goals set up for HBP this past year and it was really fun and motivating!

To be perfectly frank, I've been a hormonal mess for a couple of months - I've had some weeks in there where I've done great, and then I have the rest of the time! :grumble: I've not yet had the courage (read: not a Gryffindor) to step back on the scale, but will -and adjust my ticker accordingly (how humiliating)

I'm so glad to be here! I was beginning to think Minerva and I were the only ones. :heart:

My goals for this next week are to exercise daily and drink my water. I wish I did live in the the HP Universe - I bet they have a potion, spell, or charm for weight loss - well, that doesn't really explain Slughorn, Crabbe, Goyle, the Fat Lady, or the Fat Friar for that matter....

Aw, you're quite welcome! :flowerforyou: It's good to have you along!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    My goals for this week: Get in 6 workouts (Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, days 7-11), drink at least 12 cups of water per day (Vegas weather is getting warmer and drier, so water is becoming even more important), and NO cheat meals for the next 3 weeks (hubby's graduation is coming up, as is my birthday, and we will have lots of family in town, which will likely equal eating out or barbecuing at the in-laws. Either way, I DO plan on celebrating both occasions with a nice meal.)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Hello everyone. It's been a while since I was on, it's been a weird past few weeks. My goals for the week are to get in at least 8 hours at the gym and to take the dogs on a a daily walk.
    Hope all is well with everyone.
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options

D

Hi Everybody!

Merkert you were right! This is inspiring! Now that spring birthday parties and wedding showers are "behind" me (and the cakes are totally making my behind huge!), I can concentrate on losing the weight. I seriously have to get into this cool dress for my neice's wedding in June, much less for the MOVIE!!!! I wish I could make the Theme Park this year but alas, I cannot. Maybe next year!
    I'm in!
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well with two weeks left before my May 1st mini-goal I am only ONE pound away!!!! :)
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Checking in!

April 09: 177.6 (-0.8)
    April 16: Didn't check in
    April 23: 174.0 (-3.6)
    April 30: Mini goal: 173
    May 07:
    May 14:
    May 21:
    May 28:
    June 11:
    June 18:
    June 25:
    July 02:
    July 16:
    July 23:
    July 30:
    Aug. 06:
    Aug. 20:
    Aug. 27:
    Sept. 03:
    Sept. 10:
    Sept. 24:
    Oct. 01:
    Oct. 08:
    Oct. 15:
    Oct. 22:
    Oct. 29:
    Nov. 05:
    Nov. 12:

I apparently forgot to weigh in last week. :laugh: Anyhow -- I'm pretty happy with my progress recently. Tonight I'm going with the hubby to a graduation dinner -- going to make sure to get in some extra cardio today to make sure I have enough calories to cover. I know the restaurant will be offering a vegetarian meal selection, but I don't know WHAT specifically it will be. I plan on eating reasonably, but also enjoying myself: going to drink water with lemon, have a dinner salad with lemon and lime wedges instead of a dressing, enjoy half of my entree and box the other half (unless it's steamed veggies or something reasonable like that), and even have some desert.

I'm keeping breakfast and lunch each around 300 cals, which should be enough to satisfy me until dinner while leaving a good amount of calories -- that plus some extra cardio should give me a good cushion in case I underestimate my portions or decided I want to indulge a little. :smile:

How's everyone else doing? :flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    Options
    I've had a good week and I got down to my May goal. I have one more week to blow it out of the water. but tonight I celebrate with a big ol glass of vodka and I don't care if I end up going over calories today. I earned it!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I will practice magic tomorrow tonight I party!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    I've had a good week and I got down to my May goal. I have one more week to blow it out of the water. but tonight I celebrate with a big ol glass of vodka and I don't care if I end up going over calories today. I earned it!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I will practice magic tomorrow tonight I party!

Everyone needs to let their hair down once in a while -- sounds like you DEFINITELY earned it, hon! Enjoy yourself. :happy:

Isn't it great to get to the point where you know you can indulge in something -- and that it wont completely throw you off your game? You work hard, earn a reward, enjoy it, and get right back to the work. :drinker: