CALLING ALL TALL GIRLS!!!!

Options

Replies

• radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Tall and getting LEAN (my dream)! (smiles)

I'm little taller than 5'8" and i'm currently weighing about 208 with my final destination of weight loss (the big picture) I hope to weigh in at 167! That's about 42 lbs of excess weight GONE! This will certainly be a challenge for me and I've been working hard at it since last year, shortly after having surgery (fibroids remove). I LOVE to cook tasty foods and bake sweets! My biggest down fall is I am not a good dieter, which I've never really been big on fad dieting. At the moment, i'm counting calories and just started walking at least 15 minutes at least 4 days a week! Actually doing a total body fat slimming training. Sorry, i do not have any pictures at the moment but hope to post some in the future! REMOVING THE OBSTACLE!
  • fitbyfaith75
    fitbyfaith75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Another tall girl here. I am 5'9 and currently in the 230's my goal is 175-180. I hope to reach it this year! I can't wait to post an after picture. I started my wellness journey in 2010 and have managed to lose and keep off 50 pounds. I just started a MFP account so that I can knock out this next 50lbs. My ticker reflects what I need to lose to get to ONDERland. Small goals make it seem doable to me. I am getting older and the weight is not coming off as easy. I keep pressing because I know that everyday that I choose to live healthy will one day lead to awesome benefits.

I wish you much success on your journey. Feel free to add me too everyone. I could really use the support.

Tall girls rock!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    There's a group for tall women that has a lot of cool stuff on it. I can't find the link right now because my work computer hates me BUT if you search it, you'll find it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/109-tall-women
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" :)

Heaviest weight was 267 lbs (I think both before pics were actually taken at 10 lbs lost too! ahh!!) Current weight is 205.6 lbs. The swimsuit pic was taken at about 214 lbs and the denim mini was a few days ago :)

35lzwqs.jpg

av6hk1.jpg
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5

I've always thought of myself as 'tall' but I guess that is widely debatable? Well anyways I think I'm on the taller side so I hope that this helps. An eleven pound difference.

This is me at 161.2 pounds May 2012

011uWmr.jpg?1

This is me at 150 pounds August 2012

7bhLvqS.jpg?1
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This made my day!! I' 5' 11" and have never seen anything devoted to we lovely long legged beauties:smile:

I spent my formative years developing an unhealthy relationship with food, like cotton candy and soda for breakfast kind of relationship. I ate like a lumberjack and exercise was a dirty word, but had a genetic background and undiagnosed thyroid issues that left me VERY thin.

Fast forward a few years, I've given birth to 2 children, gone through a lot of ups and downs in my personal life, those genes had caught up with me, my thyroid condition had been addressed and I was still eating crap and leading a much less then active lifestyle.

At my heaviest I was about 180, that was a year and a half ago.I began working with a great trainer, keeping a food diary, and setting real goals. After somesould searching and hard work, I started feeing better and looking better came quickly after that.

I got to 137 and 18% body fat, but now I'm back up to 151 and have lost some lean muscle mass. My ideal would be in the 140 17% body fat range. Bear in mind though that how you feel is SO MUCH more important then the number on the scale. Being healthy comes before being a size 2. Also, measurements are a better indication of progress then numbers on the scale.

Anywho, I'm on fairly frequently so please feel free to add me!
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 5"9 my goal weight is 180lbs. I am currently 228, I look pretty good at 228 I have never been stomach heavy. I just got wider. Starting weight 8/20/2012 was 285-290lbs, gained 30lbs in the last 2 years of marriage. Tall women carry our weight different people never believed me when I told them I was almost 300lbs......

You are so right!!! non of my family and co-workers could believe I was 276lbs...
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and about 10 lbs away from my goal of 145 lbs. I might re-evaluate if I want to drop lower once I get there. I'm not really that concerned with scale as much as with how my clothes fit. I want to be a solid size 6 in most jeans, right now I'm mostly 10 some 8s, of course long seams :laugh: I'm pretty committed to this so you or anybody else feel free to add me.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'10" and am currently stuck in the 225-228 range - have been for over a year regardless of what I eat or do for exercise.
    My slimmest was 165, and my ideal is 175-180 as I have a fairly broad frame and wide hips.
    Luckily, I'm pretty well distributed, but really need to reduce my BMI and get under 200 ASAP, but in a way that I can truly maintain.

Feel free to add me!
  • talyn0107
    talyn0107 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently at 252. My thinnest was about 137 and over the last ten years I've gained steadily. I always feel like I try to loose weight but then I catch myself eating the same old crap. I'm hoping being on here and will help keep myself accountable. I loved seeing everyone pics btw. Makes me feel like I can do this too.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    5'10" I want to weigh less than my fiance. He's 185lbs I think somewhere about 160lbs would be great in my dream world, but i dont know if I'll ever get there. I'm 307lbs now.
  • Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". I started at 273, now at 261 after 4 weeks. My GOAL is 180, I know that's still technically "over weight," but that's my goal for now. My husband likes meaty girls. LOL. I can't go waif thin on him.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". Starting weight was around 278, current weight 165 and I am happy where I am. I haven't learned how to post pictures in a thread, but there's a side-by-side in my profile at 277 and 177. My avatar was taken in December and I'm only a few pounds less than that now.
  • LazyDaise
    LazyDaise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 and 5 foot 8. I currently weigh 238 down from 251 and am aiming for 170. My 'perfect weight' is 155 but I'd be happy to be muscly at 170 than skinny fat at 155. Feel free to add me, I'm eating clean, swimming and kettlebell-ing!
  • sarahdawnross
    sarahdawnross Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    (Sorry for links!) If anyone could direct me how to easily upload pictures that'd be great, I'm so confused!

I'm 6'0, 22 years old.

Started at 225 - picture : http://i.imgur.com/tYQXpld.jpg

Here I am at 183 - picture : http://i.imgur.com/5E9RIod.jpg?1

Currently down to 179. Aiming for 165!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and right now I am 193 wanting to get to 160! My highest weight (before joining MFP was 230) and I do carry weight in my stomach!! And face!

Good luck to all you all! Add me if you like I need to get re-motivated after holidays and a cruise :)
  • PoshDinosaur
    PoshDinosaur Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    (Sorry for links!) If anyone could direct me how to easily upload pictures that'd be great, I'm so confused!

I'm 6'0, 22 years old.

Started at 225 - picture : tYQXpld.jpg

Here I am at 183 - picture : 5E9RIod.jpg?1

Currently down to 179. Aiming for 165!

That should work. 6'8 guy here, so I naturally have a fondness for tall people! Keep on going :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS THREAD.

I';m 5 foot 8 or 9 or something. 174.5cm....

I started at 105kg, i'm down to 98, and goaling 80. I've been doing this since the day after xmas, so i'm pretty stoked so far. I have big boobs (E cup) and i don't tend to lose them when i shrink down, so I can't get too thin (been there and i look like lollipop barbie girl). I also like to have some muscles.. Would love some taller ladies friending me too xx
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    I am 5'8'' and veryyy small framed, should probably be about 120 yikes! I currently weight 158/159...feel like I have a long road ahead of me. I have some pictures of me in my profile, the black dress is of me at 176 and the picture of me in the bikini is about 157-160 ish.
  • Vlly4life15
    Vlly4life15 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Dang I am a tall guy does that count for this thread?

6'3 =(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!