1200 calorie girls

Options

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my dinner last date night was 1200 calories.

so?

You're hangry, you should eat more.

ugh, that term is so unfunny. wasn't funny the first time i heard it and isn't funny or creative the thousanth time. be a little more original next time. mmmmkay?

Nobody said the term was funny; everyone knows it isn't original. Neither is this routine you have of showing up in threads just to pick fights.

Someone gave some information that you have chosen to ignore. Fine, no big deal. But don't act like it's a personal insult.

I don't show up to threads to pick fights. The arrogant people coming in here always telling the 1200 calorie people that they are doing it wrong are picking fights however.

There's no fight happening. Someone said "hey, here's some information." And then you got all worked up.

Nobody takes it personally if you eat 1200 calories. Some people might not know that there's another way. And nobody would take it personally if someone who eats 1200 showed up in another thread and tossed out their opinion.
  • maysethi
    Options
    I'm also on a 1200 calorie diet. My concern is that it may not be enough. I'm 5'8 and 200 lbs. I want to go down to170 by October. I've read that if you don't eat enough calories you won't lose weight. I'm following MFP and that's where I got the 1200 calorie calculation from. I get recipes from sparkpeople.com. They've got easy to make and some really good ones.
  • mireyap21
    Options
    i been eating 1200 calories and sometimes a bit more with exercise and i havent really felt hungry..im also eating more than 100 grams of protein a day so it keeps me pretty full HIGH PROTEIN N LOW FAT way to go :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

saw it the first time in this thread. that thread is still as useless to me as it it was when i saw it on my own weeks ago.

there should be a rule against trolling these threads. the o.p. just asked for others in her category. she did not ask to be criticized by arrogant people.

Its not trolling if its useful information, yes you don't wont to hear it but maybe it will help someone that does.

it is trolling imo when the eat more police feel the need to put it in any thread that even mentions 1200 calories. it's not useful information when we get to see it repeatedly. it becomes trolling. anyone who is on this site for a day will see the eat more police giving this "advice". it was not asked for in this thread however.

Blah blah blah... suck it up princess ... seriously suck it up. start a group called "1200 calorie dieters" make it private and only invite people who have 1200 calories. you can police it how you want and the eat more police won't bother you anymore... its not a hard concept... really. Groups are wonderful things.

Personally I am tired of all the 1200 calorie threads in the last week I have probably seen 500 of the same thing - I am going to come into them and I am probably going to continue to tell people to eat more because in a few weeks 350 of these threads are going to be "I am not losing weight what is wrong with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?????!!! I am eating 1200 calories and it isn't working"
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have PCOS and I'm on a medically-supervised 1200 calorie diet. I've worked hard to balance macros and maximize nutrients. My diary is open to friends if you'd like to add me. I often post links to the recipes I use and they could be tweaked to 1200, 1600, whatever-hundred calorie diets. I don't eat any low-fat or typical diet foods either--lot of veggies and whole foods and would be glad to help you figure out some meals to fit into your dietary needs.
  • jack1925
    jack1925 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was at 1200 since Jan 1st, but I bumped it up to 1500 the other day. I found that I was possibly repriving myself to things that my body needs and (TMI: got a little constipated). Now I'm just trying to learn how to properly eat. If I can balance my calories and fiber and carbs and protein the way that my body can handle it, ( I find it hard to do with only 1200 to work with) 1200 might come back into play some day.

P.S.- I'm always up for some motivation MFP friends. :wink:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    would you eat more police like it if the 1200 calorie people showed up in a person who is eating 1600 calories and told them to eat less even though they seemed to be perfectly fine just like the 1200 calorie people in this thread? i highly doubt it. it's trolling.

Look, from a person who did 1200 for a few months..... you will plateau. It's inevitable. And it'll be for weeks... maybe months. Why not just do it the healthy way & feed your body properly so you can avoid the months of feeling like a complete failure?

You only have one body. Why abuse it to lose weight when you can take care of it and lose just as much weight? I lose the same amount of weight at 1900 calories as I did at 1200.

