Anyone else shy about working out in front of their spouse?

Options

Replies

• LivMinusTen
    LivMinusTen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I won't let him see me. Whenever I am working out and he comes in, I just stare at him with my arms crossed. He doesn't always get the message... He is also in the den a lot and this is the only room where I can do exercises where I have to jump. I sometimes have to ask him to please go to another room. He laughs about it. Recently he has signed up for a 10k training, so when he is away I start my exercises. :-)
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Haha! I know I look silly.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I'm not married, but I do prefer to workout in private
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I try to bribe mine to work out with me by promising I'll wear yoga pants. We've been married for more than 21 years and have four kids. I have no dignity left. :P
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    YES!! B/c he is thin always has been always will be! 0_o he doesn't understand :(
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't like anyone watching me workout really, but it's kind of unavoidable. My girlfriend is the one person I wouldn't mind seeing, actually. She already knows all the folds, rolls, and jiggles of my body!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I get turned on working out with my husband :blushing:
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I really don't like it when he watches but there is no other time I can do the bulk of it when he isn't around. He makes comments (mostly positive remarks like "you know, you already have great posture" or "you are already strong"). I just prefer peace and quiet and to be alone (except when I go to my gym Curves with all women). On the flip side, he is really out of shape, needing to lose at least 50 pounds, and watching me is making him think about exercising too.
  • jjmnet
    jjmnet Posts: 110
    Options
    My husband loves it when I workout and respects that I like to do it on my own. Once I've got the moves down to a video I don't really care who sees me....I think it's being uncoordinated that makes you (me) feel self conscious. I started a new one this week....and OMG.....I was all over the place!!! So bust a move, throw your tunes on and forget about it.....he will love the results and will most likely keep his mouth shut........if not.....like the other posted said....."punch him in the junk"....lol....jj. Good luck!!!!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    We go to the gym together, it doesn't bother me.
    To be honest, hes probably looking at other women in the gym, he can look at me any time!!!!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It could start something. . . . .
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am. it's pretty funny when you think about it. man's seen me naked, which is scary in it's own right, went through 9 1/2 horrible months of me being a total psycho war zone, seen me get cut open and stitched up for my c section, and after all that, I refuse to let him see me work out.

also, when I work out at home and he's here, he goes into our room and lets me have my time and space
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way. Now, I don't care. He's even complimented my quads when I was doing step-ups, which was pretty awesome! I don't like doing Zumba in front of him or anyone else though. I have to look terrible doing that. lol
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    when hubby and I work out together we get super competative and it pushes us both to push ourselves harder.... I think it's a great motivator. Now he works out at the gym while I'm with my trainer.
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way. Now it's fun if he's working out and so am I. Granted we might be doing different things, like he does P90X and I'll 30DS... but we compete on who lasts longer or burns more calories. So it's fun! Now the kids are a different story. "Your doing it wrong mom..." Angers me everytime. LOL
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't like anyone watching lol. My treadmill is in a backroom where no one can see me. My 2nd tv is in the basement and normally no one really spends anytime down there so thats where I do my workout dvds. The only thing ovrsped and teh kids watch me do is walking and that cause we go on walks together lol.
  • nayeliholmes
    nayeliholmes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't work out when my husband is home at all... Its wierd considering he has seen me pee, my entire body, and other stuff you would normally be self concious of..
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    No, because I kill it compared to her efforts. If anything, I'm hoping she see's what I'm doing and feels bad for watching E! TV and reading smut on her Nook. Joan Rivers can wait, do some jumping jacks!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I totally have this issue and it is a self confidence thing. I literally make my fiance leave the room and go outside or in another room so I can do my 30 minute workout. He hates that I do that, but he understands. I know he wouldnt laugh at me. I think he'd be proud and love the fact that I'm working out, but I just can't let him see me just yet. ;]
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to be so embarrassed to workout while my husband was sitting on the couch behind me. But, thats the only way because on weekends he is home and i've gotten used to it. He mostly watches the tv and gives me pointers now. lol i think you will get used to it. Also, i hope that i encourage him to get up and do it with me!!