CALLING ALL TALL GIRLS!!!!

Options

Replies

• hwalt001
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 146 lbs. I just want to finally break 140!! Everyone tells me I don't need to loose but its more getting fit! One day I will be a mean lean fighting machine haha ;)
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and met my goal a couple of years ago but this last year due to some minor injuries I had put about 20 - 25lbs back on. I have lost 7 so I am getting there.
    In 2010 I went from 201 to 140 in about six months. My profile is my before and after pic.
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    image.jpegimageru

Hey there!! I hope this link works!!! If not I'll have to fix it lol. I'm 22 years old and 6ft tall :) I was 230 and am currently 186 - my ideal weight I want to be is between 145-150 . Being tall can be discouraging - they say we carry our weight well. that may be so but if its hard to notice when we put it on - its also hard to notice when we take it off!. so just hang in there and keep it up!
  • Bossiekop
    Options
    I am 6', but only started my journey.... RACE YOU? :tongue:
  • akgirl88
    akgirl88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this thread has been really helpful!! yay tall girls! :)

I'm 5'9" and the lowest i ever weighed was about 140 at a size 8 AE jeans ( i think they're sizes are a little different from other brands, but maybe thats just me.) the only thing was that i didnt have much muscle. my current goal is to get back as close to that as i can, but in a healthier way. :)
  • pinkstay
    Options
    Bump for inspiration! :) everyone looks amazing!!!!!!
  • Lalaj100
    Lalaj100 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!! I'm 5'9. I have a long way to go but my goal is 175lb. Never been there in my adult life so as I get closer I guess I will re-evaluate. Thanks for the motivation ladies!
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yeah - joining the tall girls club! I don't have any before and after pictures (just started on MFP) but I will get started on that. I am 42 years old, 5'11 and weigh 140 pounds. That weight might seem low but I'm very squishy. In addition, I have a heart valve problem and low thyroid. So, my goals are less about weight loss and more about health. I want to burn some fat and gain some muscle, get my heart in the best shape possible, and in general - just be healthy. Everyone on here is so inspiring I just had to join! Go tall girls!!!!
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Is 5'7 considered tall? I guess I'm kind of on the tall side. :D No pictures yet, but soon!

no
  • Tobe_Irie
    Options
    Inspiring thread. I don't have any before pictures as its been a longer journey for me and i'm pretty sure i burned all pictures of the heavier me. I am 5'8 and currently at 154. I got down to 146 before my wedding about a year and a half ago but i'm pretty sure that was stress/bridezilla related. :) At 146 i still felt like i had a few lbs to go. My goal is 140 and toned although i can't remember ever seeing that number in my life. Maybe when i was 11. I know everyone has a different body shape/type and consistency but i think all the tall ladies look fabulous in the 150's and 160's. Wish i could feel that way about myself. Hmmmph! Tall ladies add me as a friend, we can inspire eachother. :)
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's all I have to say...
  • lokisadie
    lokisadie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump!
  • Danasusann
    Danasusann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This post is so motivating. You never see all these tall girls in one place. I'm 5.9 1/2 and weigh 214, my goal weight is 145-155 but i would be happy with 160 again! My lowest weight was about 7 years ago at 154. I would love to get back there before my wedding on 11/20/2013 :) I need some MFP buddies. Feel free to add me. TALL GIRL SQUAD!
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!
    I'm 6'2 and always used the excuse that I was big boned. After losing 75 lbs......I knew that was NOT a legitamate excuse for moi. I did find 15 of those pounds again but working at losing them and then some. My goal is to lose 100 lbs and see what my body will allow afterwards.

Started at 328! Ughhhh.

Good luck to all MFP Tall friends. Oh and what about the task of pants shopping!!!! LOL

b4after_zps24bee636.jpg
  • Danipri22
    Danipri22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    All you ladies are doing amazingly well! I'm 5'9 and have lost 14lbs so far, your success' have really inspired me!
  • chunsagirl01
    chunsagirl01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I dont have any pics to give you at the moment, but Im 5'9 and currently 177. I started out at 220 ugh :(. Its ok its been a long journey and I will be at goal of 150 in no time!
  • jbr121
    jbr121 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this thread! How inspirational you all are.

Me: 5'9. 40yrs. Started at 192 - it's taken 2 years, but now at 147.

Curious to see how many of us tall girls are aiming for 140 - seems like that's the magic number for a lot of us. Wonder why?
  • aero0811
    aero0811 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im looking at these pictures and thinking im the same weight as some of you, and I look so much bigger! Im 5'8 and my heaviest was 185 lbs and im down to 163lbs now, goal weight is 145 lbs I think hopefully by summer.
  • kayceeleekennedy
    Options
    I'm 6'3,, And I'm 223, trying to get down to 190 before my wedding in june.
    No pictures yet but I'm working on it.
  • Kerinjay
    Options
    I'm 5'11. Started at 206 - down to 199 currently after two weeks on MFP. I have been walking 3 miles a day four times a week and watching what I eat. I would like to get down to like 160. I'm going to try the 30 day shred dvd that I've seen a lot of people on here talking about. I knew I was bigger, I didn't realize how big I had gotten til I got weighed at the Dr.'s office. My profile pic, I was probably like 200 lbs. I hate it.
    Good luck to all the tall beauties out there!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!