Don't be naive. We're not arrogant. Just right.
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure my dinner last date night was 1200 calories.

so?

You're hangry, you should eat more.

ugh, that term is so unfunny. wasn't funny the first time i heard it and isn't funny or creative the thousanth time. be a little more original next time. mmmmkay?

She's hangry. For sure.

angry yes, hungry no.

Why you so angry?
    I'm not angry. And I'm never hungry, either. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    I'm also on a 1200 calorie diet. My concern is that it may not be enough. I'm 5'8 and 200 lbs. I want to go down to170 by October. I've read that if you don't eat enough calories you won't lose weight. I'm following MFP and that's where I got the 1200 calorie calculation from. I get recipes from sparkpeople.com. They've got easy to make and some really good ones.

If you are moderately active (moderate exercise 3-5 times per week), you could eat around 2,000 calories to lose weight gradually. That is a reasonable calorie goal that is easy to maintain for a long time, retain your lean muscle mass, and keep you feeling full and have enough energy for awesome workouts:

oga0sm.png

You can use the calculator here yourself to adjust your activity level:http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/. Ideally, you should not eat below your BMR, which appears to be around 1650 calories per day.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not me! I prefer to retain my sanity, hair, and health for the rest of my life. :flowerforyou:

am i the only one that finds it offensive that symptoms of long-term anorexia are being compared so lightly and as a joke?!?

not. ok.

unless of course you're a medical professional, or registered dietician, in which case, i do, sincerely, apologize
  • nataliescalories
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/874820-1100-calorie-diet

Please check this, learn about BMR and TDEE and adjust accordingly

I am on a 1200 calorie (medically supervised diet) and I just want to thank this poster for leaving the additional information to consider without leaving snarky or insulting comments. If you have alternative information to share, this is the way to do it with respect.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That would be me too, but I just started today. I think I've actually done pretty good but essencially I've eaten more today than days before. I just choose different things to eat. Like pistachios instead of skittles. I hope I can stay on it long enough to drop at least some of this baby weight I have been hauling around for almost a year!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    would you eat more police like it if the 1200 calorie people showed up in a person who is eating 1600 calories and told them to eat less even though they seemed to be perfectly fine just like the 1200 calorie people in this thread? i highly doubt it. it's trolling.

Look, from a person who did 1200 for a few months..... you will plateau. It's inevitable. And it'll be for weeks... maybe months. Why not just do it the healthy way & feed your body properly so you can avoid the months of feeling like a complete failure?

You only have one body. Why abuse it to lose weight when you can take care of it and lose just as much weight? I lose the same amount of weight at 1900 calories as I did at 1200.

How do you know that I will plateau? Just because you did, doesn't mean I will. In fact, I did not plateau. I went from 140 pounds to 115 pounds and never hit a plateau. If I plateau now, I'm cool with it because at 5'4", 115 pounds is a good weight.

People plateau at any amount of calories, even 1,900, not just because they eat 1200 calories. How am I being naive if it worked for me and I do not view what I did as abusing my body? I feel perfectly healthy and never felt like a complete failure from dieting since it worked really well for me.

Saying you're right when I just proved you wrong in my case makes you arrogant. Calling me naive makes you arrogant.
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    1200 calories makes me want to nibble on my friends, and my friends don't like when I walk off with their arms or legs. That and my work out would kill me...

I'm in love with this comment. :love: This is me at 1200. I'm not bashing anyone, if it works for you at 1200, Yay! But I think I'm too tall or something, but I'm homicidal at 1200 :explode: and this comment made me LOL. So I wanted to thank you for the giggle. :flowerforyou:

I have no problem with anyone choosing to eat how they want to eat or anything.. whether it be 1200 calories a day or 5000. I just know for me, I was eating anywhere from 1200-1400 a day and I was so hungry at night and fatigued all day. Finally I got a hold of heybales spreadsheet and figured out (even with confirmation that I calculated things correctly) that I should be eating 1600. Let me tell ya, I have not been starving at night and sleeping much better and not fatigued.

