If paleo is so good

Replies

• CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    In countries without these services 3 out of every 4 women die during childbirth and 4 out of 5 children do not survive to see their 5th birthday.

Sources? :huh:

http://www.unicef.org/media/media_fastfacts.html

"■Region with the highest under five mortality rates (2008): West & Central Africa, 169 per 1,000 live births."

Unicef disagrees with your numbers?
    That and if you take it as it sounds, only one out of 20 pregnancies results in a child living past 5 who has a live mother to raise it. Considering the average female needs to have > 2.0 successful offspring in order for population growth to occur (which it did/does even in those places under those types of conditions) then the few women who did manage to survive childbirth would have to be astoundingly prolific.
    I'd like to make a master list of all the things that were rustled in this thread.
    Off-topic. Reported.

That 41% under-five child mortality rate is a 50% improvement from 1960's (http://www.unicef.org/mdg/childmortality.html) and occurred due to distribution of vaccines (among other things).
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    In countries without these services 3 out of every 4 women die during childbirth and 4 out of 5 children do not survive to see their 5th birthday.

Sources? :huh:

http://www.unicef.org/media/media_fastfacts.html

"■Region with the highest under five mortality rates (2008): West & Central Africa, 169 per 1,000 live births."

Unicef disagrees with your numbers?

You're correct. I apologize. Child mortality in developing nations as of 2012 is 41% world-wide.

http://www.childinfo.org/files/Child_Mortality_Report_2012.pdf

"Since 1990 the global under-five mortality
    rate has dropped 41 percent—from 87
    (85, 89) deaths per 1,000 live births in 1990
    to 51 (51, 55) in 2011."

Child mortality has dropped 41%, it is NOT at 41%.

"The highest rates of child mortality are still in
    Sub-Saharan Africa—where 1 in 9 children
    dies before age five."

The numbers are bad enough without you MAKING UP statistics. Read your sources BEFORE you post them.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    This is stupid. Obviously, there were no cavemen, it's a conspiracy by "scientists" to make us believe we came from fish. The world started 6k years ago, and then there were two people, a rib, and an apple. The rest is history.

I'm pretty sure that people, ribs, and apples are all ok on the paleo diet...

Wooha I only thought straight guys and lesbians ate people.
  • CATindeeHAT

The numbers are bad enough without you MAKING UP statistics. Read your sources BEFORE you post them.

Sorry. Bible says I can't do that either.

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    This is stupid. Obviously, there were no cavemen, it's a conspiracy by "scientists" to make us believe we came from fish. The world started 6k years ago, and then there were two people, a rib, and an apple. The rest is history.

I hate to disagree but,

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

My response to that is that The Bible is a conspiracy made up by "religious folk" to strip people of their ability to think for themselves.

Good news is religion is starting to go extinct just like the cavemen. So I guess we both win right?

Who said anything about the bible?! Religious discussions belong in private groups.
    :laugh: :tongue:

Well I'm sure you didn't read that the world is 6000-years-old in National Geographic. You brought it up love, not me.

It's science, yo.

Just the fact that this discussion is occurring in 2013 is SOLID EVIDENCE that Neanderthals are still around today. :drinker:

Bless your heart

Everyone knows what bless your heart means in southern right?
  • CATindeeHAT

Burn in hell you heretic! It's a term of endearment.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member

For this to be fun, you probably need to adhere to the site's TOS.
  • CATindeeHAT

For this to be fun, you probably need to adhere to the site's TOS.

Off subject. Reported. :drinker:
  • PetulantOne

:angry:
  • CATindeeHAT

1. This is a term used by the people of the southern United States particularly near the Gulf of Mexico to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words.

2. "You are an idiot but I like you and care about you so I dont want to hurt your feelings."

The south does everything different. They even have their own science.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

I hate to disagree but,

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

My response to that is that The Bible is a conspiracy made up by "religious folk" to strip people of their ability to think for themselves.

Good news is religion is starting to go extinct just like the cavemen. So I guess we both win right?

Who said anything about the bible?! Religious discussions belong in private groups.
    :laugh: :tongue:

Well I'm sure you didn't read that the world is 6000-years-old in National Geographic. You brought it up love, not me.

It's science, yo.

Just the fact that this discussion is occurring in 2013 is SOLID EVIDENCE that Neanderthals are still around today. :drinker:

Bless your heart

I think the proper response is "now aren't you a pretty little thing, bless your heart . . . "
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

1. This is a term used by the people of the southern United States particularly near the Gulf of Mexico to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words.

2. "You are an idiot but I like you and care about you so I dont want to hurt your feelings."

They're just trying to save your soul. Why can't you leave them alone?
  • CATindeeHAT

They're just trying to save your soul. Why can't you leave them alone?

Because I'm God.
  • PetulantOne

I know what it means. That's why I said it. So :angry:
  • CATindeeHAT

lol.

You asked a question, you got an answer. I'd be pissed to.
  • PetulantOne

lol.

Sarcasm much? :laugh:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

lol.

Sarcasm much? :laugh:

What? Sarcasm in this thread?
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Just when I thought I'd figured out how to hold on to my faith, and also accept theoretical physics and natural science, this thread comes along and jacks it all up. I'm just going to sit over here, and be content to just be a dirty-eater who is always curious. Oh and also, InBeforeTheLock.gif
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Just when I thought I'd figured out how to hold on to my faith, and also accept theoretical physics and natural science, this thread comes along and jacks it all up. I'm just going to sit over here, and be content to just be a dirty-eater who is always curious. Oh and also, InBeforeTheLock.gif

Please quit trying to hijack my thread
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Let me see if I have this correct...

The cavemen died of a conspiracy because God, who happens to be posting in this thread, made them eat the Paleo diet.

I'm so confused!