1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• pure_of_heart
    pure_of_heart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for the NET 1200 calories.... i.e.. eating back the calories when I exercise but days like yesterday where I had more exercise than I usually do, if I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat so still hit the 1200 calories consumed. Regardless, you wanted to know what i eat, I have my diary open to the public so feel free!
  • DeanBurrows
    DeanBurrows Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/874820-1100-calorie-diet

Please check this, learn about BMR and TDEE and adjust accordingly
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for over three weeks now. I haven't found it that hard but I'm only 5'0". I do eat back the calories I earn from exercise. There are days that I am hungry though. I don't worry too much if I go over now and then as long as I am not earring crap and try to keep it healthy. So far it's working. I've lost about 7 lbs
  • Gemmyw22
    Options
    I've been on 1200 since I joined, even when it said I reached my target and that they would change them to suit...stayed at 1200 to eat!

I find that I can eat it no problem but I think I need to maybe cut it down a little myself to notice a difference x
  • creedjohnson
    Options
    I'm managing 1200 calories pretty well. I think the extra calories you get from exercising helps, even though I haven't had to use them much.
  • baroqueviolin
    Options
    I've done 1200 since June. Lots of salads with very little dressing, roasted veggies topped w/ Greek yogurt, Atkins meal bars and laughing cow light cheese are kind of staples in my diet. Worked very well for the first 50 lbs.... i'm just shy of losing 75 total now...and the going is slower. Trying to up the exercise whenever possible!
  • Emilybryar
    Emilybryar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of veggies!!!!! They have fiber which fills you up and water and vitamiln and minerals. Plus LOW in calories (most of them)
    :wink: :wink:
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 cals mon-fri an eat what I want on sat an sun lost 35lbs so far x
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I've been maintaining 1200 pretty easily, once I got past the first week.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do 1200-1300.
  • LusciousLady
    LusciousLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was doing 1200 calories but recently changed my weight loss goals..I didn't have a problem with because I would gain calories back from exercise and I've pretty much been eating what I want in moderation. Good luck.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    <raises hand>
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1270 and my food diary is open to friends. Add me and we can encourage each other! Sometimes it's so hard to stay in range and some days (like last night) I just don't feel like eating more when I am full. As you can tell, I'm still trying to work out the bugs of my healthy eating. One of my phobias is that if I eat too much at the beginning of the day then I will surely go over by the time dinner occurs. I

I try to 'listen to my body' but sometimes my body begs for Taco Bell and Ice Cream! I have to be stronger in that way!

My goal for the moment is to lose 6 pounds by Valentine's Day :)
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 calorie diet but I make sure I exercise every day so I can eat more! :) I know they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I'm not super hungry in the mornings, so I'll drink a cup or two of coffee and have oatmeal or greek yogurt. Then I buy those Snack Wells 100 calorie snacks (and fruit too) and eat for my mid morning and afternoon snack. At lunch I try to keep in mind LEAN AND GREEN. So some kind of lean meat and usually a salad. A lot of the time for lunch I'll eat soup. :) That way for dinner, I can eat, within reason, what I want. And oh, I DOWN the water all day long to help keep me full and I also keep plenty of gum or hard candy nearby to satisfy my sweet tooth! :)

I've lost 20 pounds on this 1200 calorie plan!
  • the3bangs
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I had to add more time to my workout to get out of the red. Today, so far so good!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
  • VersusTheMoose
    Options
    I have been doing it for 10 straight weeks, but I am also 6'0'' & male so I guess I am in the wrong form..haha..
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    OH and salad dressings are the worst for me! I love regular ole' ranch dressing. HOWEVER, now I buy the Bolthouse Balsamic Vinegarette dressing (30 calories) and mix in a little horseradish mustard (I get the generic brand of this and there's pretty much NOTHING calorie-wise in it - it's not dijon) and it makes a really good, thick dressing with a kick!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That's about my average I sometimes go lower than 1200 and some days higher than 1200 but around 1200 is my weekly average calorie goal.
This discussion has been closed.