I don't know why people feel the need to harass on here. It's one thing to post the links once to the road map, heybales spreadsheet, or whatever; but reposting it to harass is against the site's policies and frankly, you people need to grow the hell up.
  • nataliescalories
    Options
    1200 calories makes me want to nibble on my friends, and my friends don't like when I walk off with their arms or legs. That and my work out would kill me...

I'm in love with this comment. :love: This is me at 1200. I'm not bashing anyone, if it works for you at 1200, Yay! But I think I'm too tall or something, but I'm homicidal at 1200 :explode: and this comment made me LOL. So I wanted to thank you for the giggle. :flowerforyou:

I have no problem with anyone choosing to eat how they want to eat or anything.. whether it be 1200 calories a day or 5000. I just know for me, I was eating anywhere from 1200-1400 a day and I was so hungry at night and fatigued all day. Finally I got a hold of heybales spreadsheet and figured out (even with confirmation that I calculated things correctly) that I should be eating 1600. Let me tell ya, I have not been starving at night and sleeping much better and not fatigued.

I don't know why people feel the need to harass on here. It's one thing to post the links once to the road map, heybales spreadsheet, or whatever; but reposting it to harass is against the site's policies and frankly, you people need to grow the hell up.

Very well said. Thank you and good luck on your journey! =)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options

How do you know that I will plateau? Just because you did, doesn't mean I will. In fact, I did not plateau. I went from 140 pounds to 115 pounds and never hit a plateau. If I plateau now, I'm cool with it because at 5'4", 115 pounds is a good weight.

People plateau at any amount of calories, even 1,900, not just because they eat 1200 calories. How am I being naive if it worked for me and I do not view what I did as abusing my body. I feel perfectly healthy and never felt like a complete failure from dieting since it worked really well for me.

Saying you're right when I just proved you wrong in my case makes you arrogant.

You have proven nothing other than you will pick a night with anyone. PS- I plateaued around 35 lbs lost.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS when you're not feeding your body properly. If I put a half a tank of gas in my car, I'll eventually stall out somewhere.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Haha you are welcome :) IDK if its a height thing honestly I am 4'9.5" and anything less than 1400 makes me bitey.. and just in general not a nice person. Thats with moderate exercise. SInce I started Insainty.. OH good lord I need at least 1500 or its just horrible..
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

People plateau at any amount of calories, even 1,900, not just because they eat 1200 calories. How am I being naive if it worked for me and I do not view what I did as abusing my body. I feel perfectly healthy and never felt like a complete failure from dieting since it worked really well for me.

You have proven nothing other than you will pick a night with anyone. PS- I plateaued around 35 lbs lost.

IT ALWAYS HAPPENS when you're not feeding your body properly. If I put a half a tank of gas in my car, I'll eventually stall out somewhere.

I hit my goal weight and did not plateau. Using CAPITAL LETTERS DOES NOT PROVE THAT I WILL PLATEAU. If I hit my goal weight and am done losing weight, when exactly am I scheduled to plateau?

I don't need to lose 35 pounds. I only needed to lose 25 pounds, so I guess I'm set now and did fine on 1200 calories.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Personally I am tired of all the 1200 calorie threads in the last week I have probably seen 500 of the same thing - I am going to come into them and I am probably going to continue to tell people to eat more because in a few weeks 350 of these threads are going to be "I am not losing weight what is wrong with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?????!!! I am eating 1200 calories and it isn't working"

lolz i am def sick of all those types of threads too.

but i do NET 1200-1300cals... i eat like 1700-1900 cals a day :happy:
  • VixenInTraining
    Options

I hit my goal weight and did not plateau. Using CAPITAL LETTERS DOES NOT PROVE THAT I WILL PLATEAU. If I hit my goal weight and am done losing weight, when exactly am I scheduled to plateau?

I don't need to lose 35 pounds. I only needed to lose 25 pounds, so I guess I'm set now and did fine on 1200 calories.

I can hear my hair growing. Would you like some soup?
This discussion has been closed.