CALLING ALL TALL GIRLS!!!!

Options

Replies

• greenihlonde
    Options
    5'9" here! I have "progress" pictures on my profile. I'm not THERE yet. GW 130-135 CW 145
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' here, I started MFP at 311 and am currently at 245, I want to lose another 60lbs to get to my goal weight. I believe my profile is open so you can see my pics there!
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started at 210. I'm now at 142. I'm aiming for 140. I'm also 58 ... so it doesn't matter how young or old you are ... you can do it when you're tall. Feel free to add me if you want motivation from someone older than most here.

:laugh:
  • BonitaMay79
    BonitaMay79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and always used the excuse that I was big boned. After losing 75 lbs......I knew that was NOT a legitamate excuse for moi. I did find 15 of those pounds again but working at losing them and then some. My goal is to lose 100 lbs and see what my body will allow afterwards.

Started at 328! Ughhhh.

Good luck to all MFP Tall friends. Oh and what about the task of pants shopping!!!! LOL

b4after_zps24bee636.jpg
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", is that tall enough?

First pic 319 lbs. Second pic taken a few weeks ago at 136ish.

beforesmaller.jpg20months-2_zps1c5eea88.jpg
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and my highest weight was 330. My first goal is to get to under 200 and I'll re-evaluate from there.

Ultimately not concerned with BMI/Scale number I just want to be happy, healthy fit & toned.... and look smokin ;o)
  • VeeJon
    VeeJon Posts: 27
    Options
    WOW!!! This is super incredible because I can relate to just about every story on here....What a huge blessing to see this morning!!
    I am 5'9" and started seriously for the second or third time at nearly 260 and now I am just pushing into the 220's finally and it has been a slow but steady process. I just keep telling myself to keep going and it will take time. This is a lifestyle change for me so keep it up and thanks to all the lovely tall ladies for such great inspiration this morning.....Smooches to all of :-)
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and always used the excuse that I was big boned. After losing 75 lbs......I knew that was NOT a legitamate excuse for moi. I did find 15 of those pounds again but working at losing them and then some. My goal is to lose 100 lbs and see what my body will allow afterwards.

Started at 328! Ughhhh.

Good luck to all MFP Tall friends. Oh and what about the task of pants shopping!!!! LOL

b4after_zps24bee636.jpg

I used the "Big Boned" excuse too - but after 43 pound of weight loss I realized I was just fat...kinda gets my goat when I hear people use that excuse now...
  • KGray12385
    KGray12385 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5' 9" and currently 155 lbs... hoping to get to 140! I guess I have a medium build (according to the wrist size chart anyway). I find that since I'm already in the "healthy" range losing weight is like pulling teeth! I'm determined though - this time I will go all the way!!
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ok...I'm 5.10.5/5.11 depending on what time of day I measure my height...I started at 166..I am 57 years old....I got down to 152 but I keep going up and down to 155 back to 153, etc... I cannot get below 150...I would like to weigh 145 but it seems impossible....My calorie count thing says 1200 calories a day. I stick to that "most days"....I don't exercise every day but I do try. I am so frustrated. I wish I could keep going down and stop with the yoyo thing.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"9" as well, dont have any before or after pics yet, but feel free to add me....Tall girls unite!

Good luck!

18895238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Want in on this thread! About 5'8", starting weight 174 current weight 164 goal weight a toned 140, but i suspect 145 is more realistic (I weighed 137 in high school before i developed boobs or hips and looked quite thin!) My doctor suggested I try to "never get higher than 150" but what I really want is to be toned and firm....not feel flabby. I'm getting back into lots of running so runners, tall girls, and happy motivational people feel free to friend me!!!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options

Started at 328! Ughhhh.

b4after_zps24bee636.jpg

I used the "Big Boned" excuse too - but after 43 pound of weight loss I realized I was just fat...kinda gets my goat when I hear people use that excuse now...

You can be fat and have a large frame, which some people call big bones and you can be fat and have a small frame. Unfortunately, people that legitimately have big bones get lumped in with people who use big bones as being the reason that they are fat. Big bones and fat are not one and the same.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", 30 years old, and I've had five kids; I started out at around 240, but probably higher (I stopped weighing myself.)

July2010006.jpg

This is me after about a year, at 170:

December2011006.jpg

This is me at around 160:

October20120502.jpg

And this is me at 155, after starting a weight lifting program:

20130129_203913_zpsfc7b88a5.jpg

You can totally do this.:flowerforyou:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    im 5'7" so not realy tall, but the before I was 164 I think, 8lbs lost already, and the after is me now, 138. I worked hard from April 12, to september, then fell off the wagon then started again at the beginning of the month.
    PicsArt_1359647754073_zpsbbc2592c.jpg
  • NadDrew
    NadDrew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tall girl 5.8 big bones, strong but feminine.
    Currently at 178
    2 years ago I was at 240 and my goal is 150 pounds.

Nad...:wink:
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    BUMB! Will read later. I'm 5'9"
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

You look amazing and I love your dress on the right - so cute!
  • BonitaMay79
    BonitaMay79 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Started at 328! Ughhhh.

b4after_zps24bee636.jpg

You can be fat and have a large frame, which some people call big bones and you can be fat and have a small frame. Unfortunately, people that legitimately have big bones get lumped in with people who use big bones as being the reason that they are fat. Big bones and fat are not one and the same.

Yes purplecharm, I agree. I just meant that I had to stop using that excuse for myself. We are all very different when it comes to body types and what works well for one, may not work at all for others. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!