Has anyone lost weight eating less than 1200 calories a day?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    To the person who questioned my post....Yes, well, I'm 60 and my metabolism HAS slowed.... By all calculations my maintenance intake is 1500 a day and that's what I'm doing and I'm maintaining just fine. You do realize, EVERYONE is different... what works for one person won't for another. I'm very happy for you at 44 (and 45) that everything is just rolling along smoothly. Get back to me in 15 years, ok?
  • MsDover
    Options
    If I eat 1700 calories a day I'd be mooing in no time. Sorry, but especially when you get older and your metabolism slows, your caloric intake to lose weight or to maintain it is much different than when you are younger.

The whole 'I eat less because my metabolism is slow' is like the double dip recession. You are only going to make your metabolism slower.

Eat more. Exercise more. Lift heavy. Net 10-20% below TDEE. Lose weight.

I wonder if anyone bothered to read my entire post.... I kept 70 pounds off for FIVE YEARS... regained 17... and have now lost that as well. I am doing just fine, thanks.
  • MsDover
    Options
    If I eat 1700 calories a day I'd be mooing in no time. Sorry, but especially when you get older and your metabolism slows, your caloric intake to lose weight or to maintain it is much different than when you are younger.
    If only moo moo moo moo moo you'd understand moo moo moo moo moo.
    wtf?

WTF indeed.....
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a question - with all the talk about "eating 1200 calories"... are you guys talking about eating 1200 APART from any excercise (therefor netting lower than 1200, as in eat 1200, exercise 300, net back to 900 total), or are you talking about eating over the 1200 and then exercising enough to net back to 1200?
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    Yes. I find if i eat that much i never lose any weight, i'm always below my calorie goal and lose between 2 and 5 pounds a week.
  • KMae85
    KMae85 Posts: 1
    Options
    iv gone through and looked at a bunch of these comments. . . . idk if im out of place stating my comment, but im gonna post it anyways. . .

GUYS i have a freaking eating disorder!! when it was bad i was down in the 80's and im 5'2". . . i ate 500-800 cals a day and exercised a bunch. . . seriously?? yea you can lose weight eating that much. but honestly, DON'T! its not healthy and all of you know that. wanna know how to lose weight and be healthy and look good? eat over 1200 cals and exercise. don't starve your self. you gain it all back immediately and you feel tired and horrible all the time. it messes with your brain. and looking skin and bones is not attractive. don't fall into that. its miserable, do jenny Craig or something don't starve your self.
This discussion has been closed.