CALLING ALL TALL GIRLS!!!!

Options

Replies

• hreu213
    hreu213 Posts: 76
    Options
    Love this thread! :)
    I'm 5'10 and current 174lb, only just in the overweight category, but I feel horrible about myself!
    I was very fit and healthy when I was younger, but when I got pregnant I gained 30kg! (66lb) I managed to lose all of it, but then gained over half of it back again last year :S

So currently at 174lb, my goal is 135 - 140lb - just depending on where I feel good, and I plan on gaining muscle for a fit toned body :)

Feel free to add me! :D
  • carijok
    carijok Posts: 32
    Options
    5'10" here! I swear if I was short I'd be morbidly obese. Ill post my before and after pics when I reach my goal weight of 150. Currently at 178 down from 190. Would love to have more friends on here!
  • kimmmariee
    Options
    I'm 21, 5'9, and currently 137 lbs. I'm not really trying to get to a certain weight (although 130 seems like a possibility), but I am trying to tone up and lower my body fat by a little. Feel free to add me! I need more people to motivate me since I am lazy and tend to make excuses not to work out :)
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5ft 11 , startes at 229lbs, now at 190lbs, target around 170 . Can't post pics right now, but please see my profile :)
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've never considered myself that tall but am 5'8" - currently weighing in at around 236 lbs (107.3 kg) down from 115.8 kg (nearly 255 lbs) which was my heaviest ever (apart from when I was pregnant and that doesn't count!).
    I'm aiming for around the 163 lb mark (74kgs) and will go from there.
    (Once upon a time when I was 18 - I used to weigh around 124 - but I don't think I will ever see that weight again)
    I don't have any pics at the present (don't feel confident enough to post before pictures yet).
    "up top" I used to be around a D cup but after having my boy 6 years ago they "grew" and have settled in at a E-F cup.......at the moment I am losing weight from all over rather than in one place. I average out to be medium framed - large framed on the bottom half (wide feet, thick ankles, and knees etc) and smallish on the top half (small wrists and fingers).

Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend that's in it for the long run!
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5'11" and started at 255. Now at 245 and goal is 190 for now but it seems very very very slow going. I was about 185-190 around the time I got married almost 17 years ago and was wearing a size 14. To never have to set foot in a Lane Bryant or Avenue store again would make me happier than just about anything in the world. I HATE going shopping with friends and having to wander off by myself to the "fat" section; worse yet, not being able to find anything at all that fits me (I'm talking to YOU, New York & Co.!!).

Please feel free to add me as a friend! Need lots of support and motivation :)
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    pics in profile 5'11 sw 334 current weight 295 ish...no where near goal yet but would love friends on the same walk of life. Its rough bieng tall
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11 here. My pics are on my profile - 43 pounds down and holding. From 190 to 147...
  • xxxskinnymodelxxx
    Options
    5'10 here, cw 130 lbs
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    CALLING ALL TALL GIRLS TOO :D lol
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and been working this (more or less) for about a year.

This isn't quite my heaviest, around 226 just over a year ago
    KatNov2011_zps2e981d1d.png

This was earlier this month, a work in progress
    JanProgress1_zpsbc241a4a.jpg

You can do it :)
  • laurynashley1
    Options
    5'8.5" and at my heaviest I was 232 - size 18. I'm now at 206 - size 14ish. My best friend knows that I've lost weight and she's like, you probably weigh the same as me like 180 right? BAHAHA I wish! I would totally be happy with 180. My ultimate goal would be 165 but I don't mind being curvy as long as I'm healthy.

My boyfriend's like why are you trying to loose weight you look perfect. I yelled "DON'T SABOTAGE ME!" He's 6'3" and weighs like 160 and eats like *kitten*. You can't compete with that. I just want to be healthy and be able to shop wherever I want (no offense Torrid).
  • Rjsmith07
    Rjsmith07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BUMP... GREAT INSPIRATION! I AM 5'10 AND MY GOAL IS 145. WILL LOOK BACK AT THIS FOR INSPIRATION.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'9" with a small frame. I started MFP at 147 and am currently at 141. My goals are to improve my health, lower my (currently high) BF% and be able to wear any (preferably, all) of my cute clothes that are hanging in my closet missing the sunlight.

I think MFP is fun! I love tracking and seeing stats. I really appreciate all the shared information and support I see here. The recipe board is fantastic, too!
  • yconston
    yconston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not on here much but I have to subscribe to this thread because if I didn't know any better, I would think that I wrote it myself, LOL.

#1 I too "enjoy seeing EVERYONES success pictures, but I rarely see any tall girls here."

#2 I too "am almost 5'9 (Well, actually I'm almost 5'10)

#3 I too am on "my Upteenth Start Over..."

#4 I too, "need some motiivation".

Imma try to do better in logging in on here everyday hoping that it would help keep me accountable and motivated.
  • nienes
    nienes Posts: 10
    Options
    hello everyone!
    I'm tall too.. i'm 5'9.5" long.. (177 cm)
    I'm from the Netherlands and here it is a normal height for women.. (were tall people!)

anyway... I'm currently at 212 pounds and my goal is 165 pounds
  • busymomathome
    busymomathome Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @ hotjacki85
    Thank you for posting. Your stats match mine very closely. I'm 5'10" and started at 206 three weeks ago. I'm just starting this and really appreciate the inspiration! You look great! What have been your main weight loss strategies and how long did it take you?
  • prettyhazelr
    Options
    I'm 5'9. At my highest i was 194, now I'm 183, but I want go get to 150
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 so feel free to add me as well. Im at 260.5 now i was 291. my goal is to be about 195. I dont want to be too small i still love my curves but add me if you like i have pics on my profile.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and you can read my profile and check out my pics. I have come a long way and still have some to go, but very happy!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!