If paleo is so good

123457»

Replies

• Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Just when I thought I'd figured out how to hold on to my faith, and also accept theoretical physics and natural science, this thread comes along and jacks it all up. I'm just going to sit over here, and be content to just be a dirty-eater who is always curious. Oh and also, InBeforeTheLock.gif

Please quit trying to hijack my thread

*humbly scolded*
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Just when I thought I'd figured out how to hold on to my faith, and also accept theoretical physics and natural science, this thread comes along and jacks it all up. I'm just going to sit over here, and be content to just be a dirty-eater who is always curious. Oh and also, InBeforeTheLock.gif

Please quit trying to hijack my thread

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST6oYMQUilxFPDeGgDGut_zA1glXippHAsGBa6UaGl2Cl0YkBvfw
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Let me see if I have this correct...

The cavemen died of a conspiracy because God, who happens to be posting in this thread, made them eat the Paleo diet.

I'm so confused!

You're not confused. That's all correct. It's called faith, have some.
  • gloryofthis
    gloryofthis Posts: 46 Member
    Why are all the cavemen dead? HUH?

Because they didn't have modern medicine which prevents the death of 3 out of every 4 mothers during childbirth and vaccines which prevent the death of 4 out of 5 children before the age of 5.

In countries without these services 3 out of every 4 women die during childbirth and 4 out of 5 children do not survive to see their 5th birthday.

...and cavemen aren't dead. They evolved into modern man.

this. <3
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Wait why isn't anyone replying to my fact we are bringing back Neanderthal humans from extinction?

We are reviving an extinct species...

Oh and Palaeolithic humans died from injuries, poisons and animals usually :P fyi... more often than not injuries...
    Silly. Neanderthal isn't homosapien. They're cousins.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • maddogg82
    maddogg82 Posts: 159 Member
    The guys from Epic Mealtime are still alive, so I think I'm going to start following their diet. Bacon, fast food and alcohol here I come!

:laugh:

BACON STRIPS BACON STRIPS BACON STRIPS

Im with u
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Who says all the cavemen are dead? I've seen a few Neanderthals around!
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member

Because they didn't have modern medicine which prevents the death of 3 out of every 4 mothers during childbirth and vaccines which prevent the death of 4 out of 5 children before the age of 5.

In countries without these services 3 out of every 4 women die during childbirth and 4 out of 5 children do not survive to see their 5th birthday.

...and cavemen aren't dead. They evolved into modern man.

this. <3

I was not born a caveman and I did not evolve lol this is so stupid
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member

The numbers are bad enough without you MAKING UP statistics. Read your sources BEFORE you post them.

Sorry. Bible says I can't do that either.

I'm about as Atheist as one can get, but your posts are awful. As someone who enjoys witty remarks that poke fun at all religion, I must say you are failing at it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

The numbers are bad enough without you MAKING UP statistics. Read your sources BEFORE you post them.

Sorry. Bible says I can't do that either.

I'm about as Atheist as one can get, but your posts are awful. As someone who enjoys witty remarks that poke fun at all religion, I must say you are failing at it.

Methinks you're missing the point.
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member

The cavemen died of a conspiracy because God, who happens to be posting in this thread, made them eat the Paleo diet.

I'm so confused!

My faith is fine, thank you.

It is the complete failure of any form of apologetics (Christian or otherwise) in this thread that would illicit the incredibly absurd statement that I made. Most of the discussion here sounds a lot like two elementary school children who think truth is defined by their points of view.

In the future if you want to wade into a debate like this perhaps you could try one of the following sources as your basis of argument:

Scientific: the bio-chemical refute for evolution as laid out in the book "Darwin's Black Box"
    Philosophical: Proof of God as laid out by C.S. Lewis in "Mere Christianity"
    The common sense: "If evolution is a fact. Please produce evidence of the missing link between men and apes."

/thread
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    :laugh: :laugh:
    If all hte cavemen are dead, who is filming the geico commercials?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member

I'm so confused!

It is the complete failure of any form of apologetics (Christian or otherwise) in this thread that would illicit the incredibly absurd statement that I made. Most of the discussion here sounds a lot like two elementary school children who think truth is defined by their points of view.

In the future if you want to wade into a debate like this perhaps you could try one of the following sources as your basis of argument:

Scientific: the bio-chemical refute for evolution as laid out in the book "Darwin's Black Box"
    The common sense: "If evolution is a fact. Please produce evidence of the missing link between men and apes."

/thread

I am a little scared to post since you already ended the thread, but I think you missed the joke here. This was a very funny thread. Thanks for your pro tips on how to debate evolution though, I will make sure to reference them next time I want to debate philosophy in a weight loss forum. Got any tips on if black tea can be logged as water?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member

I'm so confused!

/thread
    1- Poe's Law.

2- A debate is a waste of time, because debating is not a method for discovering truths, but a method of convincing people of something with no regard for whether or not it is true. A 'scientific debate' is an oxymoron.

Asking for a missing link is framing the whole thing inside a creationist mentality. If someone provides B between A and C, then there will be twice as many "missing links" between A/B and B/C and will never hit the ever moving goalposts. Beside that, the morphotypes/phenotypes of fossils are not what evolve anyway. Multicellular animals do not evolve because they do not make copies of themselves. Replicators evolve, which would be genes in this case. Genes which build gene-copying machines like you and me and fish, frogs, and chimpanzees. The genes and their molecular products provide more evidence for evolution than there is for gravity, without ever having to find a single fossil. So if you want your "missing link" look into the phylogenetic trees of genes and gene products instead.